What are the things you hate regarding fitba?

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Erm, money? You could go tit-for-tat on the players. Kalou is better than a shit ton of players in the EPL.

Kalou left Chelsea about 10 years ago, and even then he was mainly a bench player to Drogba. There hasn't been a different winning side since 2012. There hasn't been a European winning side since 2013. 

It's a poor league that gets away from criticism because of the atmosphere.

Kalou left Chelsea about 10 years ago, and even then he was mainly a bench player to Drogba. There hasn't been a different winning side since 2012. There hasn't been a European winning side since 2013. 
I'm not defending the Bundesliga, I'm saying you've described the EPL as well. For the most part the EPL dishes up extremely boring games. It's incredibly hyped up by the English media and is extremely over-rated. The number of dull games between the "best sides in the world" is unreal. Name-dropping players is pointless. They are in the EPL because of the money. Do you think De Bruyne would be at Man City if they never had the new guy in charge?

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
4 hours ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I'm not defending the Bundesliga, I'm saying you've described the EPL as well. For the most part the EPL dishes up extremely boring games. It's incredibly hyped up by the English media and is extremely over-rated. The number of dull games between the "best sides in the world" is unreal. Name-dropping players is pointless. They are in the EPL because of the money. Do you think De Bruyne would be at Man City if they never had the new guy in charge?

I agree, i wish the EPL wasn't predominantly about money. Unfortunately though, that's what football is now and has been for years. RB Leipzig are one of the Bundesliga's best teams right now and changed their name to a energy drink, nothing screams more about money than that. Also the reason why they might be "dull games " is because the EPL has the got some of the best defenders around, today.   

I agree, i wish the EPL wasn't predominantly about money. Unfortunately though, that's what football is now and has been for years. RB Leipzig are one of the Bundesliga's best teams right now and changed their name to a energy drink, nothing screams more about money than that. Also the reason why they might be "dull games " is because the EPL has the got some of the best defenders around, today.   
I think it's more than just having the best defenders. The majority of sides set up so defensively and focus on the defensive side more. It's quite rare now to see two out and out strikers for example. You just have to look back and Blackpool's 'don't give a f**k' attacking attitude to see how boringly defensive the division is. They of course went down but anyone who says they didn't enjoy watching that style of play is kidding themselves on or are as boring as the EPL.

1 hour ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Are you suggesting that there are no dull games in that league?

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

All of the Bayern Munich games. 

I was meaning the English Premier League. His post seemed to suggest that there are no dull games because some of the best defenders play in that league.

55 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Guards of Honour - A load of happy clappy pish.  Particularly when it's a team who've barely a penny honouring some multi-millionaire juggernaut who've won their 15th title in a row.

Yep, it’s a piece nonsense for the reason you stated. I find it quite degrading to the team having to do it.

Guest JTS98
18 hours ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I think it's hard to make a case that the Bundesliga is a poor league.

People do bang on about the atmosphere, but it is a genuine strength and does make it more enjoyable to watch.

That aside, I find it a regularly entertaining watch. Certainly more entertaining in general than the English league. It's a good place to see upcoming players and coaches of a very high standard.

Although I'd agree its golden age is probably over. From 2004 - 2012 it had five different winners and used to throw up great title races and it's still good for a high-profile relegation.

The part about not winning a European trophy since 2013 is a bit unfair. English and Spanish clubs have won all of the trophies in Europe since Bayern in 2013. That's just economic reality. In the five seasons before that German teams made five final appearances, including an all-German Champions League final. There have only been 4 finalists in European competitions out of the last 24 from countries other than England and Spain. None in the Champions League. The tournaments have become a closed shop.

That doesn't make the Bundesliga shit. It just reflects its ownership model and spending power.

Edited by JTS98

On 02/07/2020 at 11:14, THEHonestman1910 said:

Kalou now playing in Brazil 🇧🇷 

• 3 weeks later...

Footballer nicknames.  There a player called Jones.  What's his nickname?  Jonesy.  There's a player called Smith.  What's his nickname?  Smithy.  There's a player called John.  What's his nickname?  Johnny.  

I think you can see a pattern emerging here...

On 02/07/2020 at 20:33, Highland Capital said:

Guards of Honour - A load of happy clappy pish.  Particularly when it's a team who've barely a penny honouring some multi-millionaire juggernaut who've won their 15th title in a row.

Not having that. At least leave until after this season...

Footballer nicknames.  There a player called Jones.  What's his nickname?  Jonesy.  There's a player called Smith.  What's his nickname?  Smithy.  There's a player called John.  What's his nickname?  Johnny.  
It's always either "y" at the end or "er". Very original are us fitba fans.

Remember Ian Durrant getting referred to as "Durranty" but I can't remember who said it. It doesn't even work.

4 minutes ago, Empty It said:
14 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Remember Ian Durrant getting referred to as "Durranty" but I can't remember who said it. It doesn't even work.

Especially when the correct pronunciation of his name rhymes with Currant.