What are the things you hate regarding fitba?

Players that lie on the ground injured for ages until either the ref stops the game or it eventually goes out of play, then the ref goes over to them, they moan to the ref then get up and get on with it without needing any other treatment.
I know there's a certain amount of gamesmanship involved but it annoys the life out of me.

Guest JTS98
4 hours ago, spud131 said:

Players that lie on the ground injured for ages until either the ref stops the game or it eventually goes out of play, then the ref goes over to them, they moan to the ref then get up and get on with it without needing any other treatment.
I know there's a certain amount of gamesmanship involved but it annoys the life out of me.

McLeish's Rangers teams were masters of this. They seemed to have a system where as soon as the opposition crossed the halfway line one of them would go down somewhere on the pitch and their teammates would signal with concern until the opponents kicked the ball out. Then the ref would go over to check, the player would get up, and the ball ended up back with the opposition goalkeeper instead of in an attack.

You had to admire it in a way. They did it constantly.

Following my team, I don't like everything that goes with a match day. I absolutely loathe travelling to the likes of Inverness, Dingwall and Arbroath twice every season in the league and very often in cups too.

This will shock some diehards, I hate to drink alcohol pre or post match, it's just not my bag. Another irk for me is the gambling aspect, I just don't fancy a punt on fitba or horses.

Finally, clubs that don't print match day programmes simply just piss me off. No memorabilia makes it a non visit for me.

What are your pet hates from supporting your club?
Your post

19 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

People who have an English team, an Italian team, a Spanish team, a German team, a MLS team etc.  

the worlds a much smaller place now with a huge choice of footy broadcast.

I think most people,if they were watching a league on a regular basis,would find it hard not to develop a liking/disliking for some or other of the teams theyre watching

On 7 May 2020 at 00:12, The Golden God said:

Fans who can't sit (or stand) still. There's a group infront of me at home games who every game without fail will rock up bang on kick off or later and will then take ages finding their seats, inconveniencing  everyone around them, then during the game they are constantly moving around and swapping seats or getting up to go to the kiosks/toilets/whatever. I'd say there's about 6/7 of them and all apart from 1 are over the age of 18, the 2 da's shout complete shite the whole time and half the "kids" don't watch a single bit of the game, the only one who's well behaved is the actual wean. It's probably the one thing I'm not looking forward to about lockdown ending, be buzzing to get back to a game after all this time and then be hating it less than a minute in when these roasters stroll in.

Will be watching Junior football within 5 years.

On 22/05/2020 at 12:04, Melanius Mullarkey said:

The ever ending greeting amongst “fans” about the lack of a “match day experience”.

Have a couple of pints, get into the game, be subjected to abject misery for 45 mins, maybe a half time pie, repeat abject misery, couple of pints after the game.

What more do you fucking want?  Heards of wildebeest sweeping majestically across the pitch at half time? Mount Krakatoa erupting from the top of the main stand whenever there’s a corner? Milfy nurses dotted strategically about the stands to mop your brows? 

Similar to this, people who moan about the cost of a "match day experience" as though getting a few pints before/after, buying the wean a scarf, buying a programme, getting a half time pie, buying a club windfall/lotto ticket etc are all absolutely mandatory. To go to a game you need to get there, pay for your ticket, get back, everything else is not required. I get that tickets are expensive these days but people seem to act like if there was no football on a Saturday then they'd just be sitting in the house all day, not eating a thing and not going for a drink or spending money in any other way.

I know nearly every aspect of the Old Firm rivalry is just a dick measuring contest, but I’ve noticed in the last few seasons that who manufactures their kits is now a big deal and almost a rivalry in itself. I haven’t bought an ‘as new’ football strip in about a decade, so maybe I just don’t get it, but my Twitter is rife with Celtic fans in particular creaming themselves because Adidas are better than the mob Rangers are using. Do people actually care? Also willing to bet these morons are the type who go on about how much they hate the modern game, but will pay hundreds of pounds to kit themselves out in this year’s no doubt unique take on green and white hoops and all the training gear etc. Bizarre. 

Edited by ScottR96

On 26/06/2020 at 12:39, Highland Capital said:

People who have an English team

But people from Fife, Ayrshire, the Highlands etc. all have a Glasgow team.

Is it okay for a guy from Dingwall to support Rangers but it is not okay for a guy from Bathgate to support Man Utd?

3 minutes ago, ahemps said:

Is it okay for a guy from Dingwall to support Rangers but it is not okay for a guy from Bathgate to support Man Utd?

I live in Glasgow Southside, do I need to stop supporting Ayr and switch allegiance to Queens Park? 

1 hour ago, ahemps said:

1. No.

2 .You've missed the point.