What are the things you hate regarding fitba?

There used to be an old guy who sat near me who blamed the goalie for everything. Kicks it long, player loses aerial duel - keepers fault. Plays short pass to full back who in turn hoofs it up park to striker who loses aerial duel - keepers fault. 
It wasn't *insert keepers name* fault. It was just "Fucksake Keeper!". 
There was a boy a few seasons ago who would berate the opposition keeper mercilessly. Can't mind the team but he was at it for a good 5 minutes of the usual character assassinations before he continued walking on and said " he's having a great game to be honest but you need to give the keeper shite"

13 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

People who refer to penalty shoot-outs as a lottery.  They aren't.  They're a game of skill and nerve.  The only people who call them lotteries are those who lose them.

Basically every English person.

On 05/06/2020 at 20:28, Highland Capital said:

People who refer to penalty shoot-outs as a lottery.  They aren't.  They're a game of skill and nerve.  The only people who call them lotteries are those who lose them.

Yes! Absolutely this!

Keepers are usually guessing. If not they always say after that they've studied penalty takers and see how they strike them. The St Mirren keeper had it on his water bottle in the playoff against Dundee United. If a single United player noticed that they'd have won. 

However, even if the keeper knows, a great penalty is near impossible to save. It absolutely is mostly about nerve, and they know the technique, and this is why England were (are?) so shit at them, and Germany have never lost one. I'd say it's at least 70% nerve, but practising them is a good bit of it too. The classic quote is if it hits the inside of the net it's a good penalty.

Guest JTS98
On 06/06/2020 at 03:28, Highland Capital said:

Always amazes me when you hear the old 'it's no way to settle a tie' line.

What, scoring more goals than the other team is no way to settle a football match? Aye, ok.

UK TV presenters fawning over the Republic of Ireland at international tournaments. Desperate to talk them up and give them the 'home nation' treatment. It's a foreign country, and I couldn't give a single shiny shite about Irish football or Irish footballers. Might as well be Botswana, Turks and Caicos Islands, or any other backwater foreign country you care to name. :angry:

UK TV presenters fawning over the Republic of Ireland at international tournaments. Desperate to talk them up and give them the 'home nation' treatment. It's a foreign country, and I couldn't give a single shiny shite about Irish football or Irish footballers. Might as well be Botswana, Turks and Caicos Islands, or any other backwater foreign country you care to name. :angry:

Officially it’s not a foreign country (according to the 1946 Ireland act) although that bit of legal trivia probably doesn’t explain ITV’s assumption that we should support Ireland against France or Greece

On 07/06/2020 at 07:12, Boo Khaki said:

There are approximately six million people in the UK with some sort of Irish heritage. Perhaps this has something to do with it?

13 minutes ago, I am Partacus said:

There are approximately six million people in the UK with some sort of Irish heritage. Perhaps this has something to do with it?

Perhaps it does, but there are countries all over the planet with populations with ties to other countries. Like @topcat(The most tip top) says, why on earth are (mostly English) TV presenters getting all worked up and treating Ireland like a home nation when Ireland play France? There are far more people in the UK descended from French people (Normans) than there are Irish, yet France don't get the same treatment.

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

Perhaps it does, but there are countries all over the planet with populations with ties to other countries. Like @topcat(The most tip top) says, why on earth are (mostly English) TV presenters getting all worked up and treating Ireland like a home nation when Ireland play France? There are far more people in the UK descended from French people (Normans) than there are Irish, yet France don't get the same treatment.

Aye ok. I'm forever hearing people in Scotland going on about their Norman lineage! Maybe, just maybe, it's a TV channel trying to relate to their potential audience and no more than that.

4 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

That's not what I said

I was just pedantically sharing a bit of legal trivia.

I don't much care for either Ireland but to be honest I'm more annoyed at them supporting England.

On 06/06/2020 at 12:05, Highland Capital said:

(Apart from after they played Colombia)

On 06/06/2020 at 13:55, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

*Columbia

On 06/06/2020 at 21:19, Highland Capital said:

* Colombia

People who refer to the Colombian national team as Columbia, not Colombia.

People who make a big deal over the shirt manufacturer - particularly when it's not even their own team.  Caley Thistle had Errea for years and when we punted them ended up regretting it and going back to them.  As long as the shirt looks good and the stuff is decent quality I don't really care if it's made by Adidas or if it's made by Lotto.  A lot of the time clubs with the bigger brands are just buying a load of blank stock en masse and adding the badge and sponsor themselves.

Edited by Highland Capital

When there are 3 minutes added on and the ref cant wait to blow on exactly 3 minutes as if there couldnt be 3 and a half minutes of injury time. The other side of that is that if he does add 3 and a half minutes the fans dont understand that it's a minimum of 3 minutes.

I don't so much hate this because it's more I find it quite funny but people who cry at the football.  It's only a game!  If you're taking it as seriously as that maybe you need to rethink what you prioritise in life.

Edited by Highland Capital