What are the things you hate regarding fitba?

Following my team, I don't like everything that goes with a match day. I absolutely loathe travelling to the likes of Inverness, Dingwall and Arbroath twice every season in the league and very often in cups too.

This will shock some diehards, I hate to drink alcohol pre or post match, it's just not my bag. Another irk for me is the gambling aspect, I just don't fancy a punt on fitba or horses.

Finally, clubs that don't print match day programmes simply just piss me off. No memorabilia makes it a non visit for me.

What are your pet hates from supporting your club?

1 hour ago, Bluenortherner said:

Following my team, I don't like everything that goes with a match day. I absolutely loathe travelling to the likes of Inverness, Dingwall and Arbroath twice every season in the league and very often in cups too.

This will shock some diehards, I hate to drink alcohol pre or post match, it's just not my bag. Another irk for me is the gambling aspect, I just don't fancy a punt on fitba or horses.

Finally, clubs that don't print match day programmes simply just piss me off. No memorabilia makes it a non visit for me.

^^^

Lady_Whiteadder.jpg

I don’t like going to distant away grounds either

So I don’t

Maybe the same solution could work for you

Folk that blame the ref for everything. Sometimes yes they make a difference but good teams overcome it.

People who slag off their own players constantly.

Overpriced games.

Teams who foul all the time. This is probably the only time I go mad at the ref when they can’t stop it.

Racists, bigots or homophobic stuff.

3 hours ago, Bluenortherner said:

I’m fully in agreement with regards to drinking before a game, the main reason being that famous Trainspotting quote: “It’s shite being Scottish!” 

I always find that because we’re not allowed to drink at grounds in Scotland, if you have a couple beforehand your head is absolutely bursting before it’s even half time and lingers the rest of the match until you get back to the boozer.

Far better in the likes of Germany where you can have a drink or five during the game and the beer is also glorious.

Edited by 8MileBU

1 hour ago, highlandcowden said:

unfortunately that includes every senior game in scotland

Correction: every SPFL game. Plenty of decently priced games in the HL/LL and below.

2 hours ago, Marten said:

Correction: every SPFL game. Plenty of decently priced games in the HL/LL and below.

some clubs aren't giving change from a tenner in the HFL-that's appalling imo.the standard £9 is way too much for the level of football and facilities

honourable mentions to clach,strathspey and lossie who charge below that standard price

Edited by highlandcowden

1 hour ago, Dele said:

People who take the game too seriously. 

People who go out of their way to make stewards/kiosk/polices jobs more difficult than they have to be. Shitehouse behaviour. 

I normally find if stewards treat the supporters with common sense and actually know what football supports are like, they gain the same trust and respect from supporters and thus fans tend to self police. Treat fans like animals and they will get shite back. Half of them probably never went to a football game before they got the job, which mystifies me.

I had two stewards at Forfar literally sprint towards me as I sat up on the metal bar behind the goal (a whole 4 foot from the ground) so I could tie my shoe lace. You’d have thought I had set off a smoke bomb. 

1 hour ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

I normally find if stewards treat the supporters with common sense and actually know what football supports are like, they gain the same trust and respect from supporters and thus fans tend to self police. Treat fans like animals and they will get shite back. Half of them probably never went to a football game before they got the job, which mystifies me.

I had two stewards at Forfar literally sprint towards me as I sat up on the metal bar behind the goal (a whole 4 foot from the ground) so I could tie my shoe lace. You’d have thought I had set off a smoke bomb. 

What I've highlighted is part of the problem. They treat people like shite because they've had fans in the past act like arseholes. They then treat people like arseholes. Who because of this, act like arseholes. 

The buck stops with fans. If they behave, constantly, the standard of stewarding would improve IMO. 

Edited by Dele

Divers and cheats. The slightest touch from an opponent and these fit professionals are down like a sack of spuds, arms in the air appealing to the ref for a pen or a free kick just outside the box. The higher the level, the worse it gets. Blatant cheating that makes a mockery of a 'competitive' game.

Edited by bairney

23 minutes ago, bairney said:

Divers and cheats. The slightest touch from an opponent and these fit professionals are down like a sack of spuds, arms in the air appealing to the ref for a pen or a free kick just outside the box. The higher the level, the worse it gets. Blatant cheating that makes a mockery of a 'competitive' game.

I've never really understood people who complain about folk diving and cheating. Players steal throw ins/corners etc all game and that seen as funny when they're (wrongly) awarded. 

30 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Fans who constantly refer to footballers only by their first names.  Particularly if they don't know them personally.

"Great pass Dave."

He's a good player that Dave lad.