Premiership Young Team of the Season

Not the Young Letham Team type of nomination obviously before someone comes out with it.  The best young players by position that have played in a reasonable number of top flight games this season (double figures ish?).

Im not pre-empting anything here, but step aside as the youthful St Johnstone juggernaut comes hurtling into town...

Goalkeeper: Luke Southwood (Accies) - have any other goalkeepers 23 or younger played many games this season?

RB: Jeremie Frimpong (Celtic) looks like a great signing

CB: Jason Kerr (St Johnstone) shaky start but since being reunited with Liam Gordon has looked back on top form

CB: Liam Gordon (St Johnstone) Came back in and had a big influence in steadying a shaky defence. Since December, Saints have had one of the best defensive records in the league

LB: Aaron Hickey (Hearts) One of the better players in a dugshite Hearts team having to play out of position here, but playing for the worst team in the league he should be happy he's even close to the squad. If Greg Taylor had played more matches he would have got the nod probably

RM: Cammy McPherson (st Mirren) really impressed anytime I've seen him. Think he also plays centrally but saw him wide right at Perth

CM: Alan Campbell (Motherwell) Think of him as much older, probably a compliment

CM: Ali McCann (St Johnstone) The player you build your team around. Incredible composure, always able to find a pass, very determined, has great technique and even added goals to his repetoire

LM: Lewis Ferguson (Aberdeen) Having to be punted out wide to accommodate the two central players

Striker: Odsonne Edouard (Celtic) Brilliant finisher, great ability.

Striker: Callum Hendry (St Johnstone) incredible drive and determination, real confidence and swagger, good in the air, physical, athletic, good ability. A young Alan Shearer in the making

Subs:

K Ajer (Celtic) Unlucky not to be picked. Would have been selected in a three centre back formation (if Jamie McCart was injured)

Scott McKenna (Aberdeen) bit of a carthorse

Greg Taylor (Celtic) more game time would have seen him in the team 

Connor McLennan (Aberdeen)

Aribo (Rangers) I often think he looks mince then he does something really good in a game. Not reliable enough to get in the starting eleven though

Katic (Rangers) I'm probably thinking of Barisic, not sure Katic is a contender here.

Mikey Johnston (Celtic)

Alfredo Morelos (Rangers) On his day absolutely devastating, but a lack of discipline and a poor second half of the season sees him carrying the kit hamper 

14 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Goalkeeper: Luke Southwood (Accies) - have any other goalkeepers 23 or younger played many games this season?

Matija Sarkic who was on loan at Livi in the first half of the season would qualify and looked much better than Southwood

3 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

Does 23 qualify, Ross Stewart had scored 11 goals for Ross County before injury in December, despite being played on the left wing for many games this season. 

I think young player of the season is 23 and under so I think he would.

You think he's been better than Edouard?

21 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I think young player of the season is 23 and under so I think he would.

You think he's been better than Edouard?

23 at what point in the season? Lyndon Dykes only turned 24 in October would he qualify? If so he'd surely be in the team

Edited by Cptn Hooch

4 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Disagree, Southwood has been here and excellent all season Sarkic got binned for McCrorie in January.

^^^THIS^^^

17 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Disagree, Southwood has been here and excellent all season Sarkic got binned for McCrorie in January.

12 minutes ago, G51 Red said:

^^^THIS^^^

Sarkic was recalled by Villa against Livi's wishes...hardly binned. I'm sure most, if not all, Livi fans would have Sarkic back in a heartbeat

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

He's had a good season, but you think he's better than Edouard?

Perhaps not but I'd reckon he gets in the team ahead of Hendry. Can't disagree with most of your team other than I'd have:

Sarkic ahead of Southwood

Dykes ahead of Hendry

Ferguson in the middle instead of McCann

Ross Stewart on the left flank

Edited by Cptn Hooch

23 or under on their first appearance of the season I think?
I can't find any confirmation, but The Scotsman's article talking about this season's YPotY candidates says that they must be 21 or under at the start of the season.

So to Matija Sarkic: