Sevco and their fans suffer humiliating dossier defeat

So if it turns out that Rangers are at it, which they probably are. Can the SPFL take action against them? I’m thinking a points deduction? A monetary penalty won’t affect them really.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Not a strong argument!

Maybe it is real, but it looks so fake. It's poorly written and terribly punctuated, and the overall presentation is amateur.

Wait, so you actually believe it's fake? Honestly thought you were just trolling.

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Not a strong argument!

Maybe it is real, but it looks so fake. It's poorly written and terribly punctuated, and the overall presentation is amateur.

Almost all of the press releases by SPFL clubs since the Covid-19 fuss started have been riddled with grammar and punctuation errors, not to mention mis-use of vocabulary by club employees trying to give the impression of gravity and professionalism.

A mate of mine who does linguistics work for advertising companies has actually offered to help a few of the clubs come across as more professional by proof-reading their press releases. No bites so far.

Edited by JTS98

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Not a strong argument!

I think it was an SPFL insider quote to a Clyde SSB journo who tweeted it.

Its not on the SPFL twitter or news.

Clearly they need their lawyers to trash it first.

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

Almost all of the press releases by SPFL clubs since the Covid-19 fuss started have been riddled with grammar and punctuation errors, not to mention mis-use of vocabulary by club employees trying to give the impression of gravity and professionalism.

Maybe they are dumbing down for the zombies to understand it.

Guest JTS98
3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

So if it turns out that Rangers are at it, which they probably are. Can the SPFL take action against them? I’m thinking a points deduction? A monetary penalty won’t affect them really.

I don't think they'd view that as wise. I think just move on.

1 minute ago, Pet Jeden said:

Nice that you are so trusting.

Can I interest you in buying some 100% safe investment bonds yielding 30% pa?

No. 

Can I interest you in a road map of the Scottish championship?

Edited by Bohemian

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Technically? No. The analogy would be punishing a whistleblower and while we all think Rangers are blowing something, you would never want a situation where people cannot raise complaints. I guess this is why they have tried to force through the EGM.

If, however, Rangers are guilty of defamation (and that's a messy job at the best of times, not least in Scottish law) then that's a different matter and perhaps why the document was delayed to ensure they were just on the line without crossing it.

Edited by Ric
typos!

2 minutes ago, aDONisSheep said:

Also, big documents would be split into logical chunks and reviewed by several people.

Assuming that Brand rangers FC have given the document some structure, 200 pages wouldn't take long at all.

95% of it is probably C+P'd from the SPFL articles and maybe some legal texts. And a timeline of perceived slights. 

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Maybe they are dumbing down for the zombies to understand it.

Pretty much all clubs, to be fair.

Shockingly low standards. Very unprofessional.

Top Scottish fitba.

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Not a strong argument!

You're talking about public relations in Scottish football, an industry that hired Jim 'concomitant' Traynor for years in multiple capacities, and where the whole world was exposed to Ann Budge's unfiltered, unedited, rambling, geriatric prose style.

The SPFL statement is pretty much gold standard by comparison.

Edited by Aim Here
Ironically had to edit the word 'unedited'

Just now, Pet Jeden said:

Who is "we"?

The SPFL in that specific made up scenario.

They made accusations against the legal advisor and a guy from a legal background. It’s not exactly a huge jump to imagine they had a team of friends/colleagues to read a few pages each and give a quick overview. Getting a statement like that out so quickly is exactly what you would expect if there is nothing to it.

7 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Wait, so you actually believe it's fake? Honestly thought you were just trolling.

Yes, due to how shitly written it is and how poor it looks overall, but now I'm doubting that and have perhaps given fsr too much credit to the SPFL here.

7 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

A mate of mine who does linguistics work for advertising companies has actually offered to help a few of the clubs come across as more professional by proof-reading their press releases. No bites so far.

Aye, I'm always amazed that official channels of so many clubs, brands, companies etc put out such badly written garbage. Personally I feel it reflects badly on them and their product(s). 

6 minutes ago, Green Day said:

I think it was an SPFL insider quote to a Clyde SSB journo who tweeted it.

Its not on the SPFL twitter or news.

Clearly they need their lawyers to trash it first.

Odd that it isn't posted on their site or social media.

Edited by DA Baracus