Sevco and their fans suffer humiliating dossier defeat

Without knowing anything about the tv deal or tv deals in general.youd think with the covid situation, sky etc wouldnt ask for any cash back.football is everything to skysports and if clubs went under because of them they be run to the hills by fans with pitchforks.

Football makes them rich, think they know to look after it when its in trouble.

Edited by Sparticus

4 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

As a Thistle fan can I please ask that you never lump us in with the **** and ***-lites ever again.

The whole situation is shit and there is no "good" solution only a least worst as you say. It's obviously a kick to the baws for us since we were only 2pts behind with a game in hand.  But obviously some teams had to lose out regardless of the outcome, its just unfortunate that currently falls on us, Hearts and Stranraer.

The most important thing through all this is that we come out the otherwise with 42* senior clubs and as many Highland/Lowland teams as possible. 

I don't think I'd be so relaxed about it if it were my team 2 points behind with a game in hand and matches still to play.

8 hours ago, Illgresi said:

While I'm not necessarily disagreeing with the notion that the league can't be finished, I'm not so sure that we can say "there is no way to finish the league", without at least having a go at exploring options. Now I'll caveat this by saying I'm not pretending to know how much it'll cost etc, and the risk is only mitigated, not nullified. You could run it like a mini world cup.

1. Ask all the teams to name a 23 player squad.
  2. Pick a stadium (or two); it'll need to be somewhere with at least 12 hotels nearby, and preferrably in a centre of low population.
    1. Think Glasgow or Edinburgh, with the games played at Broadwood or Almondvale for example
    2. Each squad would need to be confined to the same hotel for the full duration. I'm sure the hotels would be delighted to receive any income, so would be more than happy to negotiate favourable rates.
  3. Play 2 or 3 games per day.
    1. 48 games are played in the WC group stages in 2 weeks
    2. We have 49 games remaining albeit spread amongst more clubs differently, meaning it would take longer to allow teams rest.
  4. Try to acheive a deal with Sky and BT to televise/stream every game.
    1. All at the one or two stadiums, so reduced setting up costs.
    2. Ask the fans to contribute...say ST holders £5 per game, and non-ST holders £10.

Now, I'm not suggesting this is the only possible option, or even that it doesn't have holes in it which are pokeable. But it's taken me 10 minutes to come up with this, and I'm sure a viable option could be found if all of Scottish football really wanted to.

I've seen this type of thing suggested by others elswhere, but as you've said there are holes. My take on these type of suggestions are

Who looks after the hotels?

If the players are having to isolate away from their families etc for however long this takes to keep them "free" from infection who runs the hotels? Who does the cleaning the cooking the maintenance etc.? Because under this idea (and others of a similar type) you would need to have all the staff isolate in the hotel too. If they weren't doing so then they would be a major fly in the ointment of isolating the players as every member of staff going home could be a source of infection that could then spread like wildfire through the hotel population. This has been seen many times before. So unless every member of staff isolates in the hotel away from their home and families, in some case possibly having to bring their family in as well as they may be sole carers, the isolation is pointless. Massive extra costs in testing, extra compensation payments to staff etc.

Not just players, but all club staff required by the team.

Every member of staff, from manager, coaches, club doctor, physio(s), kitman, coach driver(if employed by club) amongst others.

SFA Officials.

All referees and asst refs would need to do the same. As refs etc have day jobs, not all my be sitting at home, and may not be able to isolate in a hotel and employer possibly wouldn't allow them to do that nor would all of them be able to "their jobs remotely". Would they be willing to isolate away from family and home for that long?

There are other issues I see straight away with these types of ideas, but most of them could be worked around, its just in all of them it is talked about is players. They are just a percentage of the people that would have to be affected in the above idea, the majority of the rest would probably tell those putting the idea to isolate away from family, be unable to leave family unattendd etc for umpteen weeks to f**k right off, for want of a phrase. I know I would in that situation.

Edited by Tannadeechee

30 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

Without knowing anything about the tv deal or tv deals in general.youd think with the covid situation, sky etc wouldnt ask for any cash back.football is everything to skysports and if clubs went under because of them they be run to the hills by fans with pitchforks.

Scottish football is just a makeweight for the big companies, they'd find another league to show to pad out the space between games from the greatest league in the world.

I think the idea of sacking off the last 8 games would always have started with the idea that we can go back to 'normal' for the new season starting in August or September or even October.

I think that was the consensus about 4-6 weeks ago.

Now that it's became clear that next season will be starting behind closed doors there is a strong argument to put these 8 matches back on the radar as there is no increased hassle etc versus the August (or in fact September as they are now) plans.

There is no huge rush if adhering to Uefa September start

43 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

Maybe. But SKY & BT aren't charities, they'll recover losses somehow, probably by adjusting detail of the agreements in the future. More games, dafter kick off times and days, less money.

It's probably a positive just now that Scottish football is a schedule filler for SKY and not in their immediate priorities.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

7 hours ago, ropy said:

Where did you get this from, was Brechin’s payout not about £3k?

Hes copied them from that Daily Record article that came out weeks ago, which was acknowledged as being shite after about half an hour of going up. Incredible what that fanbase will believe.

Presumably Rangers fans have been so far up their clubs arse they havent realised it was shite they were eating all along, and that's now all they can spew out.

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Maybe. But SKY & BY aren't charities, they'll recover losses somehow, probably by adjusting detail of the agreements in the future. More games, dafter kick off times and days, less money.

It's probably a positive just now that Scottish football is a schedule filler for SKY and not in their immediate priorities.

Our value to them is negligible, where their value to us is far greater. It’s a strange relationship that generally has them with all the leverage but right now they simply won’t give a f**k about the value of that contract and it has us in something approaching as much a position of strength with them as we have had in a long time.

Edited by Ross.

Rangers release a statement introducing the topic of bullying to the whole saga, their dossier is to centre around this topic. They release the dossier showing nothing of the kind then tweet again reintroducing the idea of bullying. Only for Rangers to then claim they never mentioned bullying or the word bully in any form. Peak Rangers.
If anything good can come from this it is that any matters are put to the 41 member clubs going forward. Rangers membership stripped. Stranraer & Hearts on a sticking wicket for having the temerity to support a club which has shown to have no credibility over the years. Time Doncaster grew a set wielding some of that power his role brings by hammering Rangers, some might call it bullying.

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

Our value to them is negligible, where their value to us is far greater. It’s a strange relationship that generally has them with all the leverage but right now they simply won’t give a f**k and it has us in something approaching as much a position of strength with them as we have had in a long time.

The best tactic just now would be end the season as quietly as possible and hope they forget about us.

27 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

When did that become clear?

Well, there was a suggestion in the '5 steps to recovery' article yesterday that it would be 'at least October' before fans were considered to be allowed into grounds 'dahn South'. And we're being more cautious up here than they are down there.

I'm loathe to link the Heil but it does give a road map of sorts.

We'll either not be playing until whenever or it will be behind closed doors.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8296487/Boris-Johnsons-Covid-19-lockdown-exit-plan-explained-full.html

When is the meeting to agree this amazing expose? Was it moved from next Tuesday?

Given my own mob are being implicated in some wrongdoing i'd quite like to hear something from them before then. Also from Dundee and ICT as they seem to be the real 'victims' here and then needed nice, caring Rangers to be the big brother we all need and raise the issue on their behalf.

I've not heard the radio interview with the MD last night but I've seen enough feedback from it to know it was another spectacular own goal. Haven't they learned that you can't just run about accusing and finger pointing and expect no comeback. I understand that the SPFL must now be in a difficult position as any action against a member club is effectively taking action against themselves, but they cannot allow this just to slide...

1 minute ago, cmontheloknow said:

Well, there was a suggestion in the '5 steps to recovery' article yesterday that it would be 'at least October' before fans were considered to be allowed into grounds 'dahn South'. And we're being more cautious up here than they are down there.

I'm loathe to link the Heil but it does give a road map of sorts.

We'll either not be playing until whenever or it will be behind closed doors.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8296487/Boris-Johnsons-Covid-19-lockdown-exit-plan-explained-full.html

@d31 seemed more definite that the season would start. There still seems to be a lot of its and bits to be considered. I'm not even sure the top tier in Scotland can do closed door games. Some would need to go, temporarily and virtually, amateur to get the finances to stack up.

1 hour ago, Sparticus said:

I don’t think Scottish football makes them rich, they might do ok out of the weegie twins , but that’s about it.  If they went under sky wouldn’t notice 

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

@d31 seemed more definite that the season would start. There still seems to be a lot of its and bits to be considered. I'm not even sure the top tier in Scotland can do closed door games. Some would need to go, temporarily and virtually, amateur to get the finances to stack up.

I think we're a long way from playing. Certainly no chance of packed houses of football-starved punters in August as some might wish to believe. If we see a ball kicked this calendar year I'd be surprised! Non-league clubs announcing new signings etc...  one such is 41 and might be retired by the time football at semi-pro level starts again!

Edited by cmontheloknow

Couple of things relating to recent posts:

Re: TV money - folk might not be aware that Virgin will remove Sky Sports from your bill if you ask them (but you can still watch the sports channels)

Re: MD - what did yon 'Rangers' MD say on the radio?

What a thread. 

I've skimmed much of it, however I think the general gist appears to be:

1. The ***s explosive dossier contains next to f**k all evidence
  2. There are still absolute zoomers who think this season can be played out
  3. Pet Jeden is an absolute moron with the most appropriate first part of a username ever. 

I think that about covers it.