Sevco and their fans suffer humiliating dossier defeat

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The Scottish cup could be played at hampden in a controlled environment but probably not until January.
Players or government could pay for testing but went I heard the Doc on sportsound I started to hear the mission impossible music.

The Scottish Cup will be played, it might be in 2023, but it will be played.

8 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Even if you assume they have enough players that are willing to play it is still completely unaffordable.

The clubs would be spending a fortune on player wages, hotel accommodation and covid testing kits.

All pie in the sky stuff for our nation and won't be happening. 

The penny will drop soon enough for anyone clinging on to the fanciful hope that our season will somehow get finished. 

43 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

We're asking footballers on a few hundred quid a week to spend several weeks away from their families to play matches while the rest of the country is still socially distancing, without any guarantee that their opposition are disease free?

Quite the valid point. My suggestion hinges on the players agreeing to this. If all are asked to completely socially isolate for a week beforehand, then the risk any other footballer is ill is massively reduced. To then stay away from their family for 2 weeks to play football...to me that sounds fucking fantastic.

Edit:

Let me just reiterate, my post there wasn't necessarily a suggestion I think should happen. It's merely an example that the league could be finished. I'm not overtly proposing that this is the way forward.

Edited by Illgresi

3 minutes ago, John E. Comelately said:

It is absolutely incredible to see this forum hold Neil Doncaster on a pedestal as a model of integrity and business acumen.

Absolutely incredible.

Only Rangers could have put him there.

Guest JTS98
5 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

I'm sure this has been pointed out already but: * "their".

Has indeed. Noted. Mortified.

Robertson chickened out of the SPFL board meeting today after making himself look like a complete arse. You couldn't make this shite up.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-md-stewart-robertson-ducks-21993218?fbclid=IwAR2eaSvIXDZoFHJfsWjdsHhxToFA3UC9AfwwBAK1om8-VICQXQhAGfWJqso

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Quite the valid point. My suggestion hinges on the players agreeing to this. If all are asked to completely socially isolate for a week beforehand, then the risk any other footballer is ill is massively reduced. To then stay away from their family for 2 weeks to play football...to me that sounds fucking fantastic.

Edit:

Let me just reiterate, my post there wasn't necessarily a suggestion I think should happen. It's merely an example that the league could be finished. I'm not overtly proposing that this is the way forward.
You are expecting teams to play 8 or 9 games in 2 weeks?

31 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:
1 hour ago, Illgresi said:

Edit:

You are expecting teams to play 8 or 9 games in 2 weeks?

f**k sake...I couldn't have made this more apparent if I tried...

It was an example of how the league could be played out, in the face of multiple people saying it absolutely cannot. Here's a quote from my own post: "We have 49 games remaining albeit spread amongst more clubs differently, meaning it would take longer to allow teams rest. "

So over, let's say the month of July, we absolutely could finish all the games.

Edit:

Closed door games in countries outside the big 4/5 leagues in UEFA is absolute fantasy island. Clubs are already at major risk of financial meltdown down and you want them to not release out of contract players but instead to pay them an extra few weeks salary plus pay for weeks of hotel accommodation for them and play without being tested (SPFA would say no chance) Sky and BT would give us zero cash as they’ve already paid for the season. So clubs would have to lose money paying full wages to play the games with no TV money and no gate money right before potentially not having any income until 2021. You might as well have the administrators on stand by as they’d be needed by June.

2 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Closed door games in countries outside the big 4/5 leagues in UEFA is absolute fantasy island. Clubs are already at major risk of financial meltdown down and you want them to not release out of contract players but instead to pay them an extra few weeks salary plus pay for weeks of hotel accommodation for them and play without being tested (SPFA would say no chance) Sky and BT would give us zero cash as they’ve already paid for the season. So clubs would have to lose money paying full wages to play the games with no TV money and no gate money right before potentially not having any income until 2021. You might as well have the administrators on stand by as they’d be needed by June.

Well apparently there's £10m that may not be getting paid...

I would imagine the majority of those players are attempting to move elsewhere, and thus the clubs will be happy to keep them for another month or so.

As I said, we could ask for fans to pay to watch the games streamed. Split the cash evenly.

You do realise, that TV deals are agreed before the season begins, and aren't paid on a game by game basis? Also, the vast majority of a top league club's income is via season tickets (already paid)...

17 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

The SPFL Board came to a conclusion as to the best course of action (in their opinion, if that really needs to be stated) and then asked their membership to support that proposal. Absolutely standard practice. This isn't some neutral oversight committee - these guys are actively trying to manage the organisation. It would be utterly bizarre if they came up with a preferred option but then sat back and "but, y'know, whatever - you guys just do what you like".

The bit in bold: what's the conspiracy theory? There doesn't seem to be any appetite to void the season and there is no possibility of completing the season. There doesn't really seem to be any argument about the outcome (aside from Hearts, Partick and Rangers - all for very obvious reasons). If there's a clear cut best (least worst) outcome, which allows clubs to move on and plan for the future, why on Earth wouldn't you push for it?

As a Thistle fan can I please ask that you never lump us in with the **** and ***-lites ever again.

The whole situation is shit and there is no "good" solution only a least worst as you say. It's obviously a kick to the baws for us since we were only 2pts behind with a game in hand.  But obviously some teams had to lose out regardless of the outcome, its just unfortunate that currently falls on us, Hearts and Stranraer.

The most important thing through all this is that we come out the otherside with 42* senior clubs and as many Highland/Lowland teams as possible. 

Edited by Jacky1990

Guest DAVIDB69

Well the likes of turkey, Czech Republic, Denmark , Poland, Austria to name but a few are all going to manage it and I doubt they have huge tv deals .

Just because we are going to fail badly with no government support , there seems to be an assumption that other lesser leagues are all in the same boat they aren’t

I can see UEFA getting involved in this shambles eventually and I do think our clubs could end up being excluded from European competition , if we have no plan of action,

2 hours ago, John E. Comelately said:

It is absolutely incredible to see this forum hold Neil Doncaster on a pedestal as a model of integrity and business acumen.

Absolutely incredible.

Eh? Where?

And I want actual evidence mind,  none of this hearsay hypotheticals that seem to be all the rage.

6 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Sometimes bennett can be quite subtle...

It's only subtle is you are a thicko and don't realise how obvious it is.

Edited by Romeo

10 hours ago, St3vie said:

I'd have made the decision to the end the league's if and when it was appropriate to do so

....and if I was the SPFL, I would have paid out the bottom level of prize money to every club in each league in advance, to help tide them over, and buy time for all the clubs to come to some sort of agreement

This is exactly what they did. They had already paid out the money based on the bottom position in all leagues, except for those that could finish no lower than 6th in Premiership who got payment equal to 6th. This was done in March and reported in ALL good (and not so good) news outlets.

This vote was to allow the rest of the money to be paid out. Money which is dependent on finishing position. It was also to call the Championship down which financially WAS required by many clubs. It was also to get agreement to call the Premiership if necessary NOT to call it there and then.

We are into May & I find it astonishing that alleged football fans, by definition those who follow football news, and football forums where football news is discussed, STILL don't get that.

Edited by Tannadeechee

6 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

Even if you assume they have enough players that are willing to play it is still completely unaffordable.

The clubs would be spending a fortune on player wages, hotel accommodation and covid testing kits.

They'd probably get a good deal on rates as hotels will be glad of the business...:whistle