Sevco and their fans suffer humiliating dossier defeat

If you don't want to click on the Sun website, here's an apparent rundown:

• Gers accuse chief executive Neil Doncaster of holding back key information from clubs and being ‘the guiding hand’ who determined the league’s actions.

• They claim the SPFL could be liable for up to £10million in refunds to broadcasters by ending the season prematurely.

• Gers say Doncaster suggested the SPFL handed over a sponsorship deal to Sky Sports which was significantly below the league’s market value.

• They question why SPFL lawyer Rod McKenzie issued four ‘cease and desist’ requests to Ibrox chairman Douglas Park - insisting he blocked their bid for a new resolution.

• They query a letter sent to UEFA outlining how Scotland’s clubs wanted the season over before any vote had taken place.

• And they insist there are still unanswered questions on why Dundee performed a voting U-turn.

Tom English doesn't like admitting he's wrong and that's always been his problem. I don't think he's a bad journalist, but this has been a shambles on his part. 

He's backed himself into a corner and started digging a hole he can't get out of. 

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, harry94 said:

He is a moron though. His whole game is to just be anti-establishment rather than actually provide any critical thinking. He gets by because, often, his stance is applicable for certain situations and mostly people want to hear simplified realities that play to their biases (i.e. everything in Scottish Football is a disaster and we're the worst at anything and it's because a cartel have fixed the referees and won't let us play in a infinitely big league with free beer, £5 tickets, reserve football and s-forms).

I think the opposite. I think over the years he's displayed a far more nuanced approach to covering Scottish football than most.

His coverage of the various scandals around Rangers has been interesting, even if I don't always agree with him. He's certainly less dogmatic than many we are subjected to.

On certain issues some people get a blind spot. I generally like Michael Stewart's work, for example, but found his coverage of Craig Levein as Hearts manager to be very annoying, even though I agreed with him.

You might disagree with English on this issue, but I think we'd be better off if more of the journalists covering Scottish football were like him.

• Gers accuse chief executive Neil Doncaster of holding back key information from clubs and being ‘the guiding hand’ who determined the league’s actions.

• They claim the SPFL could be liable for up to £10million in refunds to broadcasters by ending the season prematurely.

• Gers say Doncaster suggested the SPFL handed over a sponsorship deal to Sky Sports which was significantly below the league’s market value.

• They question why SPFL lawyer Rod McKenzie issued four ‘cease and desist’ requests to Ibrox chairman Douglas Park - insisting he blocked their bid for a new resolution.

• They query a letter sent to UEFA outlining how Scotland’s clubs wanted the season over before any vote had taken place.

• And they insist there are still unanswered questions on why Dundee performed a voting U-turn.

So, nothing new and nothing that wasn't already know then?

Minter.

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

I think the opposite. I think over the years he's displayed a far more nuanced approach to covering Scottish football than most.

His coverage of the various scandals around Rangers has been interesting, even if I don't always agree with him. He's certainly less dogmatic than many we are subjected to.

On certain issues some people get a blind spot. I generally like Michael Stewart's work, for example, but found his coverage of Craig Levein as Hearts manager to be very annoying, even though I agreed with him.

You might disagree with English on this issue, but I think we'd be better off if more of the journalists covering Scottish football were like him.

I think this incident has proven that's not the case tbh.

11 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I agree with the last bit but it will be because he has decided he cannot be fucked with the hassle anymore.

You have to admire his brazenness and teflon skin, the abuse he got over the death of Rangers saga was immense but he never batted an eyelid, swatted away Longmuir and got himself promoted. He won't move unless he gets offered a better paying job, which is unlikely.

6 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

So Doncaster is accused of suggesting stuff which presumably board members then voted for.

Incredible. Must be suspended immediately.

10 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

How the f**k did they stretch that to 200 pages?

Fannies

17 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

These are the charges, where is the evidence?  Is there an appendix?

• Gers accuse chief executive Neil Doncaster of holding back key information (what information - back up the accusations) from clubs and being ‘the guiding hand’ (that's his role) who determined the league’s actions.

• They claim the SPFL could be liable for up to £10million in refunds to broadcasters by ending the season prematurely. (...and...Doncaster said before he wouldn't go into commercials - i'd imagine some 'deal' would be reached but even then...'claim'? Again, back up the claim)

• Gers say Doncaster suggested the SPFL handed over a sponsorship deal to Sky Sports which was significantly below the league’s market value. (Some claim...but if Sky were a strategic partner and offered up more money/ benefits elsewhere then this is an approach that other companies would also use)

• They question why SPFL lawyer Rod McKenzie issued four ‘cease and desist’ requests to Ibrox chairman Douglas Park - insisting he blocked their bid for a new resolution. (if a cease and desist was issued four times then there must have been an issue with what and how Rangers were doing things/ approaching matters - maybe Rangers conduct here should be looked into?)

• They query a letter sent to UEFA outlining how Scotland’s clubs wanted the season over before any vote had taken place. (Based on feedback from clubs they probably were aware thats how it was going)

• And they insist there are still unanswered questions on why Dundee performed a voting U-turn (what questions specifically. If they don't believe Dundee's stance on this then they should be clear on what they want answered)

Still not seen anything about bullying and given that it was a key point in Rangers argument and also that they made personal claims of that type i'll be expecting Neil Doncaster to be looking at raising an action to opposite way...but then again, it may open another can off worms😄

Based on what I've seen this isn't anything other than an attempt to appease their fans that they 'tried' to do the right thing and overthrow the corrupt, biased league and prevent Celtic being 'given' 9 in a row. Those that believe that's how things work will believe the document/ accusation regardless of any evidence/ proof - those that don't won't.

I've said before but I would not be surprised if this was the groundwork for Rangers being able to blame all other parties for their failures should there be money issues in a month or two...

3 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

200 page dossier followed by a statement.. what a bunch of utter fannies 🤣

Nonono

A 200 page dossier followed by a belligerent slogan appended to a retweet of a month-old statement.

Edited by Aim Here