Sevco and their fans suffer humiliating dossier defeat

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Anyone vaguely neutral would agree he's made a total arse of himself over the last week or so.

Very few of them around on this issue.

4 minutes ago, Romeo said:
7 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:
HERE. WE. GO.

There is absolutely nothing new or concerning in that statement.

Yeah - it's a retweet of their statement from early April. More the fact they've retweeted it and said they won't be bullied that's absolutely hilarious.

Edited by Speroni*1

6 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

HERE. WE. GO.

All they are doing is playing up to their thick as f**k battle fever fanbase. Am I right in thinking it’s that orange order boy that’s taken over from Jim Traynor now?

Edited by Zing.

1 minute ago, Zing. said:

All they are doing is playing up to their thick as f**k battle fever fanbase. 

They may as well have written, 'No Surrender'.

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, Sparticus said:

Probably because there's no balance in his so called journalism.He's firmly off the fence siding with particular clubs of his choice.

Should someone in his position be doing that?

I don't think that's true.

I've heard him be fiercely critical of Rangers on some issues, while very positive about them on others. Same with Hearts.

I can't really remember much about what he's said about other clubs. I don't write it down. But he's always struck me as reasonably fair.

Like most pundits, you're going to agree with some stuff he says and disagree with some stuff. Disagreeing with him doesn't mean he's biased or that he's a moron. I think there are others far more deserving of such titles. He's definitely above average in terms of journalists working on Scottish football.

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

For me there are 3 scenarios here:

1) They have nothing, and are "at it".
2) They have something but it's got no chance in court so they are using it as a beating stick while not needing to act upon it.
3) They have something, and it could go to court but they are hoping it's enough for other clubs to look for the removal of Doncaster - thus avoiding the costs of doing so in court.

We can rule out that they have cast-iron evidence because if that was the case they would have already initiated court proceedings.

1 - I agree that rangers probably don't have anything new - that doesn't mean they're 'at it' - they obviously think they have a case.

2 - They probably have no chance in court.

3 - They probably don't have anything new, but feel there's already enough to push their case. 

6 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Aye, mibbe! :lol:

Short term, rangers won't win this - long term, I can't see Doncaster staying in the job for too much longer. 

I agree with the last bit but it will be because he has decided he cannot be fucked with the hassle anymore.

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

I've heard him be fiercely critical of Rangers on some issues, while very positive about them on others. Same with Hearts.

I can't really remember much about what he's said about other clubs. I don't write it down. But he's always struck me as reasonably fair.

Like most pundits, you're going to agree with some stuff he says and disagree with some stuff. Disagreeing with him doesn't mean he's biased or that he's a moron. I think there are others far more deserving of such titles. He's definitely above average in terms of journalists working on Scottish football.

You clearly didn't listen to the Sportsound episode from last week when he made a massive rip roaring c**t of himself.

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

You clearly didn't listen to the Sportsound episode from last week when he made a massive rip roaring c**t of himself.

I didn't hear it last week at all, no.

But he's been working in Scotland for years and I think has enough in the bank to not be dismissed on one radio performance.

And as you're a Dundee fan, could I speculate that he's perhaps been critical of your club recently?

2 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

1 - I agree that rangers probably don't have anything new - that doesn't mean they're 'at it' - they obviously think they have a case.

2 - They probably have no chance in court.

3 - They probably don't have anything new, but feel there's already enough to push their case. 

Probably the best "dossier" in the world sponsored by Carlsberg

4 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Maybe so but these have been hugely important issues and instead of just reporting facts he's been like an amateur detective for certain clubs.

Just now, JTS98 said:

I didn't hear it last week at all, no.

But he's been working in Scotland for years and I think has enough in the bank to not be dismissed on one radio performance.

And as you're a Dundee fan, could I speculate that he's perhaps been critical of your club recently?

Err... no. If someone consistently makes a fool of themself via their article and then on the radio, they deserve to be called out on the matter. Particularly when they are intent on doubling down at every possible opportunity.

Don't think he's mentioned Dundee at all as far as I can recall. But if you want to get into club partisan-ism, then it's fairly obvious why you're defending him.

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

He is a moron though. His whole game is to just be anti-establishment rather than actually provide any critical thinking. He gets by because, often, his stance is applicable for certain situations and mostly people want to hear simplified realities that play to their biases (i.e. everything in Scottish Football is a disaster and we're the worst at anything and it's because a cartel have fixed the referees and won't let us play in a infinitely big league with free beer, £5 tickets, reserve football and s-forms).

3 minutes ago, ALJAGS76 said:

Screenshot_20200507-124025_Chrome.jpg

Can't wait to see Rangers fans following in the footsteps of their suffragette forefathers (foremothers?) and going on a Bobby Sands-style hunger strike, and flinging themselves under the queen's favourite horse.

Edited by Aim Here

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, Speroni*1 said:

it's fairly obvious why you're defending him.

I've broadly defended his work for years. As I mentioned above, I think he's a pretty good journalist in the context of the Scottish football scene. Definitely above average.