Sevco and their fans suffer humiliating dossier defeat

SPFL tend to release their info to journalists first then update their website about 6 hours later. Truly bizarre why they've operated like that since this whole shambles started - Ensures that misinformation spreads like wildfire.

2 minutes ago, Ross. said:

The SPFL in that specific made up scenario.

They made accusations against the legal advisor and a guy from a legal background. It’s not exactly a huge jump to imagine they had a team of friends/colleagues to read a few pages each and give a quick overview. Getting a statement like that out so quickly is exactly what you would expect if there is nothing to it.

Still doesn't really explain why you would use the word "we", does it? 

3 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

You're talking about public relations in Scottish football, an industry that hired Jim 'concomitant' Traynor for years in multiple capacities, and where the whole world was exposed to Ann Budge's unfiltered, unedited, rambling, geriatric prose style.

.The SPFL statement is pretty much gold standard by comparison.

Aye, I just said in another post that I've been giving them too much credit!

Just now, Pet Jeden said:

Fairly obvious he was talking from a suspected SPFL viewpoint tbh.

Guest JTS98
3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye, I'm always amazed that official channels of so many clubs, brands, companies etc put out such badly written garbage. Personally I feel it reflects badly on them and their product(s).

I agree. I always think twice about a business when they're written material is poor.

Granted, I've worked in language-related jobs for most of my adult life so I'm biased, but I agree with you that it just comes across as unprofessional and makes me doubt them.

A lot of the statements from SPFL clubs in recent weeks have just made me assume they were written by idiots. Sometimes I find myself distracted from the message by the poor language. Surely a prerequisite for a job in PR is a good grasp of written and spoken communication?

2 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Because I forgot to use inverted commas either side of that sentence. Obviously.

Just now, paranoid android said:

So, how has Graham Spiers managed to get hold of a copy within a few hours of it being submitted? 

Signs are good that it will be leaked far and wide then.

14 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

So if it turns out that Rangers are at it, which they probably are. Can the SPFL take action against them? I’m thinking a points deduction? A monetary penalty won’t affect them really.

A monetary penalty would punish the company not the club douh !!!

Sometimes I wonder if folk have been keeping up :P

Tom English still hoping for the possibility that he hasn't been made to look a complete fool throughout this. Must be quadrupling down at this stage.