Sevco and their fans suffer humiliating dossier defeat

1 hour ago, rainbowrising said:

Take your pick. There are about 4 auditors in the UK with big enough operations that handle large accounts. Deloitte, KPMG and so on. If you think Deloitte today is a smoking gun for a club liquidated 12 years ago, on you go. You will lose.  Chasing ghosts 

Any of the top 10 and many outside it could comfortably audit the spfl. 

Just now, coprolite said:

Indeed, people grossly over estimate the size of football clubs. Every club in Scotland would be pretty small fry for a big 4 firm.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Even Follow Follow seem to be getting fed up of Ranger's shenanigans. No serious comeback to this post.

image.thumb.png.a13dbbd1f8cc816bf4b72066e81ee7ea.png

And on the subject of pipedreams, how about  "... allowing us to get our house in order for next campaign."?

16 minutes ago, coprolite said:

You will find companies fall back on the same firms. I have spent many occasions doing number crunching with the same firms over and over for years. Their turnover is colossal and are dominant firms.  Doesnt take much to join dots that arent there in Scottish football. It's a conspiracy!

2 hours ago, Bohemian said:

Rangers were liquidated and Sevco were shoehorned into the league system. HTH Vicky..

Yeah but in their reinvention of history, it was the company that went into liquidation and the club got demoted to the bottom tier. To everyone else, they went bust, started as a new club/team called The Rangers, and instead of having to apply to get into the SPFL like everyone else, they were shoehorned into it. And that was only after their attempts to coerce and bullshit their way into the top tier and 2nd tier failed miserably.

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah but in their reinvention of history, it was the company that went into liquidation and the club got demoted to the bottom tier. To everyone else, they went bust, started as a new club/team called The Rangers, and instead of having to apply to get into the SPFL like everyone else, they were shoehorned into it. And that was only after their attempts to coerce and bullshit their way into the top tier and 2nd tier failed miserably.

No one was shoehorned into the spfl.

Coercion attempts were also by spl clubs.

..and you're meant to be the 7th smartest PnB livi fan.

1 minute ago, bennett said:

No one was shoehorned into the spfl.

Coercion attempts were also by spl clubs.

..and you're meant to be the 7th smartest PnB livi fan.

You've prob brainwashed yourself into believing that, you poor wee deluded fool.

20 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

You've prob brainwashed yourself into believing that, you poor wee deluded fool.

I was convinced that it was the SFL but if you say that it was the spfl then I really should believe you. 

Don't want to appear deluded.

It's actually hilarious that grown men are so attached to a football team and its hideous identity, that they continually subvert and obscure categorical and indisputable fact. Rangers mark two were shoe horned into the league system. Why anyone would want to argue this fact is beyond psychological examination. So little going on in their life that they can't handle the fact that a football team they support  went into liquidation - its like the end of their existence. 

To be fair, the media and authorities haven't helped with their stance and constant sycophantic behaviour due to the size of the 'fan base'. 

21 minutes ago, bennett said:

I was convinced that it was the SFL but if you say that it was the spfl then I really should believe you. 

Don't want to appear deluded.

You were also convinced it was Rangers :P

(Tee-hee etc, whatever happened to the Bralt ?)

I very much doubt there will be anything seriously damaging in this 'dossier'. It could've been handled better than it was, and maybe i'm easily convinced, but I don't think there is any malicious intent. The early finish to the league to allow the handing out of monies without additional risk of payments/ loans to clubs which might not be able to repay them seemed a sensible approach.

I'm sure it was alluded by Doncaster that any loans/ payments to clubs are effectively from the clubs own prize money/ pot of cash - as such any default and the share of the cash falls.

We may get some sort of football back this calendar year but it's highly unlikely to be with crowds, as such any clubs who rely on 'x' amount of fans at each home game may have serious problems if this was the case till the year end. Every club is going to be affected, either now or in a few months and it might well lead a few to the wall. If the league had chucked loans and cash to those clubs and they were to then fold then i'm pretty sure folks would be after them for not being smart enough with the reserves....

Of course, if clubs provided full and audited accounts to prove their solvency when asking for cash then it may be a different matter.

Like everyone else i'll wait for the big reveal with baited breath and inevitably be disappointed with whatever happens.

1 hour ago, rainbowrising said:

You will find companies fall back on the same firms. I have spent many occasions doing number crunching with the same firms over and over for years. Their turnover is colossal and are dominant firms.  Doesnt take much to join dots that arent there in Scottish football. It's a conspiracy!

Even harder to join the dots when it’s different firms. 

I assume Deloitte were mentioned because they did the whitewash/investigation recently. The firm that audited the accounts that should have shown Gretna’s loan (according to Doncaster) was KPMG. SPFL’s last accounts were audited by Johnson Carmichael.

The spl 2008 accounts do say that loans were made but were all repaid by the year end. That is clearly inconsistent with Doncaster’s narrative.

If I was betting I’d say it was more likely that the accounts disclosure wasn’t strictly accurate than Doncaster was lying. 

Two odd things though. Doncaster joined the spl after the Gretna debacle. That Ewan Murray article keeps referring to the 2009 accounts, which would only have included the Gretna loan if it hadn’t been written off when they went tits up. No idea what to make of either of these.