The P&B Pantry

What milk do you buy?  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Not sure it’s a Creationist argument.  I reckon certain animals have evolved into (more suitable) food for other animals.  Also humans have played their part through animal husbandry.

certainly the case that some creatures have evolved to provide food for other species - ants, for instance, 'farm' and protect aphids, who excrete a sweet substance that the ants eat; not sure that evolving to specifically be a foodstuff themselves would pan out very well in the long run though; could be wrong - and maybe all turkeys are actively striving for the day that they reach 'peak twizzler' and the last of their kind is devoured - that's be a bit of a curate's egg of an evolutionary apex, mind... 

25 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Not sure it’s a Creationist argument.  I reckon certain animals have evolved into (more suitable) food for other animals.  Also humans have played their part through animal husbandry.

He said “put on Earth”.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I just like eating thing that used to have a face tbh. 

So not a creationist, but possibly a cannibal.

ETA Damn, beaten to it!

Edited by Granny Danger

Doesn't bacon give you cancer ?

There is some evidence that eating significant amounts of processed meat, like bacon, can increase the risk of some types of cancer, like colo-rectal cancer.

There is a statistics professor called David Spiegelhalter who wrote an interesting explanation of this risk and what the research showed. Take a group of 100 people - on average six of them will have colo rectal cancer at some point in their lives. Now, imagine the same group of people but assume that every day of their adult lives they eat three slices of bacon. Now, seven of the 100 will get colo-rectal cancer at some point in their lives.

The research was trailed as “bacon gives you cancer” because stories about ill health and cancer sell papers and get clicks.

I always have blue milk because that’s what we give our two year old. My wife is lactose intolerant so she has green lacto free milk and I’m not buying three different kinds of milk for a household of three. Besides, blue milk has more of the highly nutritious fats and proteins contained in milk and it tastes nicer.

My dad is the tallest person in our entire family (he’s 6’4”) and he attributes this to drinking whole, fresh unpasteurised milk when he and his daily lived in a farm when he was a toddler. I’ve always wanted to try raw, unpasteurised milk but I’m not sure it’s legal and is quite dangerous.

See all your veggie folk that say killing amimals is bad and it puts a strain on the environment. Well most of them have loads of pets. What do pets eat?
Theres hundreds of millions of animals that are doing the same and kept as non essential pets. Hypocritical maybe?

I love pets and animals, just saying. I'm sure pets consume more meat than entire countries put together.

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I always have blue milk because that’s what we give our two year old. My wife is lactose intolerant so she has green lacto free milk and I’m not buying three different kinds of milk for a household of three. Besides, blue milk has more of the highly nutritious fats and proteins contained in milk and it tastes nicer.

My dad is the tallest person in our entire family (he’s 6’4”) and he attributes this to drinking whole, fresh unpasteurised milk when he and his daily lived in a farm when he was a toddler. I’ve always wanted to try raw, unpasteurised milk but I’m not sure it’s legal and is quite dangerous.

I think the Sunday Post got the sale of unpasteurised milk banned in the 80s.

You can get a disease called brucellosis or something. 

54 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

See all your veggie folk that say killing amimals is bad and it puts a strain on the environment. Well most of them have loads of pets. What do pets eat?
Theres hundreds of millions of animals that are doing the same and kept as non essential pets. Hypocritical maybe?

I love pets and animals, just saying. I'm sure pets consume more meat than entire countries put together.

I'm sure some veggie types say dugs can be fed a vegetable only diet.

Cats would just f*ck off and find a carnivore's house.

Green milk. 

Wholemeal (seeded or standard) for sandwiches. The only white bread I purchase is Mother’s Pride, exclusively for toast.

Smoked bacon.

On 03/05/2020 at 19:08, bennett said:

I think it's only knighthood bear and one other poster who has a pantry, the rest of us have cupboards. 

We have what some call a ‘larder’ here in 8mile Manor. 

Edited by 8MileBU

Green, but would rather choose blue over red if necessary. 1%’s pretty good, but I’ve had trouble with it going off early in the past.

Brown. Had some lovely seeded stuff lately. Forced to get a loaf of Kingsmill White a few days ago, and it’s vile. I’ve spoiled myself.

Don’t care about bacon, happy with either. I prefer a bit of sausage in the morning.

Just now, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Green, but would rather choose blue over red if necessary. 1%’s pretty good, but I’ve had trouble with it going off early in the past.

Brown. Had some lovely seeded stuff lately. Forced to get a loaf of Kingsmill White a few days ago, and it’s vile. I’ve spoiled myself.

Don’t care about bacon, happy with either. I prefer a bit of sausage in the morning.

You’re just encouraging people on here aren’t you?

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

You’re just encouraging people on here aren’t you?

It’s taken you this long to notice?

I just love pictures of Kenneth Williams.