Free Game Watch

On 21/05/2020 at 16:22, Ric said:

You are right, but there is a bit of a caveat to this. The game must be priced (after any discount) at £14.99 or higher. I was tempted to pick up Witcher GOTY for £0.49 (it's priced on sale at £10.49) when I discovered the small print.

Ah, missed that. Well, fair enough, still a decent deal.

11 hours ago, Mr X said:

You saved yourself the tedium of playing Witcher, so every cloud and all that

I think he's referring to The Witcher III; you can get the original for buttons these days at the worst of times.

I played the first game with the original amusingly dodgy translation from Polish and weird bugs, before they released the Enhanced Edition to make up for it. Sadly, I think they dropped Helicopter Cat for the sequels.

12 hours ago, Mr X said:

You saved yourself the tedium of playing Witcher, so every cloud and all that

3 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I think he's referring to The Witcher III;

I absolutely am, sorry for the confusion. W3 GOTY is a good game and by all accounts a great story and has hours of gameplay. I dislike RPGs and 3PP games which puts the mockers on it but for £0.49 I'd have been tempted.

As for the £10 credit, not knocking it, just highlighting the small print.

2 hours ago, Mr X said:

Whats Borderlands like, in terms of gameplay? Is it open world RPG on more COD shooter?

Asking for a friend

More open world RPG. Got this free with PS+ a while back, enjoyed it a lot but stuck on main storyline because I can't find a corrosive weapon. 

On 28/05/2020 at 14:34, Boostin' Kev said:

More open world RPG. Got this free with PS+ a while back, enjoyed it a lot but stuck on main storyline because I can't find a corrosive weapon. 

Nah, it's on rails.  But still great fun.

Total Annihilation being given away for nowt at gog.com this weekend. Click on the timer at the top of the home page.

Late '90s real-time strategy game, IIRC. Got excellent reviews at the time. Could be wrong, but I think that's a genre that's died off a bit in recent years.

Epic Games will be giving away the new Total War game, Troy, for 24 hours after launch on the 13th of August.

Interesting strategy to get more users. I don't remember anyone trying that before. Hopefully they decide to try it again when Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines 2 launches  :whistle

Epic: have a brand-new game from a massive franchise for free.
Steam: here's a fifteen year old kids game that nobody's ever heard of. Just take it, please  :lol:

Churlish and entitled to complain about getting anything for nowt, but the difference in attitudes is amusing.

New on Epic Games - and free for a limited time - Samurai Shodown NeoGeo Collection. 2D one-on-one fighting series from the Nineties' most expensive home arcade machine. Supposed to be good, for people who like such things.

Also free on Epic Games until June 18th - Ark: Survival Evolved. Yahtzee did an amusing video on this one years ago.

You can get a free copy of The Witcher 3 on GOG if you already have it on another platform.

I only have the Xbox Game Pass version and that seems to have been enough to get me the free PC version.

https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009896837?product=gog

Just now, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

You can get a free copy of The Witcher 3 on GOG if you already have it on another platform.

I only have the Xbox Game Pass version and that seems to have been enough to get me the free PC version.

https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009896837?product=gog

CD Project did that with The Witcher 1 & 2 ages back, so I'm surprised it's taken them this long with 3. Nice that the offer's cross-platform.

I think I might own five different copies of The Witcher now, thinking about it, including the Collector's Edition that I picked up for buttons in a clearance sale and I see now sells for hundreds on eBay woohoo BRB!

CD Project did that with The Witcher 1 & 2 ages back, so I'm surprised it's taken them this long with 3. Nice that the offer's cross-platform.
I think I might own five different copies of The Witcher now, thinking about it, including the Collector's Edition that I picked up for buttons in a clearance sale and I see now sells for hundreds on eBay woohoo BRB!
How many drawn out, boring cut scene's does one man need?

1 hour ago, Mr X said:
6 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

How many drawn out, boring cut scene's does one man need?

I just count my naked lady shag cards while I'm waiting for Gerald to stop prattling on and get back to penetrating harpies with his mighty weapon.

(I only bought one of them, BTW)

The Xbox 360 version of Injustice and some of it's DLC are currently free. It also works on Xbox One.

https://www.purexbox.com/news/2020/06/injustice_gods_among_us_is_currently_free_to_download_on_xbox

edit - The PS4 version is free as well now

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP1018-CUSA00051_00-INJUSTICEULTIMAT

Edited by Sherrif John Bunnell