Free Game Watch

I saw that there are many distributions of games, but I actually bought them a long time ago. I've never seen popular games handed out for free. 
There are a few companies handing out popular games on a regular basis.
Epic have given out GTA V amongst others in the past and Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order is free this month via Amazon prime gaming.

• 3 months later...

The Epic Launcher just popped up on my taskbar to tell me that Football Manager 2022 is free, so I clicked on it immediately, just to discover that the game only has a 33% discount.

Not impressed, Epic. That's just mean.

16 hours ago, BFTD said:

The Epic Launcher just popped up on my taskbar to tell me that Football Manager 2022 is free, so I clicked on it immediately, just to discover that the game only has a 33% discount.

Not impressed, Epic. That's just mean.

Pretty sure the new version is on game pass 

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Bioshock 1, 2 and Infinite free on the Epic Games store right now.

Never bothered with them first time round, but the 3 games in the series for free? Don't mind if I do.

All the DLC too.

I somehow ended up not playing Minerva's Den for Bioshock 2 the first time round, but I'm told it's good.

• 3 weeks later...

If you have an Amazon Prime subscription (even if you sign up for the free trial) the following games are seemingly free to download and keep for good on Prime Day next month.

10 Second Ninja X
8Doors: Arum’s Afterlife Adventure
Addling Adventures
Bang Bang Racing
Clouds & Sheep 2
Death Squared
Fatal Fury Special
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
Gone Viral
GRID™ Legends
HUE
Manual Samuel
Mass Effect Legendary Edition
Metal Slug 2
Metal Unit
Need for Speed™ Heat
Pumped BMX Pro
Puzzle of the Year — 10 Pack
Rain World
Road Trip — 3 Pack
Samurai Shodown II
Serial Cleaner
Star Wars™ Jedi Knight — Jedi Academy ™
Star Wars™ Jedi Knight II — Jedi Outcast™
Star Wars™ Republic Commando™
The Crow’s Eye
The Darkside Detective
The Darkside Detective: A Fumble in the Dark
The King of Fighters 2000
The King of Fighters 2002
The Metronomicon: Slay the Dance Floor

https://traxion.gg/grid-legends-available-to-download-for-free-and-keep-forever-on-amazon-prime-day/

• 4 weeks later...

BUMP

The offer Stu mentioned above is live until the 14th. Act now!

I've signed up for the 30-day Prime trial and snaffled them all, including two I'd have bought at some point anyway (Mass Effect Legendary Edition and Darkside Detective).

• 1 month later...

The original Mafia is available for free on Steam until the 5th of September.

I remember it being worth playing, although that was about fifteen years ago. I saw it referred to as "the open-world classic" which is a bit of a misnomer, as it famously takes place in a virtually empty open world that only exists for travelling between missions, like LA Noire, only with even less to do and more linear. So long as you bear that in mind, the story and missions were fun, but it was disappointing for anyone expecting a GTA style world that was worth exploring.

• 3 months later...

That's yer Epic Games Store struggling, as they've just made Death Stranding: Director's Cut available for free for 24 hours.

Trying to "buy" it just results in a "Loading" message, and I can't even see the contents of my game library, so I take it that it's been a popular offer  :P

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a wee heads up that the Art of Rally base game is free on Epic until 3pm tomorrow. 

It's a great wee indi game that has kept me going back for years. The retro style is great, and the devs did a fantastic job of giving every car in the game it's own personality and handling. If you like driving games at all, and especially if you are into rallying, then you should pick it up.

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/art-of-rally