Scottish Championship Kits 20/21

43 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Other than it has white and red in it - two of our club's colours. What similarities are there?

He's clearly worked really hard to find a photo of England wearing red socks with their home kit, and he's had to go back forty years to do it.

Unfortunately, the design and shade of home top and shorts he found, were absolutely nothing like those in the Dundee kit in question, although some subsequent England ones have been, a wee bit, but weren't accompanied by red socks.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

He's clearly worked really hard to find a photo of England wearing red socks

^doesnt understand how Google works.

Surprised to see you completely over analysing what's quite clearly a fairly shite wind up attempt (that @Dele somehow repeatedly goes for).

Please give me another multi-paragraph drone about something.

Rate hummel as a kit supplier but dont think much of Ayrs kit tbh. Envious of Thistle getting a deal with Oneills as well, they're bound to have a couple of cracking kits for next season. Dundee's away is class and doesnt look like an england kit.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

^doesnt understand how Google works.

Surprised to see you completely over analysing what's quite clearly a fairly shite wind up attempt (that @Dele somehow repeatedly goes for).

Please give me another multi-paragraph drone about something.

Ok.

If memory serves, Hoddle scored a gem in that game, in what was maybe his England debut.

Interesting also, to see Kevin Reeves in the background.  I don't really remember him getting any caps, but he clearly got at least one.

Ayr aren't getting as much of a slagging as they should for their unveiling. They've went from the naked woman with a kit painted on (Including a man last season to tone down the sexism) to hanging it on a fucking fence having not even been ironed.

f**k sake.

From this:

img_2076.jpg

To this:

F17DDBB1-2FAB-4A71-9A05-C85907BB9558.jpeg

Ayr aren't getting as much of a slagging as they should for their unveiling. They've went from the naked woman with a kit painted on (Including a man last season to tone down the sexism) to hanging it on a fucking fence having not even been ironed.
f**k sake.
From this:
img_2076.jpg&key=e4d1bca978313517fa4a0442e1d2e35170d1d68fe9749fea1f1d0fc108d5b318
To this:
F17DDBB1-2FAB-4A71-9A05-C85907BB9558.thumb.jpeg.7b8f636873fffc00c8548e77e37f9a38.jpeg

The club never did the naked model unveiling. It was always a month or so later the sponsor used the models when they did their own press release. Remains to be seen whether or not that happens.

In terms of the strip itself I don’t mind it. For me the home strip can be plain and I like something different for the away one. I’m praying for a bit of purple again.

11 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

f**k sake.

From this:

img_2076.jpg

To this:

Maybe we've changed our minds about the naked models. It's okay though, we might change it back.

You should appreciate that surely.

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Maybe we've changed our minds about the naked models. It's okay though, we might change it back.

You should appreciate that surely.

Conan Lol GIF by Team Coco

Got a look at a couple of prototypes for Morton's kit in January when I met Dave MacKinnon after the Twitter carry on.

They were hoping for an all navy home kit as they don't think folk'll buy hoops as they stand out more in pubs, but were advised that moving that far from tradition wouldn't go down well so he had a white and navy hooped home shirt and a navy third shirt. Both were simple and smart enough- same tinpot manufacturer though.

10 minutes ago, Toby said:

Got a look at a couple of prototypes for Morton's kit in January when I met Dave MacKinnon after the Twitter carry on.

They were hoping for an all navy home kit as they don't think folk'll buy hoops as they stand out more in pubs, but were advised that moving that far from tradition wouldn't go down well so he had a white and navy hooped home shirt and a navy third shirt. Both were simple and smart enough- same tinpot manufacturer though.

Queen's Park, Killie and now Morton, all wanting a taste of the gorgeous navy.

As for the in-house manufacturer, thought the home kit was pretty poor but the away kit was smart. Certainly not the worst I've seen.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

24 minutes ago, Toby said:

What's this?

1 minute ago, Speroni*1 said:

What's this?

They blocked a few of us for criticising them on Twitter in January. Got ripped to pieces by the fans for spitting the dummy and were that week's laughing stock in Scottish football.

1 minute ago, Toby said:

They blocked a few of us for criticising them on Twitter in January. Got ripped to pieces by the fans for spitting the dummy and were that week's laughing stock in Scottish football.

Dave Mackinnon was known as the king of spin whilst at Dens. Appointed Alex Rae ahead of Derek McInnes and left the club after we appointed Jocky Scott ahead of his pick of Kenny Black.

2 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Dave Mackinnon was known as the king of spin whilst at Dens. Appointed Alex Rae ahead of Derek McInnes and left the club after we appointed Jocky Scott ahead of his pick of Kenny Black.

Aye, he did tell me something about that at said meeting. IIRC he was a big fan of Alex Rae and didn't take well to him getting binned so resigned, rather than it being over his replacement. My memory might not be totally accurate given it was a few months ago and that I was more concerned with what he was saying about Morton, but he was glowing in his praise of Rae. Which is a massive concern further down the line if Hopkin jumps or is pushed.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

If by 'repeatedly' you mean one single time, then, aye. 

Say what you like about Random but he is the absolute GOAT hyperbole machine. 

20 hours ago, Speroni*1 said:

f**k sake.

From this:

img_2076.jpg

To this:

No we didn't...

Toby is it this Vision mob we have the now or a new tinpot manufacturer? The Morton Community coaches and weans are all kitted out in Morton Joma gear tae!