Scottish Championship Kits 20/21

3 hours ago, Mr X said:
5 hours ago, Toby said:
Aye, but very poorly marketed. I get there are issues with social distancing and furlough, but no models, no teasers, a computer generated image flung up on Twitter on a Monday morning, no direct marketing in the form of e-mails to their customer/support base.

Maybe I’m being a bit harsh, but it strikes me as if they’ve looked at it as a job that’s needing done and is now out the way. Make a bit of effort to get them off the shelves.
The kits itself I like. Simple, inoffensive and lacking in the gimmicks the last one had, so that’s all good. Innovation’s fine with away kits, I prefer a home kit to be nice and simple like that one.

If its a computer generated image then chances are they don't physically have any strips to put on models.

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

Presumably, they have already delayed it quite significantly.

At some point you just have to accept that something is better than nothing.

It's a no win situation either way

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Whilst it doesnt need to be directly related, the League were requiring all clubs to confirm next seasons playing kit for today and suplly graphics to them. I assume having been required to comply Morton felt they may as well release it to the public too. 

Its pretty much exactly what we did a couple of weeks ago with a growing number of fans asking to see designs on a daily basis. 

Its not available, we cant take orders, we have no staff working and couldnt have done a kit launch even if we had physical kit, but the designs are now out there.

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

Maybe not significant but certainly delayed, at least compared to other clubs.

As I said, it's a no win situation

12 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I dont think it matters what you call it, as you're just arguing against facts

No, I'm arguing against the assumptions of you and Skyline Drifter. These are not facts, no matter what way you try to dress it up.

8 minutes ago, Toby said:

No, I'm arguing against the assumptions of you and Skyline Drifter. These are not facts, no matter what way you try to dress it up.

Ah, selective quoting. Always a winning formula.

You didnt argue against the assumption that the club doesnt physically have kits to use. Its not a fact, but its an assumption any reasonable person would come to.

Most, if not all, clubs at this level have released their kit designs for next season, so Morton have delayed theirs, compared to other clubs.

The league deadline for finalising kit designs was today, thats clearly a fact. I suppose the "fact" that Morton chose now to release the designs to the fans is just a massive co-incidence?

As I said, its a no-win situation. Release just design graphics and you have people, like you, complaining that they didnt use the proper kit. Keep delaying and there would be fans complaining that the club knew the design but didnt tell anyone.

Feel free to keep arguing about this, but it will be with yourself :) 

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Ah, selective quoting. Always a winning formula.

You didnt argue against the assumption that the club doesnt physically have kits to use. Its not a fact, but its an assumption any reasonable person would come to.

Most, if not all, clubs at this level have released their kit designs for next season, so Morton have delayed theirs, compared to other clubs.

The league deadline for finalising kit designs was today, thats clearly a fact. I suppose the "fact" that Morton chose now to release the designs to the fans is just a massive co-incidence?

As I said, its a no-win situation. Release just design graphics and you have people, like you, complaining that they didnt use the proper kit. Keep delaying and there would be fans complaining that the club knew the design but didnt tell anyone.

Feel free to keep arguing about this, but it will be with yourself :) 

There's nothing selective about the quoting. The only "fact" is that the deadline for finalising the kit design is today. That doesn't mean under any circumstances that clubs are obliged to release them to the public, nor does it mean that there will be any complaints from the public, most of whom will be unaware of a rule that you and I are only aware of because an official at your club revealed it today.

Again, you're assuming Morton have delayed the unveiling of their kit because other clubs have already released theirs. That's simply nonsense. Plenty of clubs release season tickets in March whilst Morton typically release theirs around the middle of June. That doesn't mean that they delay these things, it means that they set different deadlines and work to different timetables. You've just made that one up to suit your argument.

I gave you the opportunity to agree to differ a while back- you'd have been as well just taking it when it was offered instead of trying to be a smart arse and digging deeper.

Morton’s new kit.
0A527CBE-741C-4853-9CE2-EB8CA3CBDC34.jpeg.29f354d18ad39d96f851b1a6ecb8bda6.jpeg
That's really smart. A traditional Morton top with no fannying about, plain white shorts and the hooped socks set it off perfectly. I hope to see plenty of kids in Greenock wearing them soon.

1 hour ago, Toby said:

Er, dont bring me into your two bald men arguing about a comb debate. 😄I just offered up a fact (that the club had to provide kit designs to the league by today) as a likely reason why they decided to just publish it too. I'll leave you to it now. 

Edited by Skyline Drifter

24 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Er, dont bring me into your two bald men arguing about a comb debate. 😄I just offered up a fact (that the club had to provide kit designs to the league by today) as a likely reason why they decided to just publish it too. I'll leave you to it now. 

You and your pesky factual inputs...

43 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Oh look, another assumption.

15 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Still no news on the Caley Thistle top.  Apparently Scot Gardiner nearly started crying with joy* when he saw it so it better be good.

* Not a joke.

Probably looks something like this then...

hummel Rangers Fc Home 18/19 Jersey S/s - Blue/white/red | hummel.net

22 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Whilst it doesnt need to be directly related, the League were requiring all clubs to confirm next seasons playing kit for today and suplly graphics to them. I assume having been required to comply Morton felt they may as well release it to the public too. 

Its pretty much exactly what we did a couple of weeks ago with a growing number of fans asking to see designs on a daily basis. 

Its not available, we cant take orders, we have no staff working and couldnt have done a kit launch even if we had physical kit, but the designs are now out there.

Calm down. 5 people tops asked to see the designs.

On 01/06/2020 at 22:13, Highland Capital said:

Still no news on the Caley Thistle top.  Apparently Scot Gardiner nearly started crying with joy* when he saw it so it better be good.

* Not a joke.

Probably crying because he forgot the sponsor again.

* Not a joke.
an orange away kit then