Scottish Championship Kits 20/21

45 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

I'm sure that St Patrick's will be pleased to hear that.

Do you follow the Leinster Senior League?

Patrick Faissal are my favourite wee team now. Wish them all the best against Falkirk.

On 29/05/2020 at 20:17, RossBFaeDundee said:

Raith's home kit, along with winning design drawing. Will be wearing navy shorts with it though as you can see.

EZKyd03U8AUzF0z.jpg:large

It's like an arrow hinting at the direction they are heading back to.

It's about as Morton as a kit gets. Really plain design but will wait for actual photos before saying any more than that. Looks fine.

5 minutes ago, M0rtonfc said:

Happy with that, no messing about, basic and smart!

Aye, but very poorly marketed. I get there are issues with social distancing and furlough, but no models, no teasers, a computer generated image flung up on Twitter on a Monday morning, no direct marketing in the form of e-mails to their customer/support base.

Maybe I’m being a bit harsh, but it strikes me as if they’ve looked at it as a job that’s needing done and is now out the way. Make a bit of effort to get them off the shelves.

The kits itself I like. Simple, inoffensive and lacking in the gimmicks the last one had, so that’s all good. Innovation’s fine with away kits, I prefer a home kit to be nice and simple like that one.

Aye, but very poorly marketed. I get there are issues with social distancing and furlough, but no models, no teasers, a computer generated image flung up on Twitter on a Monday morning, no direct marketing in the form of e-mails to their customer/support base.

Maybe I’m being a bit harsh, but it strikes me as if they’ve looked at it as a job that’s needing done and is now out the way. Make a bit of effort to get them off the shelves.

The kits itself I like. Simple, inoffensive and lacking in the gimmicks the last one had, so that’s all good. Innovation’s fine with away kits, I prefer a home kit to be nice and simple like that one.

Nah your totally spot on mate, they should have had someone wearing it and there should have been a wee build up to the release, as you say it’s clearly just been a 20 min computer effort and fired out!

As for the strip, it’s a shame that it’s still that 1874 logo which I fucking hate but apart from that it’s well nice and I’m a big fan of the collar, makes it look very smart. Finally, blue and white hooped socks, excellent!

If its a computer generated image then chances are they don't physically have any strips to put on models.

3 minutes ago, Mr X said:
1 hour ago, Toby said:

If its a computer generated image then chances are they don't physically have any strips to put on models.

So delay the launch and wait until you see the finished product before announcing it’s design and release.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I can't make it out - are you guys making your own strips? 

Basically aye it's a small local supplier, and the club have credited 2 fans with the design.

So delay the launch and wait until you see the finished product before announcing it’s design and release.
Presumably, they have already delayed it quite significantly.

At some point you just have to accept that something is better than nothing.

It's a no win situation either way

18 minutes ago, Mr X said:

It’s June the 1st, I’d hardly say that’s a significant delay for a kit release, particularly for a club like Morton who are notoriously slow off the mark with things like kit launches and season ticket sales.

2 hours ago, Toby said:

20 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Whilst it doesnt need to be directly related, the League were requiring all clubs to confirm next seasons playing kit for today and suplly graphics to them. I assume having been required to comply Morton felt they may as well release it to the public too. 

Its pretty much exactly what we did a couple of weeks ago with a growing number of fans asking to see designs on a daily basis. 

Its not available, we cant take orders, we have no staff working and couldnt have done a kit launch even if we had physical kit, but the designs are now out there.

It’s June the 1st, I’d hardly say that’s a significant delay for a kit release, particularly for a club like Morton who are notoriously slow off the mark with things like kit launches and season ticket sales.
Maybe not significant but certainly delayed, at least compared to other clubs.

As I said, it's a no win situation

15 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Maybe not significant but certainly delayed, at least compared to other clubs.

As I said, it's a no win situation

You and I won’t agree on this.

3 minutes ago, Mr X said:
8 minutes ago, Toby said:
You and I won’t agree on this.

Not if you're going to keep shifting the goalposts so you can complain about it

Answering each of your points in turn doesn’t constitute shifting goalposts.