Jump to content

Scrubs


paul-r-cfc
 Share

Recommended Posts

They talk about Joshua Radin a lot on the podcast as Scrubs basically made his career. He was friends with Zach Braff and when the used 'Winter', everyone was keen to get more of his music, until they found out that was the only song he had written!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As much as I love scrubs the janitor thing in season 1 is complete nonsense, there’s an episode near the end of the season the one where Turk and JD fall out about the guy choosing surgery and the janitor is noticed loads of times by people and directly spoken too as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

As much as I love scrubs the janitor thing in season 1 is complete nonsense, there’s an episode near the end of the season the one where Turk and JD fall out about the guy choosing surgery and the janitor is noticed loads of times by people and directly spoken too as well.

Yeah it's been discussed on the podcast loads.  It's kind of believable as it's viewed through the eyes of JD but it's clearly nonsense :lol: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dazzle said:

As much as I love scrubs the janitor thing in season 1 is complete nonsense, there’s an episode near the end of the season the one where Turk and JD fall out about the guy choosing surgery and the janitor is noticed loads of times by people and directly spoken too as well.

 

59 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Yeah it's been discussed on the podcast loads.  It's kind of believable as it's viewed through the eyes of JD but it's clearly nonsense :lol: 

You both seem to be wildly missing the point here. The suggestion is that the Janitor is a figment of JD's imagination. He spends that episode telling a bunch of patients they should have surgery, which would contribute solely to JD's paranoia that after the initial case of someone choosing Turk over him, other people started doing it. It's not that the Janitor is only there when JD is, it's that he's only there when there aren't any other main cast characters around.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watched all the episodes again on Channel 4 app, it's a great show. It does start to tail off in the later seasons. I hadn't remembered just how much the interns feature in season 8 obviously in preparation for the next season. Season 9 wasn't as bad as I remembered.

Have been listening to Colin Hay again since watching it. There is at least 3 or 4 his songs featured in the show.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 05/08/2020 at 15:57, Busta Nut said:

I have bought them all anaw as they came out. Didn't buy 9 though. Not sure if I should as 8 ended perfectly

Even Zach and Donald get tore into Season 9 on the podcast.

It's OK, but nowhere near the level of even the worst episodes in the first 8 seasons. If it had been released under a different name, it would have been a perfectly average season of TV, but in comparison, it's utter shite.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Even Zach and Donald get tore into Season 9 on the podcast.

It's OK, but nowhere near the level of even the worst episodes in the first 8 seasons. If it had been released under a different name, it would have been a perfectly average season of TV, but in comparison, it's utter shite.

Aye I agree.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
Donald is starting to get on my tits. If he talks about the NBA celebrity league again, I'll lose my shit.
I haven't listened in a while as I've not caught up with the S2 episodes yet but I have found myself skipping through more and more of their tangents on actors, films etc. Interesting as it sometimes is, it can drag on at times. Noticeable as well that the episodes have gotten really long.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...