Scrubs

paul-r-cfc

• 4 weeks later...
On 18/09/2020 at 19:39, Jack Burton said:

Finding the podcasts a bit hit or miss.

I was listening to the one about My Philosophy, season 2 episode 13, half an hour in and they've barely mentioned anything to do with Scrubs or the episode.

This is pretty much why I've stopped listening to it. The episodes are too long and a large chunk of it isn't even about the episode. I don't mind some gravitation away to other subjects but there is too much of it to make tuning in worthwhile. Some of them have been approaching  / crossing the 2 hour mark which seems a bit excessive.

Finally started season 2 of the show so listened to my first episode of the podcast in about 6 weeks. 90 minutes and I must have skipped bear enough half of it. Can imagine if you're someone that's right into television and theatre then it's class but too much for me. The Scrubs content is still enjoyable enough but my god, they barely say a word about it!

One of my favourite comedy’s but brought so much more than slapstick, a few lumps in my throat during certain episodes. E4 (is it still a thing?) used to really f**k me off cutting out any adult bits regardless of the time of day and it made episodes make absolutely no sense at times if you had never seen that one before.

ETA- wasnt aware of a podcast will most likely give it a try.

Edited by gannonball

On 20/10/2020 at 10:22, The Minertaur said:

I'm still enjoying the pod but I have started falling behind a bit on the episodes.  As somebody who doesn't like Star Wars I can get fed up of hearing Donald chat about it for fecking ages.

I am miles behind the pod, I am just listening when I can be arsed

• 2 weeks later...

Finished my rewatch. I think it was from S6 onwards that I watched as-new when they first aired after watching the first 5 regularly on repeat when they were on E4. When I got to the end it was just sort of... there. I watched all of them through again and had about the same reaction. Then the third time I watched the whole show through I spent the last twenty minutes crying like a little girl. 

After being prompted into this after Sam Lloyd died, I'm not really sure what I have to say about it. The last time I watched it (~5 years ago, I think) it had been a while, and I remembered it all felt a bit more familiar than I had been expecting and not as good as a result. It's been about the same this time. So much of it is so imprinted on my brain and I spent so long being so invested in it and JD, I don't know that I'll be able to ever see it fresh again. If I did wait long enough I don't know that it could have the same effect anyway, since I'd be so much older.

Still, when it's good, it's good. It wasn't always great but it was never bad. The ending was perfect. I've also gone back to hearing Sarah Chalke's voice and thinking "Elliot" rather than "Beth from Rick and Morty," which I'm very glad of.

• 3 weeks later...

Previously I didn't have a particular liking or disliking of Star Wars. Not seen all the films, but quite enjoyed the ones I had seen.

Halfway through series three on this podcast though, I have a burgeoning hatred of everything Star Wars. 

On 13/11/2020 at 18:26, Miguel Sanchez said:

Finished my rewatch. I think it was from S6 onwards that I watched as-new when they first aired after watching the first 5 regularly on repeat when they were on E4. When I got to the end it was just sort of... there. I watched all of them through again and had about the same reaction. Then the third time I watched the whole show through I spent the last twenty minutes crying like a little girl. 

After being prompted into this after Sam Lloyd died, I'm not really sure what I have to say about it. The last time I watched it (~5 years ago, I think) it had been a while, and I remembered it all felt a bit more familiar than I had been expecting and not as good as a result. It's been about the same this time. So much of it is so imprinted on my brain and I spent so long being so invested in it and JD, I don't know that I'll be able to ever see it fresh again. If I did wait long enough I don't know that it could have the same effect anyway, since I'd be so much older.

Still, when it's good, it's good. It wasn't always great but it was never bad. The ending was perfect. I've also gone back to hearing Sarah Chalke's voice and thinking "Elliot" rather than "Beth from Rick and Morty," which I'm very glad of.

Ahhhhhhhhh. I had no clue about the voice acting but the second I read that it hit me. 

Going to need to rewatch this after reading this thread. 

• 4 weeks later...