Scrubs

paul-r-cfc

They talk about Joshua Radin a lot on the podcast as Scrubs basically made his career. He was friends with Zach Braff and when the used 'Winter', everyone was keen to get more of his music, until they found out that was the only song he had written!

As much as I love scrubs the janitor thing in season 1 is complete nonsense, there’s an episode near the end of the season the one where Turk and JD fall out about the guy choosing surgery and the janitor is noticed loads of times by people and directly spoken too as well.

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

As much as I love scrubs the janitor thing in season 1 is complete nonsense, there’s an episode near the end of the season the one where Turk and JD fall out about the guy choosing surgery and the janitor is noticed loads of times by people and directly spoken too as well.

Yeah it's been discussed on the podcast loads.  It's kind of believable as it's viewed through the eyes of JD but it's clearly nonsense :lol: 

2 hours ago, Dazzle said:

59 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Yeah it's been discussed on the podcast loads.  It's kind of believable as it's viewed through the eyes of JD but it's clearly nonsense :lol: 

You both seem to be wildly missing the point here. The suggestion is that the Janitor is a figment of JD's imagination. He spends that episode telling a bunch of patients they should have surgery, which would contribute solely to JD's paranoia that after the initial case of someone choosing Turk over him, other people started doing it. It's not that the Janitor is only there when JD is, it's that he's only there when there aren't any other main cast characters around.

Watched all the episodes again on Channel 4 app, it's a great show. It does start to tail off in the later seasons. I hadn't remembered just how much the interns feature in season 8 obviously in preparation for the next season. Season 9 wasn't as bad as I remembered.

Have been listening to Colin Hay again since watching it. There is at least 3 or 4 his songs featured in the show.

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/08/2020 at 15:57, Busta Nut said:

I have bought them all anaw as they came out. Didn't buy 9 though. Not sure if I should as 8 ended perfectly

Even Zach and Donald get tore into Season 9 on the podcast.

It's OK, but nowhere near the level of even the worst episodes in the first 8 seasons. If it had been released under a different name, it would have been a perfectly average season of TV, but in comparison, it's utter shite.

53 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Even Zach and Donald get tore into Season 9 on the podcast.

It's OK, but nowhere near the level of even the worst episodes in the first 8 seasons. If it had been released under a different name, it would have been a perfectly average season of TV, but in comparison, it's utter shite.

Aye I agree.

• 2 weeks later...
Donald is starting to get on my tits. If he talks about the NBA celebrity league again, I'll lose my shit.
I haven't listened in a while as I've not caught up with the S2 episodes yet but I have found myself skipping through more and more of their tangents on actors, films etc. Interesting as it sometimes is, it can drag on at times. Noticeable as well that the episodes have gotten really long.