Scrubs

paul-r-cfc

Couldn't find a thread on this but have been remembering recently how unbelievably good a show it is.

Zach Braff and Donald Faison started a podcast going through each episode called 'Fake Doctors, Real Friends' so dusted down my old DVD collection for a rewatch and it's as funny as it ever was. Speaking to a doctor pal, it's apparently more medically accurate than pretty much any other medical TV show.

All 4 have also just uploaded all 8 seasons so good time to binge. (I don't recognise the 9th).

Sad to hear also that Sam Lloyd, best known as Ted Buckland, passed away yesterday from cancer, a year after his son was born.

Scrubs was/is great. Haven’t watched it in ages apart from a selected few clips with Sarah Chalke which is have on my phone, iPad, computer up stairs as work computer just in case the internet breaks down one day.

ETA: rip Ted.

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

5 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Couldn't find a thread on this but have been remembering recently how unbelievably good a show it is.

Zach Braff and Donald Faison started a podcast going through each episode called 'Fake Doctors, Real Friends' so dusted down my old DVD collection for a rewatch and it's as funny as it ever was. Speaking to a doctor pal, it's apparently more medically accurate than pretty much any other medical TV show.

All 4 have also just uploaded all 8 seasons so good time to binge. (I don't recognise the 9th).

Sad to hear also that Sam Lloyd, best known as Ted Buckland, passed away yesterday from cancer, a year after his son was born.

Was a great Scrubs fan in the day.

Sad to hear about Sam Lloyd, genuinely great voice.  The Blanks performed at Dundee Uni a few years back and I only found out a couple of days later, was gutted to know I missed the opportunity to see them.

As a wee tribute, performed in Edinburgh’s Prince’s Street Gardens.

The podcast is really good. Enjoyable insight and Braff and Faison are still really funny together.

Episode 4 of the first season 'My Old Lady' is an outstanding piece of television and the first excellent Scrubs episode. The one where all three main doctors have a patient and JD opens with the stag about 1 in 3 patients dying.

Also, how good is the soundtrack throughout this show?

Tremendous show.

Some of the sadder episodes are more emotional than half the shitey "dramas" that get pumped out monthly these days.

The Brendan Fraser episode where Dr Cox is trying to convince himself hes not died is rough the first time.

Tremendous show.
Some of the sadder episodes are more emotional than half the shitey "dramas" that get pumped out monthly these days.
The Brendan Fraser episode where Dr Cox is trying to convince himself hes not died is rough the first time.
The one with the transplants is the worst for me. Only time that Fray song has ever been used well.

Love Scrubs and haven't done a rewatch for a while. Might do so after my current run through of Friends is finished.

Gutted to hear about Sam Lloyd. I saw The Blanks in Glasgow a few years back on what was a bonkers but hilarious night.

Loved this back in my early high school days but was a bit sceptical about the podcast having heard a fair few adverts for it. Felt it was a bit dated when I've caught the odd episode here or there too in recent years.

Glad to hear the podcast is good though will give it a go 

Scrubs was my favourite show at High School and my first year of uni.  Listening to the first episode of the podcast just now and it's amazing the banter that they still have.  Can tell I'm going to enjoy this!

I was gutted to hear about Sam Lloyd.  I was watching Modern Family a few weeks ago and he popped up in one of the scenes and I was delighted.  Tragic to leave behind such a young son. 

It did make me question what age was he when he started on Scrubs? :lol: 

Scrubs is great, pretty sure there was a thread a good few years ago. A few folk had/changed there user names to characters or references at one point too

Season 9 was a bit shite, 8 ended perfectly tae.

Started to listen to the podcast and it's great.

have battered first  3  of them today.
They're excellent. Really good with the guests on as well. Seems pretty much everyone involved is keen to be on it at some point. Including Snoop Dog intern.

On 02/05/2020 at 20:09, RandomGuy. said:

Tremendous show.

It's a fantastic episode. You know something isnt right and when it falls into place and they reveal whats happened? It absolutely hits you hard.

Just to reiterate that the podcasts are fantastic.  Even the banter between Zach and Donald on it is good and some of the stories that they tell are incredible.  Zach's dinner table question to his Dad had me getting funny looks at work,

The discussions around the episodes are detailed too and it's great to hear that they have so many of the actors coming on. Scott Foley, Brendan Fraser are all keen.  

If you've not listened to it yet then you need to check it out!