St Johnstone's Next Permanent Manager

St Johnstone's next manager  

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

He's actually sorted hospitality at West Ham for a few folk I know, so not a complete c**t to everyone. 

Tam, being friendly to you just emphasises him being a c**t.

54 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

https://www.mcbookie.com/sport/football

Cleland the favourite.

The fact Steve Lomas, who left the club after flashing his knob at the staff and after pissing off most the support by going out every Saturday to sign The Sash in pubs, is at 8/1 should really tell you how much stock you should be putting in those odds.

Perhaps his outreach to the deaf community made people think he's not all bad.

Cleland the favourite.
The fact Steve Lomas, who left the club after flashing his knob at the staff and after pissing off most the support by going out every Saturday to sign The Sash in pubs, is at 8/1 should really tell you how much stock you should be putting in those odds.

Certainly not Lomas. Man was an embarrassment and spent most of his time in the stand. We need a new Tommy.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Cleland the favourite.

That link is fucked, (maybe due to my location) but Wright will be a tough gig to follow. I didn't dislike the bloke tbh.

8 hours ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Peter zLovenkrands 

I'm absolutely stunned to find his link to the job is completely sourceless and in the Daily Record. 

They've literally never had a story that doesnt involve the Old Firm in some way.

Courier will be the only paper I'll be paying attention too this time around.

21 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

John Hughes will be booking his next appearance on Sportsound as we speak. Dusting off the CV.

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

John Hughes has apparently went on a podcast to talk about why John Hughes is the best man for the job and how hes very interested.

Let's hope he has zero chance.

As sure as night follows day.

6 minutes ago, Radford said:

The Daily Record are nothing if not predictable at least.

Worst one from them so far is Keith Jackson saying Scott Gemmill is the leading candidate due to his "sensational job with Scotlands U21 squad".

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Worst one from them so far is Keith Jackson saying Scott Gemmill is the leading candidate...

To be fair to Jackson, he was more touting him than offering any scoop. Of course though, it was a dreadful shout.

First thing he'd do would be drop Jason Kerr to play someone younger then give Anderson a new deal.

Edited by Radford

I think one of the key points for any new manager will be contacts. The scouting network at Saints has been well discussed, so the new man is going to need to know people he can speak to about players that aren't easily watchable.

I think if you work off that being top of the list of qualities, you can rule plenty of folk in or out.

I know some aren't keen but I think Callum Davidson ticks a lot of the boxes they'll be looking for.

4 minutes ago, Radford said:

To be fair to Jackson, he was more touting him than offering any scoop. Of course though, it was a dreadful shout.

First thing he'd done would be drop Jason Kerr to play someone younger then give Anderson a new deal.

Followed by him releasing Ali McCann as he only wants to have players born in Scotland...

14 minutes ago, Radford said:

I know some aren't keen but I think Callum Davidson ticks a lot of the boxes they'll be looking for.

If you remember all those years ago, it was Wright's plan that when he retired Davidson would step up. So he ticks the boxes for continuity, but also for knowledge of Scottish game and contacts. No idea whether he's a good manager, but the press today makes it sound like he must be keen on the job too.

So thats Callum Davidson and now Owen Coyle have distanced themselves from the managerial post. You cant help but think , the proposition of having to work under Steve Brown is not going to be very enticing to most managers, especially after what went on with Wright. 

1 minute ago, Munoz said:

So thats Callum Davidson and now Owen Coyle have distanced themselves from the managerial post. You cant help but think , the proposition of having to work under Steve Brown is not going to be very enticing to most managers, especially after what went on with Wright. 

^ believes Daily Record headlines type person

Millwall's manager today contradicting that Record headline (which didnt match the article at all)

For the same reason Wright has left, to be worth his family more, it would be the same thing that would draw Davidson back. His family are all still in Dunblane and not London.

As has been said, Callum Davidson is both the obvious choice, and (from current known options) the best choice.

The only issue there could be Millwall IMO, if compensation with them isnt an issue, then I really dont see any way Davidson doesnt take the job.

Barring Steve Brown going mental/an incredible application coming in.