St Johnstone's Next Permanent Manager

St Johnstone's next manager  

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Liam Craig and Steven Maclean dream team plz...

I reckon it’ll be one of Craig, Graeme Jones or Callum Davidson. I’d love to add Jody Morris to that list but he’ll be earning orders of magnitude more than we could ever pay him 😂

3 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Liam Craig and Steven Maclean dream team plz...

I reckon it’ll be one of Craig, Graeme Jones or Callum Davidson. I’d love to add Jody Morris to that list but he’ll be earning orders of magnitude more than we could ever pay him 😂

Maybe even 2 of them.

Graeme Jones has had 1 season of football management at age 50 and has was punted because he had Luton Town 23rd and had achieved 10 wins all season and a GD of -28. I get that Luton were on of the favourites to go down, but why does that make him an ideal candidate?

15 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Graeme Jones has had 1 season of football management at age 50 and has was punted because he had Luton Town 23rd and had achieved 10 wins all season and a GD of -28. I get that Luton were on of the favourites to go down, but why does that make him an ideal candidate?

Because he was a fairly shite striker for us for a couple of seasons which is reasonable enough for some folk.

Tbf Jones ticks a few boxes.

Hes got a rake of contacts, a lot of experience in management teams in multiple different countries, is out of a job, and has been a manager (no matter how poorly that went).

I dont think he'll get the job, and I'm far from saying he would be close to a success, but its not the usual "former player" shout IMO.

15 minutes ago, Bose said:

According to McBookie Someone had £50 on Hartley 

I remember years ago Hartley boasting about how he'd lied about his wage to up his contract when he joined Saints. Not the sort of thing that gets forgotten in the boardroom. 

I imagine Saints will be a reasonably attractive proposition. We give managers a chance. It's 17 years, after all, since we've sacked anyone. Not many clubs can claim that.

Edited by Mr Heliums

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Imagine how pissed off the Dees would be if it was Hartley and he continued with the top 6 finishes, European jaunts etc. While McPake continued to flounder about playing Arbroath and Alloa. 

Hartley is a cracking manager IMO. If you appointed him, he'd no doubt do a great job.

Wouldn't piss me off though, he was rightfully punted after allowing us to concede 7 at home from Aberdeen and being in the process of a 7 game losing run (Preceded by a 6 game losing run earlier in the season) and then admitting live on TV that he didn't know how to turn things around. He completely lost the plot at the end of his spell at Dens. And his Falkirk spell was just a complete disaster that they've still not recovered from.

Would I take him back? Absolutely.

He deserves to go far in the game. He has an obsessive work ethic that I've never before witnessed in Scottish football.

Is his father in law not the Cove director though? And they're being backed Gretna-esque (Well, not quite but money is being pumped into them) so could see him wanting to lead Cove up the leagues to the Championship.

I wish we wouldn't look at players with a connection to Saints as a positive. There's almost an inverse correlation to success. At any rate, none of our five best managers – Muirhead, Brown, Ormond, Totten or Wright – had any previous connection with Saints. 

Edited by Mr Heliums

10 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

I wish we wouldn't look at players with a connection to Saints as a positive. There's almost an inverse correlation to success. At any rate, none of our five best managers – Muirhead, Brown, Ormond, Totten or Wright – had any previous connection with Saints. 

I mean, technically, Tommy Wright did have a link of the club before becoming manager.

1 hour ago, Old Pack said:

John Robertson, used to working on a shoe string and always has ICT organised .

They might go for Robbo even though they'll have to pay us compo. I think you lot have something in the bank. 

13 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

They might go for Robbo even though they'll have to pay us compo. I think you lot have something in the bank. 

Considering we’ve now got McCart and with Rooney incoming it could be suggested someone likes what Robertson is doing. May just have been Wright but Robertson wouldn’t surprise me at all. 

Edited by Bose

The chances of Robertson repeating what he managed at ICT is slim, IMO.

Theres worse options out there but I'm not overly convinced hes so much better an option as other he would be worth spending money on.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

The chances of Robertson repeating what he managed at ICT is slim, IMO.

Theres worse options out there but I'm not overly convinced hes so much better an option as other he would be worth spending money on.

I agree, he wouldn’t be my choice but I wouldn’t be as surprised as I would be with some of the names spouted already.