St Johnstone's Next Permanent Manager

St Johnstone's next manager  

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Billy Dodds declared interest on Sportsound there. Said he's heard this has been in the pipeline for a few weeks and he's already had an 'informal chat' with Steve Brown.

1 minute ago, 18May1991 said:

I’m worried for the St Johnstone fans. Even the thought of it should give them the heebie jeebies. 

File it alongside the hilarious chat from people about Hartley/Duffy/Dodds.

It's clearly not happening.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

File it alongside the hilarious chat from people about Hartley/Duffy/Dodds.

It's clearly not happening.

Hope so, I really do. If this was the ‘Well manager vacancy and Levein or Dodds were even linked, it would boil my piss. 

Just now, 18May1991 said:

Hope so, I really do. If this was the ‘Well manager vacancy and Levein or Dodds were even linked, it would boil my piss. 

Theyll be linked due to their pals in the media desperately trying to get them it.

Every c**t will come out the woodwork in the next week claiming they're the best for the job.

I feel for the Saints fans with some of the names getting linked to this already, Dodds especially. They’d be better going down the route of an untested coach/manager again than picking up one of the usual chancers. 

I feel for the Saints fans with some of the names getting linked to this already, Dodds especially. They’d be better going down the route of an untested coach/manager again than picking up one of the usual chancers. 

It’s always amusing reason who’s getting linked, Ferguson, Lennon, Dodds, etc. It’ll be none of them, Saints have had a contingency plan for a while and the bookies and press don’t have a clue yet.

Still it’s always funny to see who gets thrown in the ring and the tedious reasons.

58 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Billy Dodds declared interest on Sportsound there. Said he's heard this has been in the pipeline for a few weeks and he's already had an 'informal chat' with Steve Brown.

Probably sounding them out about bringing in Jim McIntyre as an assistant.

In case the fans have any objections.

42 minutes ago, Widge said:

It’s always amusing reason who’s getting linked, Ferguson, Lennon, Dodds, etc. It’ll be none of them, Saints have had a contingency plan for a while and the bookies and press don’t have a clue yet.

Bookmarked for this definitely not coming back to bite you. 

Have always had a wee feeling that it may be Liam Craig next. He has gradually been given more coaching responsibilities, his playing time has been reduced, and Saints have been known to take risks on guys with little managerial experience (Derek McInnes would be a direct parallel). However, we are in the top-tier now and I worry that this would be a significantly bigger gamble currently. Callum Davidson is an obvious candidate. Strong connections to the club, a respectable CV, and  presumably a good list of contacts as well. However, something doesn't quite sit right with me or fill me with confidence whenever I see him being interviewed. Jody Morris would be the ultimate appointment for me, but it won't happen.

If it is neither Craig nor Davidson, I'll stick my neck out and say that it won't be anyone else on this list. It will be a left-field appointment again.

Edited by The Real Saints