St Johnstone's Next Permanent Manager

St Johnstone's next manager  

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:
Half time entertainment. 

At least he looks like he's having fun during lockdown. Bit scatter gun with the tunes though. Might be best to drop Blurred Lines, mind.

On 03/05/2020 at 13:10, craigkillie said:

. I have been very impressed with Petrie's team every time I've seen them, but that doesn't always translate to the top level.

Look at someone like Ian Murray who took Dumbarton to the verge of the Premiership play offs but then failed miserably at St Mirren.

Petrie's next step will surely be Dunfermline, and if he does well there then that will be the time to make the jump up to this level.

With Ian Murray was there not a pretty succinct difference between when Jack Ross was assistant, and when he wasn't? 

I'd absolutely love Petrie to be the Pars manager, he might not even be interested in managing full time tbh. 

I might be making this up, but I have a vague memory that some of the group of players that seem to spend their time moving around the Angus have stated it’s an open secret that Petrie won’t go ft unless it’s with us. I believe he’s turned down other chances in the championship.  Don’t ask for evidence.

Edited by parsforlife

3 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I might be making this up, but I have a vague memory that some of the group of players that seem to spend their time moving around the Angus have stated it’s an open secret that Petrie won’t go ft unless it’s with us. I believe he’s turned down other chances in the championship.  Don’t ask for evidence.

Sounds legit.

10 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Linkage?

The only thing that I've seen was an interview in the herald today.It was all about him praising TW and at the end he did mention that at "Some Stage" he would like to.manage saints.But it would be stretching it a bit to say that he meant that he was wanting it now.

3 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

That might be a bit more convincing without the website address in the top right corner! 

Watermarks are the worst.

There was an interesting video put up on Saints TV this morning, for about 10 minutes before being removed.

Got a snapshot...

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200508-114710_YouTube.thumb.jpg.9b5f028ff56f39a74d551e5de77f406d.jpg

1 hour ago, ali_91 said:

For those without Twitter:

KR: In the current climate we will clearly be going for an option that financially makes sense, and one that the board can trust to get the board’s message across to the fans. 

Bit negative, especially about getting the boards message across. Going for a yes man? 

This is what I have seen on twitter:KR: "(The club is looking for) a good cultural fit and someone who respects what the club stands for. And someone who will continue the vision and strategy that Tommy and the board maintained and developed over the years."

No negativity in that statement but showing respect to the work done by Tommy and wants it continued.