Jump to content

Have clubs been shafted?


caliy
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, glensmad said:

Following a video conference this afternoon with the Scottish Football Association, the long running discussions on the setting up of the West of Scotland Football League within the Pyramid have finally been concluded. 


During the meeting it was made very  clear that our Clubs were extremely disappointed that "all in " balanced conferences would not be introduced from season 1, however it was confirmed that option was not on the table.   


After constructive discussions it was agreed  that there will be a top division of 20 teams. This will be made up of the 16 teams from the West Region Premiership plus  Darvel Juniors, Cumbernauld United and Blantyre Victoria from West Region Championship and Bonnyton Thistle. The remaining teams will be allocated to balanced conferences. 


There will be promotion and relegation across the league at the end of season 1. The details of that will be agreed when we have a clearer picture of what the playing season looks like, given all the current uncertainties. 


This new structure will be subject to  formal ratification, required by the Scottish Football Association process, and we can now proceed to move forward to make a success of our new league.


Dave McKenna

Chairman

West of Scotland Football League

"The details of that will be agreed when we have a clearer picture"

glensmad, according to one of the RG guys, the all in conference idea wasn't a bad thing. It would give everybody a chance from division 2 upwards a possible chance of three or four home "gates" against the top clubs with a big away support.

That has now gone.

How do the likes of Peasy sell a home game versus the likes of XYZ from the bottom of last season's Division 2 on a wet day in January?

Clubs will make the best of it and move on but don't try to sell me fake trailer trash news rapped up as the Washington Post.

Eff knows what the Drum and Newton Mearns crew make of this.

Village idiots led by the Del Boys of Junior football.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"The details of that will be agreed when we have a clearer picture"
glensmad, according to one of the RG guys, the all in conference idea wasn't a bad thing. It would give everybody a chance from division 2 upwards a possible chance of three or four home "gates" against the top clubs with a big away support.
That has now gone.
How do the likes of Peasy sell a home game versus the likes of XYZ from the bottom of last season's Division 2 on a wet day in January?
Clubs will make the best of it and move on but don't try to sell me fake trailer trash news rapped up as the Washington Post.
Eff knows what the Drum and Newton Mearns crew make of this.
Village idiots led by the Del Boys of Junior football.
I'm not trying to "sell" you anything. You asked me to post the statement so I did. I've always said it should be conferences for everyone and I still say that, but Rod Petrie just wouldn't section it, so we have to accept it now.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, glensmad said:
44 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:
"The details of that will be agreed when we have a clearer picture"
glensmad, according to one of the RG guys, the all in conference idea wasn't a bad thing. It would give everybody a chance from division 2 upwards a possible chance of three or four home "gates" against the top clubs with a big away support.
That has now gone.
How do the likes of Peasy sell a home game versus the likes of XYZ from the bottom of last season's Division 2 on a wet day in January?
Clubs will make the best of it and move on but don't try to sell me fake trailer trash news rapped up as the Washington Post.
Eff knows what the Drum and Newton Mearns crew make of this.
Village idiots led by the Del Boys of Junior football.

I'm not trying to "sell" you anything. You asked me to post the statement so I did. I've always said it should be conferences for everyone and I still say that, but Rod Petrie just wouldn't section it, so we have to accept it now.

The clubs have no options but to except it, correct.

Bonnyton were obviously kept in the loop because of possible legal action.

Should be an interesting season with 38 league games to look forward to and done and dusted by April.

Edited by Tutankhamen
Eff the SFA
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The clubs have no options but to except it, correct.
Bonnyton were obviously kept in the loop because of possible legal action.
Should be an interesting season with 38 league gamesto look forward to and done and dusted by April.
It may not necessarily be 38 games. They could play 19 and split top and bottom for another 9 games. I'm sure the fixtures people could easily work that out. It'll all depend on when we can get started.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, glensmad said:
42 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:
The clubs have no options but to except it, correct.
Bonnyton were obviously kept in the loop because of possible legal action.
Should be an interesting season with 38 league gamesto look forward to and done and dusted by April.

It may not necessarily be 38 games. They could play 19 and split top and bottom for another 9 games. I'm sure the fixtures people could easily work that out. It'll all depend on when we can get started.

There is no way it will be balanced, as we have seen this season not every team plays the same amount of games at the same time. There is also the problem that you could have played 19 games but not yet played some of the teams in the league.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, glensmad said:
1 hour ago, Tutankhamen said:
The clubs have no options but to except it, correct.
Bonnyton were obviously kept in the loop because of possible legal action.
Should be an interesting season with 38 league gamesto look forward to and done and dusted by April.

It may not necessarily be 38 games. They could play 19 and split top and bottom for another 9 games. I'm sure the fixtures people could easily work that out. It'll all depend on when we can get started.

2 × 10 sections. Play teams in your own section home and away and teams in the other section once home or away. That gives 28 games with 14 home and 14 away for each club.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, glensmad said:
1 hour ago, Tutankhamen said:
"The details of that will be agreed when we have a clearer picture"
glensmad, according to one of the RG guys, the all in conference idea wasn't a bad thing. It would give everybody a chance from division 2 upwards a possible chance of three or four home "gates" against the top clubs with a big away support.
That has now gone.
How do the likes of Peasy sell a home game versus the likes of XYZ from the bottom of last season's Division 2 on a wet day in January?
Clubs will make the best of it and move on but don't try to sell me fake trailer trash news rapped up as the Washington Post.
Eff knows what the Drum and Newton Mearns crew make of this.
Village idiots led by the Del Boys of Junior football.

I'm not trying to "sell" you anything. You asked me to post the statement so I did. I've always said it should be conferences for everyone and I still say that, but Rod Petrie just wouldn't section it, so we have to accept it now.

Correct the SFA wouldn't sanction it. It was a well known fact. That is why promotion and relegation needs to applied to create a Division of 17 in the first year.

But where was the decision to promote 3 teams made. Not by the members, but as there was a concensus? at a video meeting, without a vote of the members.  Because of a threat of legal action? This is a major mistake in which a new organisation have left themselves open to threats at any time of legal action that they will cave. This has opened the door to Clubs wholly unhappy with this decision to bring their own action. This leaves the interim management of the new Association weak and ineffective and in the views of some  I have spoken to their positions may be untenable. 

Peter you say are not trying to not  trying sell something. If you accept the principle of Promotion, you have to accept the principle of relegation. This would mean that if apply the principal to promote using the West Region PPG as fact, which you ridiculed in other areas, the principal of relegation would apply to Troon, Kirkintilloch Rob Roy and wait Rutherglen Glencairn

Decision making in closed rooms by both the SFA and certain clubs within the new structure have protected the self interest of the few.

The comment from Dave McKenna LL was that no club should be disadvantaged by the current(Covid) crisis. This has only been applied to 6 Clubs namely the 3 named above and Darvel, Blantyre Victoria and Cumbernauld. However a further 6 clubs in promotion positions within other divisions have been disadvantaged. 

Edited by Wild Winton Rover
spelling
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

All that info was discussed at length in the future of junior football thread at the time.

Between you and that Burnieman.

Surprised Boris hasn't been on to you offering you a job.

Talk about kidding the mugs on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Correct the SFA wouldn't sanction it. It was a well known fact. That is why promotion and relegation needs to applied to create a Division of 17 in the first year.
But where was the decision to promote 3 teams made. Not by the members, but as there was a concensus? at a video meeting, without a vote of the members.  Because of a threat of legal action? This is a major mistake in which a new organisation have left themselves open to threats at any time of legal action that they will cave. This has opened the door to Clubs wholly unhappy with this decision to bring their own action. This leaves the interim management of the new Association weak and ineffective and in the views of some  I have spoken to their positions may be untenable. 
Peter you say are not trying to not  trying sell something. If you accept the principle of Promotion, you have to accept the principle of relegation. This would mean that if apply the principal to promote using the West Region PPG as fact, which you ridiculed in other areas, the principal of relegation would apply to Troon, Kirkintilloch Rob Roy and wait Rutherglen Glencairn
Decision making in closed rooms by both the SFA and certain clubs within the new structure have protected the self interest of the few.
The comment from Dave McKenna LL was that no club should be disadvantaged by the current(Covid) crisis. This has only been applied to 6 Clubs namely the 23 named above, Darvel, Blantyre Victoria and Cumbernauld. However a further 6 clubs in promotion positions within other divisions have been disadvantaged. 
I'm not sure when I ridiculed the PPG system to decide the league winners. I made very little comment on the West Region SJFA's process for awarding league winners. Perhaps you're mixing me up with other posters.

I also don't get how teams who would normally have been promoted from League One and League Two have been disadvantaged, as they will all be at tier 7 which is the equivalent of the old Championship. Nobody has had their status downgraded.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

How do the likes of Peasy sell a home game versus the likes of XYZ from the bottom of last season's Division 2 on a wet day in January?

I guess by being succesful and knowing that the game against XYZ will be a vital fixture in a promotion chasing season. Unless Peasy fans don't actually care about their own club and only bother going to matches against bigger junior sides. I'd imagine they'd find it quite easy to sell the idea of promotion to a league above and the chance of progression. Every other club in the world manages it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does anybody really believe 6 clubs will be relegated out the top flight next season?

Already the top flight clubs are trying to work out a 28 game season to fit in the SCC.

I don't mind folks having a giraffe but don't insult the three conference leagues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does anybody really believe 6 clubs will be relegated out the top flight next season?

Already the top flight clubs are trying to work out a 28 game season to fit in the SCC.

I don't mind folks having a giraffe but don't insult the three conference leagues.

It doesn't matter at this stage how many teams will be relegated. What is important is that it has been confirmed that there will be promotion from the conferences to the top tier at the end of next season. The arithmetic can be worked out later.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I guess by being succesful and knowing that the game against XYZ will be a vital fixture in a promotion chasing season. Unless Peasy fans don't actually care about their own club and only bother going to matches against bigger junior sides. I'd imagine they'd find it quite easy to sell the idea of promotion to a league above and the chance of progression. Every other club in the world manages it

And you as a Morton fan can verify there is promotion next season?

Aye right pal.

Edited by Tutankhamen
Eff the SFA
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, glensmad said:

It doesn't matter at this stage how many teams will be relegated. What is important is that it has been confirmed that there will be promotion from the conferences to the top tier at the end of next season. The arithmetic can be worked out later.

 

Whatever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Between you and that Burnieman.

Surprised Boris hasn't been on to you offering you a job.

Talk about kidding the mugs on.

Forget where I read it but have seen it claimed that the LL thought the SFA would be willing to do the discipline on four WoS conferences next season as a one off in exchange for not doing it on U-20 league games. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tutankhamen said:

And you as a Morton can you verify there is promotion next season?

Aye right pal.

As a Morton? Whit?

And, nae need, yer Glens man has posted the relevant information already stating there will be promotion from the WoSFL Conferences into the WoSFL Premier

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

As a Morton? Whit?

And, nae need, yer Glens man has posted the relevant information already stating there will be promotion from the WoSFL Conferences into the WoSFL Premier

Try reading his replies.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...