Have clubs been shafted?

caliy

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

They go back to conferences but without being part of the JPP, and don't take part in the LL play-off for the first season? Who would be the clubs threatening legal action there - basically only Auchinleck as there's not really anyone else who could be licensed by next February and in a title winning position?

You can't help yourself making stories up about the Talbot.

18 minutes ago, TFW said:

You can't help yourself making stories up about the Talbot.

If you read the post you'll see it was a question. Can you think of any other clubs who would be in a position to be licensed by February and top of the WOSFL?

2 hours ago, Ginaro said:

They go back to conferences but without being part of the JPP, and don't take part in the LL play-off for the first season? Who would be the clubs threatening legal action there - basically only Auchinleck as there's not really anyone else who could be licensed by next February and in a title winning position?

Clydebank and Kilwinning have been the most hung ho about the pyramid and are very much aiming for licensing (only new cover needed by the former and floodlights secured from York City by the latter) , so it's not necessarily Talbot that will see being in tier 6 straight away as important.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

6 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

This is hilarious, seriously

Has peoples IQs just disintegrated or dissolved.
below I believe most points are correct and apologise if some are factually incorrect 

1.    Not any of the ex junior teams who have moved to the new WOS have any say in how  the new WOS operates
2     Its the SFA who have stated they do not have enough resources to cover everyone in tier 6 but can only cover one division.
3.     The Lowland, East and South of Scotland leagues have been forced to arrange one division at tier 6 by order of the SFA
4.    They 67 new WOS clubs were invited for a video conference covering, two days I believe and asking them their views, that's it, just their views and what they are looking for.
5.     legal action by any club would be thrown out as laughable
6.     The LL, EOS and SOS when structuring the new WOS can actually say we are going to put all teams that start with the letter A,B and C to the top division and no one, not even a court of law can do anything about it.
7.      Doesn't matter what seeding people come up with for their workings, the LL,EOS and SOS have decided to add Bonnyton into the tier 6 and for simplistic reasons used the teams in the top division of the West premier and the top 3 of the championship.
8.      The 67 WOS clubs have been told that they will be able to vote in whom they think are the right people to run the new WOS league for season 21/22
9.      As far as I'm aware there will be 3 teams promoted, the winners of each conference and there will be 7 teams relegated.
10.      For me, the losers are  traditionally the weaker teams in the top flight, teams like Cumbernauld ,Rob Roy, Benburb, Troon etc... for example as they are a good bet to finish in the bottom 7, thus relegated when 2021/22 starts
11.    Junior football is dead in the West, some really cant handle it. its not the Lowland league, The East of Scotland, The South of Scotland, the SFA or the SPFL fault,  its the junior association's fault because they just kept going, not improving, no vision and being stagnant and now they forced , I'd say, 30% of junior clubs who didn't want to leave the West region junior association to join a new WOS league stating there would be no west region for season 20/21.
12..   Teams in the conference are in weaker conferences than first thought, making it actually easier to get promoted.
13.    All teams bar Boonyton are new teams joining an association thus they have to fall in line what the association decide, the junior association is in the past

6 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

This is hilarious, seriously

Has peoples IQs just disintegrated or dissolved.
below I believe most points are correct and apologise if some are factually incorrect 

1.    Not any of the ex junior teams who have moved to the new WOS have any say in how  the new WOS operates
2     Its the SFA who have stated they do not have enough resources to cover everyone in tier 6 but can only cover one division.
3.     The Lowland, East and South of Scotland leagues have been forced to arrange one division at tier 6 by order of the SFA
4.    They 67 new WOS clubs were invited for a video conference covering, two days I believe and asking them their views, that's it, just their views and what they are looking for.
5.     legal action by any club would be thrown out as laughable
6.     The LL, EOS and SOS when structuring the new WOS can actually say we are going to put all teams that start with the letter A,B and C to the top division and no one, not even a court of law can do anything about it.
7.      Doesn't matter what seeding people come up with for their workings, the LL,EOS and SOS have decided to add Bonnyton into the tier 6 and for simplistic reasons used the teams in the top division of the West premier and the top 3 of the championship.
8.      The 67 WOS clubs have been told that they will be able to vote in whom they think are the right people to run the new WOS league for season 21/22
9.      As far as I'm aware there will be 3 teams promoted, the winners of each conference and there will be 7 teams relegated.
10.      For me, the losers are  traditionally the weaker teams in the top flight, teams like Cumbernauld ,Rob Roy, Benburb, Troon etc... for example as they are a good bet to finish in the bottom 7, thus relegated when 2021/22 starts
11.    Junior football is dead in the West, some really cant handle it. its not the Lowland league, The East of Scotland, The South of Scotland, the SFA or the SPFL fault,  its the junior association's fault because they just kept going, not improving, no vision and being stagnant and now they forced , I'd say, 30% of junior clubs who didn't want to leave the West region junior association to join a new WOS league stating there would be no west region for season 20/21.
12..   Teams in the conference are in weaker conferences than first thought, making it actually easier to get promoted.
13.    All teams bar Boonyton are new teams joining an association thus they have to fall in line what the association decide, the junior association is in the past

The Sfa also said and Dave McKenna sent the email out that they would only accept a top league of 16 plus Bonnyton. There was no consensus of opinion on the Wed night meeting that all wanted a 20 team league fact 

2 hours ago, honestman54 said:

Sorry, what other club has the SOS lost?  They have 16 at the moment so losing Bonnyton will make that 15.  Also, what have I missed in the EOS?  When did they decide to move to 18 next season?

Dumfries YMCA resigned during this season and aren't coming back for new season. Although as far as I know they're still just in abeyance, so maybe they'll return one day, but it's confirmed they won't play in the SOS for 2020/21.

1 hour ago, timeforchange said:

The Sfa also said and Dave McKenna sent the email out that they would only accept a top league of 16 plus Bonnyton. There was no consensus of opinion on the Wed night meeting that all wanted a 20 team league fact 

I am sure I read somewhere, maybe in here, that there was a unanimous move towards it at the the first meeting??

14 minutes ago, The Informer said:

I am sure I read somewhere, maybe in here, that there was a unanimous move towards it at the the first meeting??

SFA can still veto what gets accepted at tier 6, so if they weren't in the meeting that decided on a 20 team league, they can still block it. I don't know if they would, but they can.

28 minutes ago, Marten said:

SFA can still veto what gets accepted at tier 6, so if they weren't in the meeting that decided on a 20 team league, they can still block it. I don't know if they would, but they can.

Did yesterday’s league statement not say they had agreed to it?

The following bit was in the statement: "This new structure will be subject to formal ratification, required by the Scottish Football Association process, and we can now proceed to move forward to make a success of our new league." So how I read it, it still needs the formal ratification and nothing is definite until that moment.

1 minute ago, Marten said:

The following bit was in the statement: "This new structure will be subject to formal ratification, required by the Scottish Football Association process, and we can now proceed to move forward to make a success of our new league." So how I read it, it still needs the formal ratification and nothing is definite until that moment.

I think you can take it that it’s been agreed, sounds to me like it’s a tick box exercise.

Just now, The Informer said:

I think you can take it that it’s been agreed, sounds to me like it’s a tick box exercise.

It could very well be, but you never know until it's officially confirmed, especially with the SFA!

I think the top 20 proposal is shite. I'd been looking forward to a real commitment from all clubs to start afresh with loads of new fixtures that would have promoted the new set-up in every location.

If, as has been indicated, this was always likely they should have kept the West structure and slotted the new teams in, either at the bottom or by other agreement to put them in higher up. I doubt that would be realistic though.

16 hours ago, glensmad said:
17 hours ago, timeforchange said:
Peter are you in the new West of Scotland committee ?

No

Will you be?  

If you are will you still be posting on this? 

Thanks 

They're wasn't there were a couple of options put forward, but they have ran with this one. The only a majority concensus was that the 3 championship clubs should be treated fairly and promoted.