Team of the Season

Other forums seem to have this, and cant see it here, so why not?

All my own opinion/from what I've seen during games/highlights, obvs. Some obvious ones might miss out (Celtic fans inbound), entirely because the likes of Jullien didnt have anything to do against us for the most part).

GK - Mark Gillespie: Dont think theres much competition tbh. McGregor and Forster done okay for the clubs they're at, and Hladky gets a lot of plaudits, but Gillespie has been the standout from what I've seen.

RB - James Tavernier: I dont rate him that highly, especially defensively, but you just cant argue with what he contributes in attack. Frimpong and O'Donnell the only others even worth mentioning.

CB - Declan Gallagher: Obvious choice. Has everything, still gutted we missed out on him (McCart has eased that a little though).

CB - Stuart Findlay: Same as above, just a really classy CB. Feel like hes dipped from last season, which seems to be due to the GK behind him, yet still strolls into this team.

LB - Andy Considine: Really fucking struggled with this. Considine seems the least shite of all the options tbh. Greg Taylor struggling at Celtic, and Barisic doing literally nothing ever against Saints, gives very little options.

RM - James Forrest: He obliterates whatever left back we play every single fucking time. Can be unplayable at his best.

CM - Liam Polworth: Brilliant player, I absolutely love him and have done for years. Folk rave about Scott Allan's ability to pick out a pass, but Polworth is comfortably the best in the country and sliding strikers in with a through ball. Give him a clinical strikeforce and he'd bag 15+ assists easily IMO.

CM - Ali McCann: Probably controversial, probably be told I'm biased, but hes got it all. I've yet to really see anyone dominate him, and he started bagging goals now aswell. I've seen him comfortably deal with both Scott Brown and Ryan Jack, and theres no higher level in this country.

CM - Ryan Christie: Best midfielder in the Country, zero question. Much like Forrest he causes us bother every time we play, and his close control makes him unplayable sometimes.

LM - Steven Lawless: Just edges out Chris Burke, mainly due to Lawless even causing bother in dreadful Livingston performances, while Burke struggled in dreadful Kilmarnock performances. A really under rated winger who has both ability and work rate, probably gets overlooked for flashier quicker players, but also probably contributes more.

ST - Odsonne Edouard: Much like Van Djik, Wanyama and Dembele before him, just far too complete a physical specimen for this league. Can up the level at any point and blow you away. Morelos is a weaker striker, and his second half of the season was truly abysmal. Last game he played v Saints he could barely complete a pass.

GK- Mark Gillespie

CB- Jon Guthrie
CB- Declan Gallagher
CB- Connor Goldson

RM- Steven Lawless
CM- Ryan Christie
CM- Liam Polworth
CM- Scott Brown
LM- Chris Burke

ST- Odsonne Edouard 
ST- Lyndon Dykes

Edited by ATLIS

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

GK- Mark Gillespie

CB- Jon Guthrie
CB- Declan Gallagher
CB- Connor Goldson

RM- Steven Lawless
CM- Ryan Christie
CM- Liam Polworth
CM- Scott Brown
LM- Chris Burke

ST- Odsonne Edouard 
ST- Lyndon Dykes

Goldson?

He had some really good games but his consistency, especially in games we're dominating can suspect at times. Even with the bluest tinted specs I couldn't vote for him.

My non-OF TOTY: Gillespie; O'Donnell, Gallagher, Findlay, Considine; Campbell, McCann; McGinn, Allan, Lawless; Dykes. 

Excluded OF players, purely because, if I were being as objective as possible, it would then be nine players from two teams and maybe only two from outwith the OF getting in on merit. I'd probably have Gallagher and McGinn in a TOTY including OF players, but struggling beyond that. 

10 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Shame 'relegating Hearts' doesn't carry a little more weight in these threads, tbh.

1hpoB3YK_400x400.jpg

After that goal should play the Harlem Globetrotters theme music when he comes on the field.

I'm not bitter.🤬

GK- Mark Gillespie

CB- Jon Guthrie
CB- Declan Gallagher
CB- Connor Goldson

RM- Steven Lawless
CM- Ryan Christie
CM- Liam Polworth
CM- Scott Brown
LM- Chris Burke

ST- Odsonne Edouard 
ST- Lyndon Dykes
There are plenty of Motherwell supporters that wouldn't even have Polworth in their starting XI never mind in a team of the season. I like him but he's well away from this list.

12 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

There are plenty of Motherwell supporters that wouldn't even have Polworth in their starting XI never mind in a team of the season. I like him but he's well away from this list.

Hes got more assists than anyone other than James Forrest, and has set up more than double the amount of goals than anyone else in your team.

Much like ICT fans who wanted him dropped, I think it's fine to file your opinion under "M".

GK - Gillespie (Motherwell)

CB - Gallagher (Motherwell)

CB - Findlay (Kilmarnock)

CB - Guthrie (Livingston)

RM - McGinn (Aberdeen)

CM - Christie (Celtic)

CM - McCann (St Johnstone)

CM - Jack (Rangers)

LM - Lawless (Livingston)

ST - Hendry (St Johnstone) - f**k it I'm allowed to be biased, plus the only other options are Dykes and Obika and their goals per minute are way off. 

ST - Edouard (Celtic)

Only moronic simpletons can't see how effective Liam Polworth is.  Looks like there's moronic simpletons who support Motherwell as well as The Caley.

16 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Jambos runout song ....

Tony Angelino does a good version.

Edited by Mr. X

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes got more assists than anyone other than James Forrest, and has set up more than double the amount of goals than anyone else in your team.

Much like ICT fans who wanted him dropped, I think it's fine to file your opinion under "M".

I'm not sure what you're suggesting "M" stands for but there's a big difference between thinking he should be dropped and having him in a team of the season. I said i like him but I wouldn't rate him as one of the top four midfielders in the country. If that was the case then he would be in the running for international call-ups.

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I'm not sure what you're suggesting "M" stands for but there's a big difference between thinking he should be dropped and having him in a team of the season. I said i like him but I wouldn't rate him as one of the top four midfielders in the country. If that was the case then he would be in the running for international call-ups.

Team of the Season isnt about the best players, it's about the best performing players.