Masks  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

Not really meaning to pick on you but how's what you said any different to any of this? Is it just because it's not been made compulsory?

It's not. If it's made compulsory then I will take myself out of that equation. 

To make it compulsory they'd need to come up with a fairly solid argument for doing so - which they won't. 

I did some work in the dusty loft a couple of years ago and tried wearing a painters mask. My glasses steamed up 

So the only mask I think I'd like to wear is the mask from The Mask . Smoking!

BTW did you know those WWII gas masks had asbestos in them.. 

Shops making it compulsory should and probably will be told to wind their fucking neck in until such times as scotgov make it compulsory. 

I dont have a huge issue with masks being made mandatory if a provider is recommended and held at a fair price. I have been of the opinion that whilst masks may not prevent the spread entirely, surely catching SOME of a cough or sneeze is a good thing. 

The most important point for me in all of this though is that masks can GTF unless they are part of a loosening of restrictions. 

2 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

Luckily, it doesn't matter that you can't fathom it.  Why do you assume im upset? 

I just don't think I need to wear one. Yet. Its that simple. No need to get excited about it. If I change my mind (and I might) then I'll wear one. But I've not read anything yet that convinces me. 

:lol:

Aw bless. 

When im out and about (within the guidelines before you start) mask wearing is a massive minority round here. Lot of selfish c***s around according to you. 

Of course, you'll be squeaky clean aren't you? Bellend! 

How do you know his bellend's squeaky clean?

3 minutes ago, sjc said:

I've got a big box of F-99E type masks, I only tend to wear one when in close proximity to others in/on shops, hospitals, public transport etc.

1037351953_images(11).jpeg.e59edc7def9a44d6e757c1863cc16bc8.jpeg

Is it generally frowned upon not to wear one on the street in Japan these days?

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

How do you know his bellend's squeaky clean?

Because I'm not a complete c**t, I've given him the benefit of the doubt.  

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

Masks aren't for your protection, they're for everyone else's. 

Video shows just how far a cough can travel at the grocery store

This is true. They're more effective at preventing you passing on the virus that catching it. The fact that the majority of Japanese already wear masks when out, and the comparitively low infection numbers relative to Countries of lower population and densities is telling.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Is it generally frowned upon not to wear one on the street in Japan these days?

Not so much in the open air/free space but a busy street it's just seen as sensible.

18 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

:lol:

This is just beyond bizarre. So desperate not to wear a mask that you’d order everything in. Remarkable.

Seems strange anything has to be 'desperate' in this completely hypothetical situation that'll never happtlen, but yet here we are.