League 1 Team of the Year

Clyde fans have some time on their hands btw Mcniff is one of the worst defenders at this level Grant in midfield is horseshit and The Sex offender up front [emoji849]

Goodwillie would be one of the first names on that TotS tbf

McDonald at LB is the only other player that would have made the tots if it wasn’t given as a fan vote

The other 9 slots would have been filled with Rovers, Falkirk and Airdrie players though. Nobody else comes close

10 hours ago, David W said:

SPFL League 1 team, as voted by the fans, asterisks denoting the best player in each position. The internet, eh?

Mitchell*

Allan Higgins McNiff* MacDonald

Hilton Grant* Tapping Webster

Goodwillie* Lyons

If you did not see the link it is no surprise that those who did catch it in time  skewed the team ( I managed 2 days but you could only pick one player in a back four/midfield 4): then this is indeed a poorly judged internet team. The absence of Raith Rovers players is astounding. Hard to take it serious and Tapping sums it up.  4 players from top five but only one (deserved) from the top three and title winners. I have seen most of the teams but can't place Allan nor Hilton from Stranraer? 

32 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

If you did not see the link it is no surprise that those who did catch it in time  skewed the team ( I managed 2 days but you could only pick one player in a back four/midfield 4): then this is indeed a poorly judged internet team. The absence of Raith Rovers players is astounding. Hard to take it serious and Tapping sums it up.  4 players from top five but only one (deserved) from the top three and title winners. I have seen most of the teams but can't place Allan nor Hilton from Stranraer? 

No Airdrie players? Shame

9 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

In all seriousness, Ray Grant is an excellent player for us. McNiff on the other hand...

For yous don’t mean he’s the best Center mid in the league does it fucking gomis is the best by a mile and who the f**k is tapping never heard of him

Edited by Spanish Armada

For yous don’t mean he’s the best Center mid in the league does it fucking gomis is the best by a mile and who the f**k is tapping never heard of him

Gomis was completely anonymous in the 4 games we played Falkirk last season anyway.

Gomis couldn’t even lace Regan Hendry’s boots.

21 hours ago, Spanish Armada said:

Believe it or not he played as a trialist for us against Spartans a few years ago but signed for Brechin.  He did play against us for Forfar this season but was forgettable.  I would have had Fordyce in any LOTOS  but I was only one voter.

12 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Gomis was completely anonymous in the 4 games we played Falkirk last season anyway.

Gomis couldn’t even lace Regan Hendry’s boots.

Thank f**k. Thought it was only us he was utterly hopeless against 

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We had the best defence by a country mile and mcmanus after  goodwillie was by far the best striker in the league.  I wouldnt make a case for any of our midfielders though.

Garry Miller was excellent for us as a defensive midfielder, so was Gomez in the same role.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Garry Miller was excellent for us as a defensive midfielder, so was Gomez in the same role.

Miller didnt play enough of the first half of the season under mckinnon for me and gomis struggled to last the pace against younger midfields. Hopefully we wont see both of them on the park at the same time next season as that happened far too often.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Miller didnt play enough of the first half of the season under mckinnon for me and gomis struggled to last the pace against younger midfields. Hopefully we wont see both of them on the park at the same time next season as that happened far too often.

That was McKinnon's fault though, not Miller's. He was very consistent once he was brought in, good contender for POTY if he'd been used earlier.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Agree that Gomis struggled to do a full 90, was usually better in the 1st half, but was still an obviously very good player when he was on the pitch. 

I'd be happy if both are with us next season with Gomis as back-up to Miller.