League 1 Team of the Year

6 hours ago, PortyMo said:

Good to see Andy Steeves getting a mention. We are lucky to have two great full backs at Montrose but for me, Steeves is the pick of the pair.
Blair Lyons also getting all the plaudits and well deserved but our best performer (in my humble opinion) has been Graham Webster. 
9 goals and 10 assists has been a great return for us and he has been consistantly good all season. He might just sneak our POTY ahead of Blair.
He certainly got my vote.

Certainly the sheer quality of Montrose after that terrible start must be down to many of your squad; having seen all three games , if I am honest, I did not remember Webster and given the competition I will take your advice on how good he was. Take care and lets hope we can post on real football asap.

On 07/05/2020 at 19:49, Chapelhall chap said:

Certainly the sheer quality of Montrose after that terrible start must be down to many of your squad; having seen all three games , if I am honest, I did not remember Webster and given the competition I will take your advice on how good he was. Take care and lets hope we can post on real football asap.

Just a footnote to say That Graham Webster won Player of the year,  Players player of the year and directors player of the year.
Blair Lyons won young POTY and Andy Steeves won members POTY.
Better not blow his trumpet too much though. He might be singled out next season (if next season ever comes)

22 hours ago, PortyMo said:

Just a footnote to say That Graham Webster won Player of the year,  Players player of the year and directors player of the year.
Blair Lyons won young POTY and Andy Steeves won members POTY.
Better not blow his trumpet too much though. He might be singled out next season (if next season ever comes)

Assuming we resume in the near future I will look more carefully at Graham Webster. I have high hopes for our YPOTY Leon McCann as our Left back so I look forward to a comparison with Andy Steeves.  I have been watching old world cup games on BBC ( on record for later ) and there have been some great games- Nigeria winning against Spain in 1998 was first class., but can't match games against Montrose. Take care

Goalie - Cammy Bell (Falkirk & Queens Park )

Right Back - Michael Tidser (Falkirk & Queen’s Park)

Center Backs 

Fernandy Mendy (Raith Rovers)

Gregor Buchanan (Falkirk)

Left Back

Nathaniel Wedderburn (Airdrie)

Right Mid- Joao Victoria (Raith Rovers)

Central Midfield -Ian McShane and Gary Irvine (Falkirk and Forfar )

left Mid -Grant Anderson (Raith Rovers)

Strikers - Ally Roy (Airdrie) Connor Sammon (Falkirk)

Manager of the year - Ray McKinnon 

Edited by Spanish Armada

The real wind up is having Grant Anderson in that team. Scored a couple vital goals for us at the start of the season against both Dumbarton and Airdrie. By no means the high flying winger he used to be, but he proved a few doubters wrong when he came back to Stark's Park. 

On 14/05/2020 at 16:00, Brian Carrigan said:

Great 'da' patter this. Quite surprised it took three pages before someone thought to post an 'It's funny because they were all shite' team given the amount of da's on P&B.

Sound as da no every c***s as sharp as you 

• 5 weeks later...

SPFL League 1 team, as voted by the fans, asterisks denoting the best player in each position. The internet, eh?

Mitchell*

Allan Higgins McNiff* MacDonald

Hilton Grant* Tapping Webster

Goodwillie* Lyons