Still time left to save the grade

eamonn

18 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

The "grade" still exists. I'm sure the East Region will be happy to accept a couple of West Region clubs to bulk up the West Lothian League

Harthill Royal vs St Anthony's. What could possibly go wrong? The irony is that the twelve month notice rule that junior blazers tried to hold over the heads of clubs leaving for the EoS would actually apply in this case for clubs changing region.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Harthill Royal vs St Anthony's. What could possibly go wrong? The irony is that the twelve month notice rule that junior blazers tried to hold over the heads of clubs leaving for the EoS would actually apply in this case for clubs changing region.

To be honest, a vote at the SJFA AGM could easily make an exception or scrap that rule entirely. If a handful of West Juniors do want to join the ERJFA South, I doubt the remaining junior clubs will force them to wait a year. Maybe we'll end up with 3 regions, but then them being North / Tayside / South.

Not fully up to date with leagues below the West regions etc, but couldn't one of the leagues look to move into a new junior set up ? so that there's a natural pyramid. Down here in Bristol the County League went up into step 7,part of the national set up with clubs knowing the criteria required - so they can build towards.

11 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Not fully up to date with leagues below the West regions etc, but couldn't one of the leagues look to move into a new junior set up ? so that there's a natural pyramid. Down here in Bristol the County League went up into step 7,part of the national set up with clubs knowing the criteria required - so they can build towards.

If you mean the current amateur leagues, there's a host of them. The trouble being that while some clubs at that level have first call on grounds, a significant number of them will have a designated home ground but in reality will flit between several choices depending on availability and playability sometimes at little or no notice.

The leagues in large part aren't really run with spectators in mind, and I know it's been a source of some frustration to some groundhopper types who for instance have built in the chance of seeing a Saturday morning game at old Cathkin Park into their plans before a junior game in the afternoon only to find the game has been switched to say Toryglen at an hours' notice, with only the away team and ref being informed of the fact.

1 hour ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Ha yeah some hopper types are complete twats !  like the I didn't go to the game cos there's no programme for f** sake !  Must be difficult if clubs can't always get their ground and have to change, ihave no problem with that, having run a. club myself (in Bristol). 

I think i know of whom you speak :)  I heard he travelled up from SE England for a game here and just went back home without seeing it when he discovered there was no programme that day! Yeah, a few ammy clubs have regular grounds, but especially in winter the game could easily end up taking place on whatever municipal or school  3G is available that day. Like I say there would need to be a bit of a 180 done in terms of catering to spectators, as at the moment they're simply not operating with people watching in mind.

Edited by Hillonearth