What if your club dies?

1 hour ago, Ad Lib said:

I think I'd support the nuclear bombing of Cappielow.

Well, you got a couple of token bites, as expected. Think you're forgetting that one was already dropped on the Maryhill/Possil area. Caused £3m of improvements. 

If the worst happend, I suppose I'd get my football fix from Clach in the Highland League. Dunno if I'd be a 'fan' the same way though. 

1 hour ago, Bailey1874 said:

Have you ever been to Cappielow Park ? If you had, you would know it was a real ground - like 'Love St' (St Mirren Park), Douglas Park, Brockville, Somerset Park, Broomfield etc. 

Enjoy Legoland!

Three times. On all three occasions we beat the rabies infested locals.

Have you ever been to Cappielow Park ? If you had, you would know it was a real ground - like 'Love St' (St Mirren Park), Douglas Park, Brockville, Somerset Park, Broomfield etc. 
Enjoy Legoland!
By "real" do you mean outdated?

14 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Well, you got a couple of token bites, as expected. Think you're forgetting that one was already dropped on the Maryhill/Possil area. Caused £3m of improvements. 

Greenock Estate Agent:

One of the local areas finest properties, incorporating the latest in Greenock design and technology all within a short walk to the best eating venues in the region, and boasting the finest views in the area. 

Maryhill punter:

It's a bin.

As expected, a fairly innocuous thread descends into a fuckin slanging match. Kill football now and most of you morons would argue about netball tomorrow.

No we wouldn’t.

I don't really have much interest in football apart from Ayr United anymore.

I think football in general has lost its soul over the past couple of decades, when it became more about money than the actual game. I have absolutely no interest in any of the supposed "Big" leagues or the continental competitions and I don't care enough about any other team to bother going to watch them.

If Ayr United folded I'd probably just stop watching football - apart from the national team and the World Cup and Euros.

19 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
24 minutes ago, johnnydun said:
Are we any closer to a club actually going to the wall, or is it all just shite?

Fingers crossed its shite. Be sad to see any club go to the wall due to this.

Agreed. 

*except Cowdenbeath. 

I’m hedging my bets already as though a Dons fan I have a season ticket for East End as they are my local club and my boys support the Pars.
I have ever confidence the clubs will survive, but football could be a bit different for the near future!

On 07/05/2020 at 19:11, ayrunitedfw said:

You’re a right ray of sunshine. 

Every club dies, baby that's a fact

But maybe every club that dies someday comes back

Put your make-up on, put your hair up pretty

Meet me tonight in Atlantic City

Edited by Highland Capital