What if your club dies?

We won't be dying any time soon, not due to this coronavirus anyway, despite what weetoonlad fantasises about.

If we did, I'm pretty confident there would be a phoenix club of some sort. I'd support that I expect. If not then I'd likely watch a lot more of Annan Athletic. And take in a few neutral games. I'd like to get down to Nottingham Forest a couple of times a season maybe.

5 minutes ago, Dele said:

If my club was Cowdenbeath, I'd rejoice. 

Alas, it is not. I'll still dance a merry jive if they die though. 

Quite. I seem the recall Cowden fans were particularly vociferous when we looked like going tits up in 2009. Them going tits up now would be pretty fucking funny. 

9 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

How do you work that last bit out?

If we take 40,000 or 50,000 fans out of the weekly crowds, I suspect the whole structure might become unsustainable.  I know we were told that the same would happen when Rangers died but at least the fans transferred over to the new club and their ticket money stayed in the game.

But then, what do I know  And I'd had a few beers last night.

44 minutes ago, The DA said:

If we take 40,000 or 50,000 fans out of the weekly crowds, I suspect the whole structure might become unsustainable.  I know we were told that the same would happen when Rangers died but at least the fans transferred over to the new club and their ticket money stayed in the game.

Yes, I suspect the beers are key to your theory.

A couple of sides like Hearts going bust, would have little to no impact on the majority of clubs.

1 hour ago, The DA said:

The top flight teams managed just fine without Sevco for 4 years. Each league managed just fine after Sevco were promoted.

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The top flight teams managed just fine without Sevco for 4 years. Each league managed just fine after Sevco were promoted.

The difference is that the Rangers money stayed in football, just differently distributed.

Taking 50,000 fans out altogether would 'cost' football about £10M a year.

43 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Why the hatred for Cowdenbeath mate ?

I don't think they like us very much with @Brazilianlex coming out with this little heads gone, along with other posts along the same lines...

"Set fire to Dens and burn the yank b*****d in the fire. 
f**k Dundee and all who support their stance to kill off smaller Clubs."

I can live with them not liking us as they won't exist in the next few weeks.

28 minutes ago, The DA said:

The difference is that the Rangers money stayed in football, just differently distributed.

Taking 50,000 fans out altogether would 'cost' football about £10M a year.

More likely the clubs would just cut their cloth accordingly. Highland League teams have got by without money from the big clubs. I'm sure the remainder would be fine.

5 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

More likely the clubs would just cut their cloth accordingly. Highland League teams have got by without money from the big clubs. I'm sure the remainder would be fine.

I think I'm just in a bad place at the moment.

49 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I don't think they like us very much with @Brazilianlex coming out with this little heads gone, along with other posts along the same lines...

"Set fire to Dens and burn the yank b*****d in the fire. 
f**k Dundee and all who support their stance to kill off smaller Clubs."

I can live with them not liking us as they won't exist in the next few weeks.

Fair enough then. His comments about Nelms are very harsh.

Are they going bust ??

22 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Nah. Too many arguments about where they play. Unless we set one up for each feeder league into the Highland/Lowland League. PnB Buckfast v PnB Salt and Sauce will be the biggest derby of the year when they meet in the cups

P&B Lorne v P&B Slice, shirley?