Assassin's Creed - Valhalla

stumigoo

Without spoilers what should I do to get to the ending? 
I've got the Asgard trippy mission still to do because I cba with that, I've got a few regions still to do, I've just returned Sigurd from captivity and he's just wandering around the settlement looking lost. Don't know if I should crack on with Asgard, Regions or go through the Order list? 
Does it matter what order I do it in? 

The way it is set up, you can complete them in any order really and you still get lots of revelations, just you might work out different things at different points.

The third Asgard act is just one boss fight. Pretty tough so aim to be level 300 or so when you do it. Doesn't matter really whether you finish it before or after the story.

If you have Sigurd back, keep working through the regions and the big final mission will be triggered after you finish Winchester I think. Sigurd will want to speak to you after you return. The revelation of the story is separate from the order revelation so any order is fine really.

I did it in this order:

Asgard
All the regions bar Hamtunshire,
Last story mission with Sigurd
Last region
Wiped out the Order

I'd maybe recommend finishing all the regions first if possible but don't worry about what order it's done in as the plot is well layered enough that it can handle any order.

26 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

The way it is set up, you can complete them in any order really and you still get lots of revelations, just you might work out different things at different points.

The third Asgard act is just one boss fight. Pretty tough so aim to be level 300 or so when you do it. Doesn't matter really whether you finish it before or after the story.

If you have Sigurd back, keep working through the regions and the big final mission will be triggered after you finish Winchester I think. Sigurd will want to speak to you after you return. The revelation of the story is separate from the order revelation so any order is fine really.

I did it in this order:

Asgard
All the regions bar Hamtunshire,
Last story mission with Sigurd
Last region
Wiped out the Order

I'd maybe recommend finishing all the regions first if possible but don't worry about what order it's done in as the plot is well layered enough that it can handle any order.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense, cheers. Flying through the Asgard stuff, just started Jotenheim and it's so depressing, I fucking hate this place, I've had to look up like every chest, I dunno how you've played it but I've been getting every mystery, artefact and wealth in each region and this part is deffo the least fun I've had in the game. 

Just to compound on the misery, I did the tiniest bit of exploring in Jotunheim before I actually did the mission, I swear I've already found what they want me to look for but I'm running around doing all the set up when I've legit got the main thing in my inventory. 

I've been grabbing a lot of the chests and stuff but not all of them. Will give Watch Dogs a go then get back to Valhalla once the DLC is all out and I'll probably Rattle through some more of the collectibles then.

Tbh, Asgard and Jotunheim were disappointing considering how good the mythical levels on the dlc in Oddysey. Not much to them.

1 hour ago, paul-r-cfc said:

I've been grabbing a lot of the chests and stuff but not all of them. Will give Watch Dogs a go then get back to Valhalla once the DLC is all out and I'll probably Rattle through some more of the collectibles then.

Tbh, Asgard and Jotunheim were disappointing considering how good the mythical levels on the dlc in Oddysey. Not much to them.

I never got that far on Oddysey, really couldn't get into it. 

Aye I'm not a fan of them at all, much prefer the different regions. I see that they've done an update today with River Raids, says you go to new places to that could be cool, probably gonna wait til I've done the main stuff before I do one though. 

I never got that far on Oddysey, really couldn't get into it. 
Aye I'm not a fan of them at all, much prefer the different regions. I see that they've done an update today with River Raids, says you go to new places to that could be cool, probably gonna wait til I've done the main stuff before I do one though. 

It was the second DLC on Oddysey. Excellent stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to go over 100 hours til I got my first bug. 

Doing some mission where this lady is barricaded in a house with angry locals outside, you sneak in the roof and speak to her and it gives you the option to talk your way out of it or have her scream and you're meant to carry her out the front door as if you sorted her out, I said I was going to do that then hopped out a back window and ran off the other way, essentially escaping in the best way possible but the game didnt appreciate it and she just kept crouch running away like she was in combat, happened for a good 5 minutes til I just did a reload. 

Just had my first rage quit. Fucking cairn stones. Absolute riddy. It will not obey physics.

There's a very easy one you need to do as part of a quest later in the game but yeah, tried one in the wild and refuse to go near another one again. Fucking impossibile.

10 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

There's a very easy one you need to do as part of a quest later in the game but yeah, tried one in the wild and refuse to go near another one again. Fucking impossibile.

Yeah unfortunately I'm going for everything on the map at each region so can't leave anything behind, most of them are doable but that one last  night was brutal, I went back and did it 30 mins after posting!

• 1 month later...
For the first time ever (due to being in isolation with Covid) I completed a game 100% trophy wise. Some laugh
IMG_20210408_013401.thumb.jpg.e405365314959e2ba84a421e89b893a1.jpg

I did that with Origins. Spent about half an hour running about the desert waiting for it to rain cockroaches for the last one.

36 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

For the first time ever (due to being in isolation with Covid) I completed a game 100% trophy wise. Some laugh

Nice, I'm very close to the end, over 130 hours put in. 

What are the trophies like? I've done all the sidey missions so far but I've not done the fishing for the guy at the settlement or that stuff, I think by the time I finish I'll be close to 100% as long as there isn't loads of weird ones. 

47 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Nice, I'm very close to the end, over 130 hours put in. 

What are the trophies like? I've done all the sidey missions so far but I've not done the fishing for the guy at the settlement or that stuff, I think by the time I finish I'll be close to 100% as long as there isn't loads of weird ones. 

Genuinely not too bad in honesty, swimming 3k with the horse was boring but easy, there were a couple I had to Google but once I'd done that they were quick. 

While you have to catch every fish with the fishing line, you don't need to complete the fishing guy at the settlement. 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

1 hour ago, paul-r-cfc said:

I did that with Origins. Spent about half an hour running about the desert waiting for it to rain cockroaches for the last one.

I should've done this with Odyssey at the start of lockdown but one of the achievements in the Underworld bugged and didn't unlock which is v. v. annoying.

I just finished what is probably the main story (the animus stuff) and as someone that only ever completed the first 2 I had no clue what was going on, won't go into it because of spoilers but I have no idea why they even continue with the animus patter, the whole time I just want to be back in the world cutting about. 

I've been more keen to do the last region and those missions anyway so I'm going to smash through them later on today. 

23 hours ago, Grant228 said:

It is pretty long, where you at? 

Done now, thankfully. About 120 hours I think, still had other stuff to do but I absolutely cba with it. Suffers from the same issues as Odyssey which is the sheer length of the thing and grindy nonsense which isn't enjoyable in the slightest. I like a game to be long, but I ended up finding this very unengaging in the end and I just wanted it done, and that's with me taking over a two month break between January and the start of April.
Story was quite meh and the setting wasn't anywhere near as beautiful as Greece and even Egypt. The only thing that stacked up to Greece was Asgard, which was awesome and sadly too short, Jotunheim on the other hand was a complete pain in the arse.

I really wish you could get Mjolnir and Gungnir earlier because Mjolnir in particular is a hell of a lot of fun to use, especially when partnered up with Excalibur. But they then make Thor's armour pretty shite, weird.
Not sure I'll be tempted by the DLC, off to Ghost of Tsushima for me it is now.