Assassin's Creed - Valhalla

stumigoo

On 21/04/2021 at 19:40, NotThePars said:

I think I would like this much more if I hadn't played Bloodborne and Demon's Souls recently because the combat in this is a pisspoor attempt at being a Soulsborne.

I completed God of War right before this so I do feel like a lot of the mythology stuff should be being spouted by a decapitated head with a Scottish accent.

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/04/2021 at 10:26, Mr. Brightside said:

Plus you get to throw the axe about like Mjolnir, unlike what you can do with Mjolnir in AC.

I've done all the lost Drengrs on this now and they are absolutely nothing compared to the 9 Valkyries. When I finally beat Sigrun I was actually celebrating in my living room. 

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

I've done all the lost Drengrs on this now and they are absolutely nothing compared to the 9 Valkyries. When I finally beat Sigrun I was actually celebrating in my living room. 

I've not played the other game but the lost Drengrs were pish easy tbh. It didn't help that I completed all the side missions so was pretty much fully levelled up when I went to take them on. 

Pretty sure the DLC comes out sometime soon, after buying Resident Evil Village I don't think I can justify purchasing this until my next payday. I'm already mad keen to play it though.

2 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I've not played the other game but the lost Drengrs were pish easy tbh. It didn't help that I completed all the side missions so was pretty much fully levelled up when I went to take them on. 

Pretty sure the DLC comes out sometime soon, after buying Resident Evil Village I don't think I can justify purchasing this until my next payday. I'm already mad keen to play it though.

I done one early on when I was well underpowered but the dual spears are hugely OP so it didn't take too long to get it dealt with. The others I think I was fighting folk levelled 120 while I was 350+.

You'll likely be able to pick up God of War on the cheap now as it's a couple of years old. It is absolutely tremendous. One of my favourites I've played in the last couple of years. 

3 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Valhalla DLC is out today I believe. I’m playing it a bit more now. It’s alright! I will not go higher than that.

I'll take it. Some regions are decidedly more enjoyable than others. 

Just now, NotThePars said:

Male Eivor is class. Not as cool as Bayek or Kassandra but still class.

I feel like you're meant to go the male one in this and the bird in Odyssey, I actually went Alessandro (I think that's his name) in Odyssey and his patter and voice acting seemed terrible, after watching some clips of the girl version it really gave the impression that she was the main character and he was almost like a knock off version, I was intrigued and watched some clips of the female Eivor and funnily enough thought the same about her, she sounded peculiar to say the least and again made me think they designed the game based off of Eivor with her as the throwaway. 

I'm also fairly certain if I hadn't of watched Vikings shortly before playing and I hadn't recently been watching YT about that era I might not have been so attached to the game and Eivor basically being Ragnar in Vikings. 

4 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Male Eivor is class. Not as cool as Bayek or Kassandra but still class.

The voice acting for male Eivor is definitely a bit more lively than female Eivor. 

(I haven't played the others. The last one I played was Brotherhood I think.)

2 hours ago, G51 said:

Going to download the DLC now. Looking forward to getting in about some Dubs.

Let us know what you think without spoilers.

Am I right in saying you weren't a massive fan of the main game? 

I feel like you're meant to go the male one in this and the bird in Odyssey, I actually went Alessandro (I think that's his name) in Odyssey and his patter and voice acting seemed terrible, after watching some clips of the girl version it really gave the impression that she was the main character and he was almost like a knock off version, I was intrigued and watched some clips of the female Eivor and funnily enough thought the same about her, she sounded peculiar to say the least and again made me think they designed the game based off of Eivor with her as the throwaway. 
I'm also fairly certain if I hadn't of watched Vikings shortly before playing and I hadn't recently been watching YT about that era I might not have been so attached to the game and Eivor basically being Ragnar in Vikings. 

Pretty sure the female versions are 'canon' so to speak. Towards the end of Valhalla, you find a letter that refers to Eivor's surname as Varinsdottir, rather than Varinson.

Agreed about Alexios in Oddysey though. Voice acting wasn't great and dialogue was pretty poor throughout. Took away from the overall quality of the game for me.

2 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Pretty sure the female versions are 'canon' so to speak. Towards the end of Valhalla, you find a letter that refers to Eivor's surname as Varinsdottir, rather than Varinson.

Agreed about Alexios in Oddysey though. Voice acting wasn't great and dialogue was pretty poor throughout. Took away from the overall quality of the game for me.

Doesn't Eivor's grave have the pelvis obscured? 

I know tho that the mixed option does give you fem Eivor in the main and male Eivor in the Asgard stuff. 

Anyway, the season pass is 33 quid so I'm out for now on the DLC.

4 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Alexios was like a bad knock off Jason Momoa. I was not a fan. Kassandra was class.

5 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Kassandra is the cannon character in Odyssey as the tie in novel has her as the main character. I think the female Eivor is also cannon as i have seen vids with the male one getting called she in cut scenes, if you go let the game chose you spend more time as a female and again has a tie in (this time a prequel graphic novel) bassed on the female Eivor. 

2 minutes ago, ajwffc said:

Kassandra is the cannon character in Odyssey as the tie in novel has her as the main character. I think the female Eivor is also cannon as i have seen vids with the male one getting called she in cut scenes, if you go let the game chose you spend more time as a female and again has a tie in (this time a prequel graphic novel) bassed on the female Eivor. 

I did actually notice one scene near the end referred to Eivor as "she" which I thought was clearly a lapse in editing. 

Male Eivor should be canon. 

• 2 months later...

It might just be because I've been playing a lot of the broken graphics RDO lately but after playing a few hours on the Ireland DLC this is such a beautiful game. I'm loving some of the small touches they've added, I think they made England ever so slightly too colourful whereas Ireland is just pure greenery and it looks a bit more realistic imo.