Assassin's Creed - Valhalla

stumigoo

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

I've 100%'d the last couple of AC games but I don't think I can force myself to catch every kind of fish in the game for this one.

That didn't take me too long in honesty. 

This is the first AC game I've ever completed, I've often found them to be quite dull but I enjoyed it. 

Had absolutely no idea what was happening with regards to the main storyline. 

19 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Done now, thankfully. About 120 hours I think, still had other stuff to do but I absolutely cba with it. Suffers from the same issues as Odyssey which is the sheer length of the thing and grindy nonsense which isn't enjoyable in the slightest. I like a game to be long, but I ended up finding this very unengaging in the end and I just wanted it done, and that's with me taking over a two month break between January and the start of April.
Story was quite meh and the setting wasn't anywhere near as beautiful as Greece and even Egypt. The only thing that stacked up to Greece was Asgard, which was awesome and sadly too short, Jotunheim on the other hand was a complete pain in the arse.

I really wish you could get Mjolnir and Gungnir earlier because Mjolnir in particular is a hell of a lot of fun to use, especially when partnered up with Excalibur. But they then make Thor's armour pretty shite, weird.
Not sure I'll be tempted by the DLC, off to Ghost of Tsushima for me it is now.

I disagree with all of this. 

Just completed it. Greece all looked the same and was beyond dull whereas England and especially Vinland looked awesome. Perhaps due to the ps5 upgrade too but either way I thought the land they created was far better looking and far more immersive.

If I'm playing a game about a Viking trying to pacify the lands of England I'm more than okay with it being long. I completed every side mission and I did it in 130 hours so I'm guessing if you only did the main story you could do it a lot lot quicker. 

I'm very keen for the DLC. 

9/10

On 09/04/2021 at 16:02, Grant228 said:

That didn't take me too long in honesty.

Actually looking at the achievements I think beating all the orlog players would take me even longer. It look me long enough to beat the one you need to to get one of the clues for a cultist.

Edited by Rodhull

Actually looking at the achievements I think beating all the orlog players would take me even longer. It look me long enough to beat the one you need to to get one of the clues for a cultist.

I gave up on that and Googled the guy's location. Could not beat them.

13 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

I gave up on that and Googled the guy's location. Could not beat them.

Well shit! For some reason I thought they didn't appear on the map until you had all the clues. I would definitely have done that too. :lol:

Well shit! For some reason I thought they didn't appear on the map until you had all the clues. I would definitely have done that too. :lol:

I was worried about that but It basically told me where he was I think so I just had to go and kill the guy I thought it would be. Got it first time thankfully.

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

Luckily I'd been doing the orlog players throughout the game, come completion I only had 3 to do? I quite enjoyed the game 😂 got a strategy and won everytime. 

Had a couple of occasions where the game has told me I need to sneak through a fortress to get something. But 20 minutes earlier I raided it and there's literally nobody left alive. 

Overall it's a great game. Loads to do. I think I'm pretty close to the end of the main story but I've got all the Asgard stuff to do etc. 

10 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Had a couple of occasions where the game has told me I need to sneak through a fortress to get something. But 20 minutes earlier I raided it and there's literally nobody left alive. 

Overall it's a great game. Loads to do. I think I'm pretty close to the end of the main story but I've got all the Asgard stuff to do etc. 

Aye I had that a few times. That was one frustration I had because I was pretty much completing the areas before I did the missions. 

I wasn't into the Asgard stuff at first but really enjoyed it in the end, it's quite long though if you're saving it for a quick run through. 

28 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Luckily I'd been doing the orlog players throughout the game, come completion I only had 3 to do? I quite enjoyed the game 😂 got a strategy and won everytime. 

I loved Orlog, it's not quite Gwent but it was good fun, I also just did them everytime I saw them, was your strategy to just smash the red outlined ones and the stealing cards because that did me wonders. 

I dont think I'm going to try and 100% the game. I pretty much have done that mission wise so I'm not going to now run around catching fish. 

26 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Aye I had that a few times. That was one frustration I had because I was pretty much completing the areas before I did the missions. 

I wasn't into the Asgard stuff at first but really enjoyed it in the end, it's quite long though if you're saving it for a quick run through. 

I loved Orlog, it's not quite Gwent but it was good fun, I also just did them everytime I saw them, was your strategy to just smash the red outlined ones and the stealing cards because that did me wonders. 

I dont think I'm going to try and 100% the game. I pretty much have done that mission wise so I'm not going to now run around catching fish. 

Aye, got all the cards with outlines and any stealing cards, then smash with the special card that done all the damage. 

28 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Aye, got all the cards with outlines and any stealing cards, then smash with the special card that done all the damage. 

Aye that's pretty much what I would do. I would get so annoyed at the enemy strategy which seemed to be exactly the same, sometimes it actually works just going full offense because the opposition always spends time building their god cards (whatever they're called)

3 hours ago, well fan for life said:

Shout out to the Orlog lads for the flawless tactic. It's been doing my tits in. 

I've just started the Eurvicshire arc so scrapping against the picts. I have absolutely no idea how close I am to the end now but I'm just wandering about scrapping with folk. 

Depends how many regions you've got left to pacify. I think the decision in the Eurvicshire arc was the only one that I struggled with that I went ahead and googled the outcomes. 

Most of the fun I got from the game came from just doing the regions rather than the main overarching story, stay in the animus, f**k the wider story just let me plunder and raid and build my settlement with some cool regional dilemmas!

Just now, Stormzy said:

Depends how many regions you've got left to pacify. I think the decision in the Eurvicshire arc was the only one that I struggled with that I went ahead and googled the outcomes. 

Most of the fun I got from the game came from just doing the regions rather than the main overarching story, stay in the animus, f**k the wider story just let me plunder and raid and build my settlement with some cool regional dilemmas!

Really enjoying that it gives me a longship full of my own squad of raiders then tells me I can stealth to take a fortress. 

Doesn't seem very viking of me does it?

2 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Really enjoying that it gives me a longship full of my own squad of raiders then tells me I can stealth to take a fortress. 

Doesn't seem very viking of me does it?

Nah but neither does the inability to kill civilians when you're raiding 😂

I read a funny review that i posted in another thread here from someone that hadn't played previous Assasins Creed games and thought he was somehow gaming the system by hiding in the bushes and stealthily killing people..

6 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Nah but neither does the inability to kill civilians when you're raiding 😂

I read a funny review that i posted in another thread here from someone that hadn't played previous Assasins Creed games and thought he was somehow gaming the system by hiding in the bushes and stealthily killing people..

True but it's a good laugh steaming in for a fight. 

I left the animus very briefly when I was kind of forced to. It then appeared to be a lot of wider world stuff that I have no idea about having not played an AC game since my 360. So I hopped back in and carried on my days. 

12 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

True but it's a good laugh steaming in for a fight. 

I left the animus very briefly when I was kind of forced to. It then appeared to be a lot of wider world stuff that I have no idea about having not played an AC game since my 360. So I hopped back in and carried on my days. 

Aye I much prefer just to run in 90% of the time. 

That's the same as me, be warned the main ending is a lot of animus stuff that I had no clue what was happening with.

8 hours ago, well fan for life said:

Now my orlog issues have been replaced by the fucking stupid cairn building puzzles.

I didn't have a problem with them until the last two, they are brutal. The worst thing is you can't exactly watch a spoiler you still have to do it regardless. If you're not fussed it search it on google and there will be a guide on ways to do them, still not exactly easy but I had to resort to them a few times near the end. 

Definitely the most stress and rage the game gave me, I didn't want to look it up initially and think I spent 30 mins on one before I turned the game off 😂