Assassin's Creed - Valhalla

stumigoo

4 hours ago, spud131 said:

Looks quality, would have like to have seen some gameplay footage but I'm sure it'll come soon enough.

They’ve said gameplay footage will debut at a Microsoft event on May 7th.

Origins and Odyssey were a huge improvement on the games before them, and despite being so different from the Ezio era games that made the series massive which makes comparisons difficult, Odyssey is probably my favourite of them all.

This has the potential to be even better, but it wouldn't be the first time an AC game has got massive hype then ended up being a glitch ridden mess.

I’ve always been an apologist for the Assassins Creed series looking over their dozens of shortcomings for some reason but Odyssey and Origins were the first in the series that I could firmly recommend to people with only one caveat: they’re really, really big games. Origins took me about 3-4 weeks of sustained playing to do pretty much every non radiant quest. I’ve played Odyssey for over a month now and I’m still not done with everything. The writing falls short occasionally but they’re the best written games, really easy to play and in debt to two of the best game series of the last few years: Dark Souls and The Witcher.

I recently bought all the DLC for Odyssey having completed main storyline. It really is a massive game, I have no idea if I will finish it anytime soon and happy to just pick it up to play for a couple of hours every now and again.

On 09/05/2020 at 08:28, stumigoo said:

I recently bought all the DLC for Odyssey having completed main storyline. It really is a massive game, I have no idea if I will finish it anytime soon and happy to just pick it up to play for a couple of hours every now and again.

The Atlantis stuff took me just shy of a week and I was playing it every day for a couple of hours at least.

ETA: And one of the achievements bugged out so I'm now gonna be sitting on 1830 of 1850 forever.

Edited by NotThePars

Considering you got the remaster of AC3 and Liberation with the Odyssey season pass it really was a crazy amount of content.

Will no doubt be buying Valhalla at launch but going to wait to see whether getting the gold edition is worth it this year. It’s good that they still let you use the 100 ubisoft points for 20% off in their store. I got an email saying that was being discontinued but must only have been for certain countries.

Considering you got the remaster of AC3 and Liberation with the Odyssey season pass it really was a crazy amount of content.
Will no doubt be buying Valhalla at launch but going to wait to see whether getting the gold edition is worth it this year. It’s good that they still let you use the 100 ubisoft points for 20% off in their store. I got an email saying that was being discontinued but must only have been for certain countries.
Didn't realise AC3 came with that. Will need to get that downloaded.

I went back to Oddysey at the start of lockdown and put a solid 30 - 40 hours into the DLC alone. The three new worlds for the Atlantis one were as impressive as anhything I've played before in a visual sense.

I could still potentially keep going for that amount of time and more. The game itself is epic. Fix the iffy dialogue and either can the modern day 'plot' or make it far better. Loved all the intrigue and conspiracy theory type stuff thag went along with that part of the plot but it took a nosedive when Desmond arrived and hasn't really had a point since then.

• 7 months later...
1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

I've seen people lose their shit over it but there's no chance I get there before the end of... March?

Yeah it took me over 70/80 hours to get to the end. It's really confusing but the good news is that the game is great right up until you hit the very end, so it's worth sticking with.

13 hours ago, NotThePars said:

I've seen people lose their shit over it but there's no chance I get there before the end of... March?

i am the same but it might be the end of march before i start the game. As i am still on Odyssey with 70hrs played and 65% of the main story done