PAW NOM NOM

The boy had two slices of white bread, cubed, a tin of Butchers garnished with chicken and cocktail sausages 😂

i had a slice of toast with Marmite and peanut butter 🤷🏾‍♂️

48 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

The boy had two slices of white bread, cubed, a tin of Butchers garnished with chicken and cocktail sausages 😂

i had a slice of toast with Marmite and peanut butter 🤷🏾‍♂️

Marmite and peanut butter, from separate jars, or this stuff?

19 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Marmite and peanut butter, from separate jars, or this stuff?

Separately spread. I've tried the all in one and it was okay. 

My dog has just polished off a wood pigeon that a sparrowhawk took out in our garden a few weeks ago. The hawk got a fright when my partner pulled into the drive and didn't return for its dinner.

Seemed a shame to waste it.

Edited by Rizzo

• 2 weeks later...

not exactly pets (well - not pets in any way, shape, manner or form) but these herberts have been eating my carefully tended worms every night for the last week or so - not seen them in the previous six months we've lived here so no idea why they've suddenly taken to turning up - other than Mrs H is planting our her new raised beds and they have designs on scoffing anything that looks remotely like growing as soon as it makes an appearance

they're surprisingly big close up an' all - and make a load of noise snuffling around - most impressive

thinking about setting out strips of double-sided carpet tape on boards and leaving them on the grass overnight - secure myself a lifetime's worth of shaving brush bristles at little or no cost - result !

image.png.723a8639aaa3648083b5c209292dae01.png

On 30/04/2020 at 19:47, Rizzo said:

My dog has just polished off a wood pigeon that a sparrowhawk took out in our garden a few weeks ago. The hawk got a fright when my partner pulled into the drive and didn't return for its dinner.

Seemed a shame to waste it.

There's a video posted in the NSFW from about the start of lockdown where a pigeon that was being chased by a young buzzard bounced off my front window. Frighteningly clinical as the buzzard rips its throat out. Predictably it got disturbed and took off leaving a twitching bleeding-out corpse on the front lawn. Mrs a-p was all for me lifting it but I wasn't too keen. As predicted at the time though, someone won a free supper and all that was left in the morning was a few feathers. Job done. Still got the big blood stain on the cobbles though...

10 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

There's a video posted in the NSFW from about the start of lockdown where a pigeon that was being chased by a young buzzard bounced off my front window. Frighteningly clinical as the buzzard rips its throat out. Predictably it got disturbed and took off leaving a twitching bleeding-out corpse on the front lawn. Mrs a-p was all for me lifting it but I wasn't too keen. As predicted at the time though, someone won a free supper and all that was left in the morning was a few feathers. Job done. Still got the big blood stain on the cobbles though...

We are doing dehydrated dog treats today so got some turkey tit, liver and heart on the go. The smell is horrific. 🤮

20200513_132100.jpg

20200513_134108.jpg

The dog normally gets a bit of whatever I'm scoffing so he has had some home made potato salad, halloumi (he's not mad on sweet chilli though unless it's sweet chilli crisps, bread and houmous and a bit of Snickers protein bar. 

• 1 month later...

No idea what happened to it but waste not want not. Kind of looked like it had flown into a wall.

The big lad will enjoy it in a couple of weeks.

Thankfully still had one shite bag left, how's that for convenience. 

20200618_175733.jpg

Edited by Rizzo

13 hours ago, Rizzo said:

No idea what happened to it but waste not want not. Kind of looked like it had flown into a wall.

The big lad will enjoy it in a couple of weeks.

Thankfully still had one shite bag left, how's that for convenience. 

20200618_175733.jpg

In a couple of weeks? What happens to it meantime?

Also, I have never known anyone to feed their dog these things. Where do you live? Alaska?

We've got 8  cats at the moment (wild, not pets as such) so no way we're buying food for them - so it's whatever we don't eat and then whatever wildlife they can catch such as gekos, birds, rats, mice and the odd snake.