Whitletts Victoria

• 2 weeks later...

ADAM RETURNS TO VICS

Whitletts Victoria are delighted to announce the return to the Club of striker Adam Forsyth.

The 25 year old striker, who is currently recovering from a cruciate knee injury,  rejoined the Club after a season in the SJFA West Region Premiership with Irvine Meadow.

Forsyth was manager George Grierson’s first signing when he came to the Vics in January 2018 and his goals helped fire Whitletts to promotion to the Championship. The following season he netted a club record 39 goals in the Championship which attracted interest from many clubs before he joined Meadow.

Now Forsyth has returned to his local club and is desperate to get himself back to full fitness and back scoring goals for Whitletts as they prepare to start life in the new West of Scotland League.

“I am delighted to be returning to Whitletts and will be working hard to get back to full fitness as soon as possible so that I can play my part for the Club in the new West of Scotland Football League next season. I enjoyed my time at the Club previously and have a good relationship with the manager so hopefully it wont be long before I’m back playing for the Club.”

Vics boss George Grierson was delighted to resign Forsyth for a second time for Whitletts.

“When fully fit Adam is a terrific goalscorer. One of the best in the non-league game and I’m delighted that he has agreed to resign for Whitletts” said George.

“He’s currently working his way back to fitness after a bad injury so it will be a few months before we see him back playing again but knowing Adam as I do I know his determination and drive to succeed will get him back in a Whitletts shirt sooner than originally anticipated.”

“He is a phenomenal goalscorer and averaged a goal a game during his previous spell at the Club and with Whitletts joining the pyramid system and the West of Scotland Football League next season I am confident that he will be a major asset for the Club.”

• 3 months later...