What exactly are his credentials??

thebairns57

This george fraser what experience has this man had in football before he got involved with the new kids on the block from alloa in the lowland ??

Genuinely curious??

He always seems to get off scot free from any stick on here yet on social media he gets a fair bit.

Yet on here good junior men are easy targets for criticism on here yet on social media they seem to get backed fairly positively. 

It's like two parallel universes!

Edited by thebairns57

The "good junior men" with a couple of exceptions have presided over the virtual extinction of that level of football, when by parking the arrogance, making different decisions and being willing to compromise on occasion they had a shoo-in to incorporate the clubs they represented at a higher level of the pyramid than they ended up joining at.

Stellar job done there then.

13 hours ago, thebairns57 said:

This george fraser what experience has this man had in football before he got involved with the new kids on the block from alloa in the lowland ??

Genuinely curious??

He always seems to get off scot free from any stick on here yet on social media he gets a fair bit.

Yet on here good junior men are easy targets for criticism on here yet on social media they seem to get backed fairly positively. 

It's like two parallel universes!

f**k off pricey

I’d be really curious to understand what people think are the credentials required to be the Chairman of a board. Keep in mind just because someone has done something for a very long time doesn’t mean they have the credentials to do that job.

4 hours ago, gogsy said:

Joined an hour ago, made eleven posts already.

That’s only another 6500 before he catches up with you Gogsy.

To play the devils advocate though it was a reasonable question for those of us who don’t know a lot about him.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

What's the bar for acceptable credentials then?

Well there are  people who don’t know him from Adam so I guess it’s a question iof what experience he has rather than credentials. I’m sure he is a very capable guy otherwise he wouldn’t be where he is.

i know the original post was meant as a wind up but I’m genuinely interested in finding out a bit more about him as I’m  sure others are for the right reasons..

1 minute ago, santheman said:

Well there are  people who don’t know him from Adam so I guess it’s a question iof what experience he has rather than credentials. I’m sure he is a very capable guy otherwise he wouldn’t be where he is.

i know the original post was meant as a wind up but I’m genuinely interested in finding out a bit more about him as I’m  sure others are for the right reasons..

Who is he and what's his background ??

I'd like to genuinely know also. Thanks. 

13 minutes ago, cherrywhite said:

Why don’t you just ask him directly? His email, twitter are readily available.

Edited by The Informer

13 minutes ago, santheman said:

From what I recall from an interview he did, his kid was involved with Broomhill Sports Club as a youth. As a parent he was some what involved. Kid fell out of playing football, but he stuck with the behind the scenes.

Been with BSC Glasgow since its formation as a senior side in 2014. He was elected Chairman of the Lowland League at the 2018 AGM in a vote against the incumbent.

His name probably caught people's attention for the first time around the end of 2017 when BSC Glasgow were looking to start a WoSFL and were looking for notes of interest.

Basically seems to be a local guy that got involved in the organisational side of football because of their kids, kept their own interest and trying to make the best of it for his local team.

George is a very intelligent football minded guy,a straight talker. that communicates very well.he has a real drive about him.he has seen how much his own club has grown in such a space of time being part of the pyramid.he honestly belives the wosfl will in time bring out the best in the clubs who wish to go forward.

Edited by Lowland team

1 hour ago, cherrywhite said:

Who are you and what is your background? Apart from joining the forum 8 hours ago.

I dunno this fella Fraser but his credentials seem pretty dece to me from a purely footballing PoV

First of all he has taken the football arm of a sports club for people who want their weans out of the house and turnt it into a football club challenging for promotion to the Scottish football league and the 5th round of the Scottish Cup. So he's doing something right.

He's also been in charge of the Lowland League which was, to many, a bit of a joke when it started and turnt it into a league that is catching up with its Highland counterpart and its two other "competitors" (East and West Region Juniors) have either been wound down entirely or turnt into a Saturday amateur league for clubs in the Livingston Area.

Compare this with what the Hefe of the Junior game has overseen: continued drops in attendances and sponsorship for their main competition, an en mass defection by almost every club in the East of the country below the Tay (including, what, a dozen former Junior Cup holders?) and decided the best course of action at this point was to ignore the remaining clubs wishes, do nothing, and watch the entire West Region leave the junior set up and see their big trophy, the Junior Cup, turn into a weird zombie competition that only a handful of clubs from West Lothian, Tayside and Aberdeen will take any interest in.

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix