Things that will be different after the lockdown

With all the emphasis on hand-hygiene, surely greeting people with handshakes will be a thing of the past? Tb be replaced with fist-bumps - or is that still iffy?

What about hugs?

Will people take to wearing masks as a habit?

Will the footballer's gob be massively frowned-upon? I had already read about spitting potentially being outlawed before the lockdown.

Or will people just revert to pre-lockdown behaviour?

I'll still be a tedious c**t, obviously.

Edited by paranoid android

4 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Or will people just revert to pre-lockdown behaviour?

This. End thread.

Wait, no - this applauding the NHS virtue signalling will continue indefinitely. After an initial show of "rewarding" its staff and increasing funding, overall NHS spending will have decreased by the next election. All the fuds applauding will still vote the Tories back in.

Just now, BigFatTabbyDave said:

This. End thread.

Wait, no - this applauding the NHS virtue signalling will continue indefinitely. After an initial show of "rewarding" its staff and increasing funding, overall NHS spending will have decreased by the next election. All the fuds applauding will still vote the Tories back in.

Probably.

Is handshaking not believed to be a major cause of spreading germs, though? Even before this pandemic?

Surely lessons have to be learned? 

1 minute ago, paranoid android said:

Probably.

Is handshaking not believed to be a major cause of spreading germs, though? Even before this pandemic?

Surely lessons have to be learned? 

If you think a wee virus will put off the Great British Public from shaking hands in the time-honoured Great British tradition, well, you've got another thing coming!

Some folk will take on board advice and learn lessons. Most folk will go back to normal.

1 minute ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

If you think a wee virus will put off the Great British Public from shaking hands in the time-honoured Great British tradition, well, you've got another thing coming!

Some folk will take on board advice and learn lessons. Most folk will go back to normal.

You're probably right.

At what point did it become a habit to cover your mouth when coughing? What was it that prompted people to start carrying handkerchiefs?

I think some things will change - who knows what, though?

And, Is it really just a wee virus? This is (hopefully) a once-in-a-lifetime occurrence - we've never known anything like this. 

I'm probably making too much of it, tbh.

4 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

At what point did it become a habit to cover your mouth when coughing? What was it that prompted people to start carrying handkerchiefs?

Probably when enough minky c***s had been knocked about for spraying mucus in people's faces that the rest thought better of it. Battering people for being disgusting is frowned upon now, so covering your mouth seems to be on the decline. As for handkerchiefs, I'd bet that was a fashion thing.

I reckon we'll start seeing more of these types of virus as population densities increase. For one to have a lasting effect on behaviour, it will need to seriously affect people under 50 in some way. There are plenty of folk who'd accept the elderly population being decimated so long as they could get back down the pub on a regular basis. People are c***s.

15 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Probably when enough minky c***s had been knocked about for spraying mucus in people's faces that the rest thought better of it. Battering people for being disgusting is frowned upon now, so covering your mouth seems to be on the decline. As for handkerchiefs, I'd bet that was a fashion thing.

I reckon we'll start seeing more of these types of virus as population densities increase. For one to have a lasting effect on behaviour, it will need to seriously affect people under 50 in some way. There are plenty of folk who'd accept the elderly population being decimated so long as they could get back down the pub on a regular basis. People are c***s.

Cloth Hankies were used by the Greeks and Romans.

1 minute ago, SlipperyP said:

Cloth Hankies were used by the Greeks and Romans.

Bet it became widespread because Caesar was seen out with one tucked into his laurel.

More people will work from home - a lot of workplaces who've been able to do this haven't fallen to pieces and there are a lot of advantages to it.

In my own case, I can spend more time with my wife and son, I eat dinner with them every night and get to help out my wife looking after him during the day, which is great for all of us.  I spend just over an hour a day commuting and it's good to have that time with my family and not in the car.  I've also saved a fortune in fuel, it's nearly two months since I filled the tank and it's not even half done yet.

Leaving that aside, I think that until there are basically no cases of the virus going around it'll take some persuading to get people back into offices if they don't absolutely have to.  Our desks aren't two metres apart and it's impossible to go in and out of the building while maintaining the level of social distancing recommended even before the current lockdown.  

I also think that people wil be wearing face coverings in public places a lot more.  I don't think it will be mandatory, ie made law by the government, but I can see a lot of places refusing entry to customers who aren't wearing masks or scarves over their faces.  

Folk will surely leave the cities realising that they can get so much more for their money elsewhere and have a much better work life balance. Pretty much everyone has proved they can work from home so shouldn't be an issue.

Also air travel will drop for a while especially if some airlines go bust as this will probably push up the prices of air travel. 

I would hope folk spend their money more locally and we can ditch the UK but that might be wishful thinking.

There will likely be a lot of paranoia (often unjustified) from people that will take a long, long time to dissipate. People not wearing masks being screamed at, for instance. 

Restaurants will probably struggle as a result of the above. Even with social distancing, many just won't want to take the risk. 

The weirdos that select the urinal next to you when the one furthest away is free will regrettably still exist despite this.