Club song original melody

Not knowing the origins of the song I was both shocked and bemused when I first watched Smokey and the Bandit. As the Bandit races to his final goal up came the tune of the Billy Boys...

Red white and blue bunting as well, staunch!

• 5 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Turkmenbashi said:

This one has started doing the rounds recently

I've seen this pop up a couple of times now and can honestly say I've never heard it at a football match. Who sings it?

12 hours ago, RawB93 said:

I've seen this pop up a couple of times now and can honestly say I've never heard it at a football match. Who sings it?

I've heard I think from Rangers and Hibs and maybe others. Liverpool was probably the first British team I heard sing it.

• 1 year later...

I’d have thought most would have know the “wings of a sparrow” song was ‘My Bonnie Lies over the Ocean’. Here’s the Kriegsmarine having a go at it on German TV:

Edited by Enigma

13 hours ago, Enigma said:

I’d have thought most would have know the “wings of a sparrow” song was ‘My Bonnie Lies over the Ocean’. Here’s the Kriegsmarine having a go at it on German TV:

Reckon you're spot on there, that's much more of a match. Could also be the same tune as this: