Scottish championship team of the year /BBC picker

championship-toty-2020-6015a5589540dcfb7477b721eefe6b17.thumb.jpg.4a5362405e575d8359c1be7fa6df4d1b.jpg

Just went for a generic Dundee United midfield given how diabolical the choices are, the back four isn't strictly in position either.

Can't believe that anyone is picking a flapping mess like Doohan or Siegrist over a keeper who is already playing at a higher level and whose departure directly contributed to his former team crashing down the league. Would have gone for Rogers as a second pick if he were available, the rest haven't impressed me at all. 

He SHOULD be though. His recent pedigree should suggest he's an absolute different level to the rest of the League. He hasn't stood out as far as I can see though.
Either that or 19QOS19 mis-spelled "Doran".
No I meant Dorrans. I remember a Dundee fan claimed he bossed the midfield against us in the game this season and I had to check Livescore to see he had been playing.

Doran is someone I forgot. Usually plays well against us.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

No I meant Dorrans. I remember a Dundee fan claimed he bossed the midfield against us in the game this season and I had to check Livescore to see he had been playing.

Doran is someone I forgot. Usually plays well against us.

I know you did. I was being facetious.

To be honest I don't think even Dundee fans generally have been that gushing of him. He did ok, but he hasn't really played like he's the best midfielder in the division or anywhere near it.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

championship-toty-2020-6015a5589540dcfb7477b721eefe6b17.thumb.jpg.4a5362405e575d8359c1be7fa6df4d1b.jpg

Just went for a generic Dundee United midfield given how diabolical the choices are, the back four isn't strictly in position either.

Can't believe that anyone is picking a flapping mess like Doohan or Siegrist over a keeper who is already playing at a higher level and whose departure directly contributed to his former team crashing down the league. Would have gone for Rogers as a second pick if he were available, the rest haven't impressed me at all. 

Ok mate I'll bite, where is he? Sub or injured perhaps?

Determined not to put Shankland in there to be "edgy", however, putting Nisbet in there because he's the best striker in the division compensates for it.

Assuming you applied the same logic when picking Lee Ashcroft over Jamie McCart [emoji1787][emoji1787]

1 hour ago, whereismillar said:

to be fair we have been poor against morton recently, which will be reflected in his choices .

You hardly pulled up trees against the rest of the divison either, which is why you only finished a mere three points above a honking Queen of the South outfit.

2 hours ago, virginton said:

You hardly pulled up trees against the rest of the divison either, which is why you only finished a mere three points above a honking Queen of the South outfit.

and how is that to do with the admiration of flannigan from other fans , yes we struggled but it doesnt men we dont have some good players , you lot were not that much better either early doors and only moved away at the latter end  

and by your logic Dobbie is crap too ?

Edited by whereismillar

and how is that to do with the admiration of flannigan from other fans , yes we struggled but it doesnt men we dont have some good players , you lot were not that much better either early doors and only moved away at the latter end  

Do not get him fucking started on Dobbie.

2 hours ago, virginton said:

quite confident we would have caught you lot too , but hey ho we will never know.

Just now, whereismillar said:

i wouldnt write him off yet , but maybe now past his best , last season he was immense in a poor side .

And he's been shite in a poor side this season.  That last game before the season was ended was one of the worst away performances I've seen from an away team for several years.

Dobbie is finished at full time football.  He's about 47 and it shows now.
And he's been shite in a poor side this season.  That last game before the season was ended was one of the worst away performances I've seen from an away team for several years.
He still scored more than any of your players this season in an absolutely rotten side. He's certainly not "done" but I expect next season will be his last. If our useless manager figures out Dobbie isn't a lone striker/needs a tall striker beside him then I expect he'll get double figures next season.

1 hour ago, whereismillar said:

It's hardly outrageous to state that a team that jobbered along all season like Alloa didn't have any of the top players in the division within it: I'm afraid that the 'didn't they do well for a part time team' tag that you've been getting used to has shifted north to the Angus area for now.

And that brand of mediocrity most certainly applies to Flannigan, who has failed to do anything of note at the top end of this league in his entire career.

Dobbie had an utterly mediocre campaign and if I had to put together two teams of the division he still wouldn't have made the cut.

55 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

quite confident we would have caught you lot too , but hey ho we will never know.

Well given that The Famous were the form team in the entire division in 2020 and had already taken seven points off you, I'd lay off the daytime Grants' if I were you.

Edited by vikingTON

20 hours ago, virginton said:

Two Morton players and no Shankland. What a bell end