Gartcairn FC

sctv

IMG_3507.jpg

CLUB STATEMENT

As the season has came to an early close due to the restrictions imposed with the covid 19 virus the players and committee of Gartcairn fc would like to thank all who supported and helped us on our journey this season.

With the move to the new West league next season we ask for your continued support.

A number of season ticket holders have enquired about what happens with missed games and to that note we at Gartcairn believe in looking after those that have helped to look after us.

We are replacing every season ticket bought last season with a free one for season 2020/21

We appreciate your support and hope this goes some way to showing that.

In these times much as football doesn’t matter it gives us something to look forward to.

We hope everyone stays safe and we all come through this together as one.

Thank you.

Alex McDowall

Chairman

Gartcairn FC

Good gesture mate, but will that affect budget for next season? Surely for the amount of gsmes left vs the price of a season ticket your fans would be happy to forego the remaining games for the good of the club,?  Applaud the gesture, as I said. Me personally, would be happy to pay for my season ticket for good of club. Hopefully your fans will think the same bud 👍

5 hours ago, sctv said:

IMG_3507.jpg

CLUB STATEMENT

As the season has came to an early close due to the restrictions imposed with the covid 19 virus the players and committee of Gartcairn fc would like to thank all who supported and helped us on our journey this season.

With the move to the new West league next season we ask for your continued support.

A number of season ticket holders have enquired about what happens with missed games and to that note we at Gartcairn believe in looking after those that have helped to look after us.

We are replacing every season ticket bought last season with a free one for season 2020/21

We appreciate your support and hope this goes some way to showing that.

In these times much as football doesn’t matter it gives us something to look forward to.

We hope everyone stays safe and we all come through this together as one.

Thank you.

Alex McDowall

Chairman

Gartcairn FC

Dear goodness! 

A number, if not most clubs at our level doing what that they can to ensure they have a future with no income coming in since March. Fans and others alike pledging money to the club, players taking no wages, fundraising initiatives happening all over.

Good to see when all rally round our clubs at this time. No, wait........

Edited by Casey Jones

I am a season ticket holder at Musselburgh Athletic.

Not once since COVID-19 occurred have I though to ask my club for a refund of my season ticket for matches which did not take place. I would be astonished if any of my fellow season ticket holders at Musselburgh asked for money back. Most supporters at my club are concerned with ensuring the club is there next year, by doing everything they can to keep the club afloat.

15 minutes ago, sctv said:

The guys weren’t having a dig it was a discussion on what the professional guys were asking, so we took the initiative to reward our guys and try to do right thing

I appreciate you are trying to do the right thing. If I went to my Chair and asked the same question, without quibble, the money I wanted back would be in my bank account the same day. 

What you appear to be doing is not only return the money back, albeit next season, but also give them more, as if the season hadn’t taken place at all by giving the supporters a full season ticket.

I bet I would be in the bottom10% of wage earners, from those in full time work, who support Musselburgh. Personally, I would be embarrassed if I was handed a free season ticket by my club. Maybe I have more attachment to mine than your supporters have with yours. 

Personal view from me and thanks for the responses.

14 hours ago, sctv said:

We don’t have many tbh and our budget is not based on gate money so maybe makes it a touch easier

Also wasnt have a dig mate. Agree with Casey jones tho, the seasons nearly over, I'd be a bit embarrassed to be asking for money back for the sake of a few games. More important than ever to have income towards the club surely?