New Adverts

Hi @Div

Just want to start off by saying I am not trying to tell you how to run your business I’m only giving you a suggestion with some loose validation (and also because it’s my own personal preference).

I was looking through the earlier posts on this thread and I see you showed how site traffic was down quite a bit. I was wondering if you had ever considered doing away with the individual club threads that have became popular over the last few years. I did a thread asking this in the last year or so and to be honest the majority view was that the individual threads should stay. Due to how you run this site I’m sure you don’t want to then go against the majority view.

But my point in doing away with the individual threads was that the big news events in Scottish football these days don’t end up with their own thread and can be swallowed up by the overall club thread. A couple of recent example of this would be both involving Leigh Griffiths - firstly when he signed for Dundee and then with the recent incident with the flare.

Both of these would’ve been 10+pagers on their own back in the old days with the potential for more discussion (read that as heads gone) drawing more people in. That is the benefit to the site in terms of traffic for those that are already members.

For non-members though and people who have no idea about this website then surely there would be the potential for more eyes on the site via google results? If I google Leigh Griffiths signs for Dundee I probably won’t get a link to P+B as all the chat is in the Dundee thread.  But if there was an individual thread with this title on here surely it would then pop up with results on google?

Clearly I am giving a totally amateur take on this and I might be a million miles away from any kind of sense but is just a suggestion. I was looking back for good examples and one of those would be when Derek Adams was sacked at Ross County (towards the end of the available pages on the Premiership forum) and it was a 20 plus page thread which these days, in my opinion would all have been built into the Ross County thread and as a result would’ve had less people commenting on it.

In the meantime after 16 years of this free content I’m signing up to platinum.

Appreciate your comments.

Traffic isn't an issue for the site, we've rebounded well from the lull last year. End of the day there was no football played for 6 months, that was the primary cause of traffic being down and the ad industry virtually shut down for a couple of months at the start of the pandemic too. That too has rebounded and all is well again.

Traffic in August was up 30.4% on the same period last year so we're still doing something right 🙂

Ad boys always want more exposure for their advertisers, the users always want less intrusive ads, it's a battle we've had for over 10 years and it won't ever change.

Appreciate the Platinum subscription, you'll find the site much more enjoyable without any ads hopefully!

3 hours ago, Div said:

Appreciate your comments.

Traffic isn't an issue for the site, we've rebounded well from the lull last year. End of the day there was no football played for 6 months, that was the primary cause of traffic being down and the ad industry virtually shut down for a couple of months at the start of the pandemic too. That too has rebounded and all is well again.

Traffic in August was up 30.4% on the same period last year so we're still doing something right 🙂

Ad boys always want more exposure for their advertisers, the users always want less intrusive ads, it's a battle we've had for over 10 years and it won't ever change.

Appreciate the Platinum subscription, you'll find the site much more enjoyable without any ads hopefully!

Just realised the site traffic post was mid-lockdown 1.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I briefly shat myself there when an Postecoglu video interview popped up in the exact same part of my computer screen as a work Teams call would.

It looked like he'd called from a junkies flat too, lighting that Dracula would be proud of. 

• 4 weeks later...

The constant redirects from Vodafone when opening threads or moving between forums are a complete pain in the arse. Biggest consequence for me is I’ll never use Vodafone for anything now. Advertising of that nature is unacceptable, imo.

On 29/09/2021 at 23:15, Alert Mongoose said:

It’s beginning to resemble the Daily Record website. Horrific.

The Daily Record website is AIDS

if the answer is ''fly high wee man''  what is the question ?

Spoiler

if someone under 25 dies, quote me something the daily record uses after lurking on facebook

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Get that Cera Ve advert tae f'ck - I know you've got a lavish lifestyle to support Div but I'm trying to make it look like I'm working here and that advert just about takes the feckin roof off

(Or is there a way to mute adverts and I'm just being a senile auld c'nt!?)

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a British Rail advert covering 90% of my screen & making the board almost impossible to use - can't see a way to clear it - I've only managed to post this by opening a dialogue box really quickly before it engulfed the screen.

Chrome/PC