WoSFL Licensing

.....we have been working behind the scenes over the past 6 months or so, so shouldn't have too much still to do

Don't underestimate the amount of paperwork, training courses, qualifications etc required. They all take time. Good luck. [emoji106]

He laughed: “I’m really looking forward to it, even if we draw Pittenweem United – if that’s a team – away from home. It doesn’t really matter. @glensmad  https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/rutherglen-glencairn-gain-massive-financial-27169837

Hope you get St Andrews United away so you can have your visit to the East Neuk :lol:

57 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

He laughed: “I’m really looking forward to it, even if we draw Pittenweem United – if that’s a team – away from home. It doesn’t really matter. @glensmad  https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/rutherglen-glencairn-gain-massive-financial-27169837

Hope you get St Andrews United away so you can have your visit to the East Neuk :lol:

Lol, it's just a town name that came into my head. I actually Google'd it after the interview to see if there is a Pittenweem United, unfortunately there isn't. 😪

On 08/06/2022 at 15:50, glensmad said:

Lol, it's just a town name that came into my head. I actually Google'd it after the interview to see if there is a Pittenweem United, unfortunately there isn't. 😪

There was a junior/juvenile side called Pittenweem Hearts that played between 1919 and 1940

Junior side Pittenweem Rovers also played between 1938 to 1940.

http://sfha.org.uk/club-directory.htm

On 08/06/2022 at 07:43, glensmad said:

Don't underestimate the amount of paperwork, training courses, qualifications etc required. They all take time. Good luck. emoji106.png

According to someone on the EoSFL forum all the paperwork for a lot of clubs in the East looked as it was filled in by one person.

A lot more licenced clubs btw there all playing in the Big Scottish.

I personally don't believe that to be true.

lol

According to someone on the EoSFL forum all the paperwork for a lot of clubs in the East looked as it was filled in by one person.
lol
Don't get me wrong, a lot of the policies and paperwork exercises we had to do were copied from successful licensed clubs and then "Glencairnised". There's nothing wrong with that. What can't be copied, though, are the multiple training courses and qualifications required. They all take time, money and personal commitment by individual club people.

41 minutes ago, glensmad said:
1 hour ago, Glenconner said:
lol

Don't get me wrong, a lot of the policies and paperwork exercises we had to do were copied from successful licensed clubs and then "Glencairnised". There's nothing wrong with that. What can't be copied, though, are the multiple training courses and qualifications required. They all take time, money and personal commitment by individual club people.

When I looked into it a couple of years ago I noticed that - but also noticed one club forgot to "Glencairnise" the document and left the original club's name in. Must be getting old as I'm sure I've already mentioned this.

When I looked into it a couple of years ago I noticed that - but also noticed one club forgot to "Glencairnise" the document and left the original club's name in. Must be getting old as I'm sure I've already mentioned this.
Yeh, I had to read through every single word to make sure I didn't make that mistake. [emoji1787]

19 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

There was a junior/juvenile side called Pittenweem Hearts that played between 1919 and 1940

Junior side Pittenweem Rovers also played between 1938 to 1940.

http://sfha.org.uk/club-directory.htm

There used to be a Pittenweem Fish Van came round my street.

These points may, or may not, be connected.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Glenafton, Petershill and Troon are all working towards a licence, in time for next season presumably.

Anybody else actively doing so?

Despite the WoSFL drawing back from their proposed requirement to make licensing compulsory for the Premier Division clubs, I'd have expected all the other established and aspiring ones to be at least looking into it by now.

Beith, Hurlford and Largs (plus Rabs when they get their ground sorted) must be top of that list.

What about Arthurlie and Cambuslang and the so far unlicensed promotion hopefuls from Division One?

1 hour ago, archieb said:

Glenafton, Petershill and Troon are all working towards a licence, in time for next season presumably.

Despite the WoSFL drawing back from their proposed requirement to make licensing compulsory for the Premier Division clubs, I'd have expected all the other established and aspiring ones to be at least looking into it by now.

Beith, Hurlford and Largs (plus Rabs when they get their ground sorted) must be top of that list.

What about Arthurlie and Cambuslang and the so far unlicensed promotion hopefuls from Division One?

We're not going to start pointing fingers at clubs for not going for their licence are we?

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

We're not going to start pointing fingers at clubs for not going for their licence are we?

Absolutely not, just curious about where else the licensing bug has caught on and which clubs are happy as they are.

It's not as easy a process as the rapid growth in numbers over the past 2/3 years might suggest, very demanding of time and resources.

8 hours ago, archieb said:

Whitletts are my local WoS team and are in the process of moving back to the Whitletts area. Brand new pitch down and plans are in place to do up the pavilion soon. The statement released says they plan on going for a license in the future but I’m assuming it will still be a couple years away with the work needing done