WoSFL Licensing

1 hour ago, parkcircus said:

In the lowland league there are midweek matches every week, a lot more common than in the wosfl

2019-20 they only scheduled 3 main blocks for midweek games 30/31 July, 27/28 August, 1/2 October. It's then really only random postponement or cup displacements that would push games to midweek.

I don't think they'd be anymore more common than the WoS Premier. Both 30 game league seasons, Scottish, SCC during the season. The LL finishes a couple of weeks earlier but play their League Cup after the regular season. The WoS Premier clubs would have League Cup games during the season.

1 hour ago, parkcircus said:

...as all EOS prem teams have light...

Crossgates Primrose don't but they have a ground redevelopment planned that involves installing a set. Good to hear that the plan is for SFA licensing criteria to eventually be the norm at WoS premier level. Think regular 3:00pm kickoffs would be a good move to avoid clashing with TV games.

7 hours ago, parkcircus said:

if the council were to deny them lights they’d be stopping them for doing business as all EOS prem teams have light and I can see the license bronze level being the entry criteria to both EOS and WOS premier leagues in a few years.

Stopping ground sharing on grass parks will probably be in this year in the premier league, and then introduced further down. The entry criteria to the Premier League will resemble the SFA License criteria without lights but lights will be added over time, next season close to 50% of the WOS prem will be licensed if all clubs applying pass this year  

You don't even need Bronze to enter the SPFL, Entry is good upto League One (or even Champ??), I very much doubt it will ever be a requirement at tier 6 level although I can see Entry level licence perhaps coming in sometime in the future (although it may also just occur naturally anyway).

IIRC correctly(its been a while since I've truly dug through the spfl rules) the dividing lines in the pyramid are between league 1 and the championship( change between entry and bronze licencing),  league 2 and tier 5(bronze floodlights required but entry for everything else)  and tier 5 to tier 6(entry license).    

The spfl have certainly been less strict in the background tho, a few clubs with entry licences have played in the top 2 tiers for example.  I think they care more about why you are at a lower level than you should be,  IMO ground criteria is their biggest priority.

Edited by parsforlife

6 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Guess I'm seeing things from a southern perspective,where every league that has lights seems to have a good run of midweek fixtures. Amazes me that even the SPFL don't have many games under lights tbh, so at non league level I guess that lights are only for Saturday games when the light fades.

The English game it more stacked than ours tbf,  and generally over wider areas,  so not only are there more games to fit in,  but early KO's are harder to be practical.

I do predict more midweek KO's in the future tho.  More clubs floodlight and a earlier deadline to the season are going to combine.

Edited by parsforlife

9 hours ago, parkcircus said:

In the lowland league there are midweek matches every week, a lot more common than in the wosfl

if the council were to deny them lights they’d be stopping them for doing business as all EOS prem teams have light and I can see the license bronze level being the entry criteria to both EOS and WOS premier leagues in a few years.

Stopping ground sharing on grass parks will probably be in this year in the premier league, and then introduced further down. The entry criteria to the Premier League will resemble the SFA License criteria without lights but lights will be added over time, next season close to 50% of the WOS prem will be licensed if all clubs applying pass this year  

Hardly, there's not been a midweek LL game since the start of November (excluding the handful moved from a weekend in the festive period). The LL this season had two midweek rounds in July, and one in August, October and November. Pre-Covid that was only one in July, August and October. 

Surely the grass park ground sharing should just depend on whether the park can cope? Once KRR get their new ground and Drumchapel upgrade theirs, you're only left with St Cadoc's sharing at what is one of the better grass parks. 

Is it necessary to made near-licence criteria mandatory for tier 6? Wasn't needed in the east where clubs will naturally want to improve the facilities for LL promotion and Scottish Cup entry. I make it 8/16 clubs with a licence next season going by current standings, but then if clubs start going up without any coming in from the LL or from tier 7 then it might be hard to keep increasing that number.

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

You don't even need Bronze to enter the SPFL, Entry is good upto League One (or even Champ??), I very much doubt it will ever be a requirement at tier 6 level although I can see Entry level licence perhaps coming in sometime in the future (although it may also just occur naturally anyway).

I would hope that Bronze is referring only to the lights (300lux), which is what the SPFL requires.

Its not light spillage that would be the issue, it’ll be the far lights aiming directly into the lower flats, ground and 1st floor
But the park was there before the flats so can’t really be complaining about football being played.
I really wouldn't be a fan of floodlights being forced upon well run teams like Kilbirnie, Beith, Glenafton, Troon etc who play on grass pitches and currently may not have the fundraising power, backing of local council etc. So floodlights could be putting them in debt or having large loans to pay off that they can't afford.

5 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Yeah that’s right, some things a bronze some are entry “best practice”

1 hour ago, Shannon said:
13 hours ago, parkcircus said:
Its not light spillage that would be the issue, it’ll be the far lights aiming directly into the lower flats, ground and 1st floor
But the park was there before the flats so can’t really be complaining about football being played.

I really wouldn't be a fan of floodlights being forced upon well run teams like Kilbirnie, Beith, Glenafton, Troon etc who play on grass pitches and currently may not have the fundraising power, backing of local council etc. So floodlights could be putting them in debt or having large loans to pay off that they can't afford.

I don’t want to comment on other clubs finances but two of those clubs are currently fund raising for SFA Club License 

Edited by parkcircus

Why would any sensible league be looking to prevent teams from groundsharing? It seems a bit backwards.
Reading between the lines I don't think West Region heirarchy are very happy with Drumchapel and St Cadoc's ground sharing and spending relative fortunes on their squad while currently not having a suitable ground and using Maryhill and St Anthony's and likely don't want too many other teams doing similar...?

Reading between the lines I don't think West Region heirarchy are very happy with Drumchapel and St Cadoc's ground sharing and spending relative fortunes on their squad while currently not having a suitable ground and using Maryhill and St Anthony's and likely don't want too many other teams doing similar...?

Drumchapel iirc currently can't do anything at the Donald Dewar Centre due to it being used as a vaccination centre. With St Cadoc's their proposals for a ground were met with opposition from locals, no idea what the current status is.

6 hours ago, Shannon said:
9 hours ago, craigkillie said:
Why would any sensible league be looking to prevent teams from groundsharing? It seems a bit backwards.

Not really 

it’s in the ground entry criteria for new clubs, so can hardly ask new clubs to follow the criteria when existing clubs don’t.

St Peter’s, Finnart. Broomhill all are temp sharing on Astro with lights

...and the point that appears to be being missed is that two clubs sharing a natural grass pitch at this sort of level is a recipe for fixture backlogs. Any club playing at a semi-professional level should have its own ground in its traditional catchment area. What happened in the Lowland League with BSC Glasgow moving to Alloa is the sort of scenario that sensible leagues should be preventing.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Absolutely no problem with temporary ground sharing IF plans for their own ground are in place, with a time limit. Question : could a club go from (ex) junior all the way through the spfl - ground sharing all the way ? Again it's spending on wages rather than a ground. Can fully understand if league's aren't totally happy.

1 hour ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Absolutely no problem with temporary ground sharing IF plans for their own ground are in place, with a time limit. Question : could a club go from (ex) junior all the way through the spfl - ground sharing all the way ? Again it's spending on wages rather than a ground. Can fully understand if league's aren't totally happy.

It's not a great prospect, but there's nothing stopping it. Cumbernauld Colts have everything in place to do that. There's probably others.