WoSFL Licensing

6 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

Do people think that the clubs whose grounds are being rented by others do it out of the goodness of their own hearts? Of course not, they're charging rent. Rent that they can put toward their own facilities and squads. The clubs renting can't invest this into their own ground. In any case, how many clubs truely own their own ground? Many just have council leases.

It makes no sense to me to have football facilities stand idle every other Saturday. Land is expensive. It's unrealistic to expect every club at this level and below to be able to have its own ground and creates another barrier into clubs entering the league. How are they realistically meant to progress?

Do I think some clubs take the piss? Yes, absolutely, playing miles outside your traditional area, like BSC. But Drumchapel and St Cadocs are hardly playing miles outside their locale. Ideally it'd be great if every club could have its own ground, but pragmatically this just isn't feasible. 

So long as clubs have secure leases, then what is the issue? If the pitches are getting cut up then that's a league disciplinary issue. Any host clubs should be taking this into account and considering the impact on their pitches and maybe using some of the rental money to improve their pitch and facilities.

6 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

None of these clubs "own" the ground though. They rent from the council (like many clubs). What's the difference between a club renting from another club that own their ground and renting from the council or trust etc?

The WoS is trying to do right by its' clubs but Cyclizine makes some really good points. Maybe this is a case where the WoS is using a sladge-hammer to crack a nut? It will inevitably lead to bad blood at some time in the future so why go down this road in the first place? Better to avoid creating a problem than have to deal with the consquences in future.

7 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

None of these clubs "own" the ground though. They rent from the council (like many clubs). What's the difference between a club renting from another club that own their ground and renting from the council or trust etc?

Petershill/Rossvale do not rent from the council.

On 30/01/2022 at 20:04, parkcircus said:

The only rule is there no ground sharing on grass parks

Due to the timing of applications and The agm is was decided to form div4 to give new clubs 1 year to meet the ground criteria 

Are Drumchapel Utd not playing at Maryhill?

18 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Clydebank have spent their own money, effort and time improving the ground.

Yes, but the ground itself is controlled by the community academy (as far as I was aware), I've nothing but admiration for what Clydebank have achieved, a wonderful example of a community club, but I'm just using them as an example: my point is that many clubs don't own their grounds outright, but have long-term leases from e.g. councils, trusts etc. Obviously, this doesn't stop them investing in their grounds. I'm just not sure why leasing a ground that another club owns is any different to leasing from another body.

• 1 month later...

Floodlight pylons are up at Pollok, midweek game scheduled home to Clydebank on the 20th April - have to assume that'll be the first floodlit game.